Game Update Notes: December 3, 2019

Fire Attunement.9835

@"Vegeta.2563" said:These are based on Perfect Scenarios

Scrapper

A list of all condition cleansing skills from scrapper based on current meta build used. None of these skills are being adjusted according to the notes.

Comes out to be 950 cleanses every 2 minutes. You add on Purity of Purpose that gives boons for each cleanse, and that's just insane.

Scourge

Now let's look at scourge and corrupts with their target cap and skill cooldown with current meta after the patch would hit.

I left out Trail of Anguish as most of the time the skill is hard to determine how many corrupts it can pull off in 2 minutes considering the enemy position and yourself.

Comes out to be 456 boon corrupts every 2 minutes.

Without Devouring Darkness nerf.. it would be at 516 boon corrupts every 2 minutes. Still not even enough to keep up with scrapper cleanses.

If purity of purpose had a 1 second internal cooldown, it would help make up for it. Keep in mind scrapper will still be able to cleanse 950 conditions every 2 minutes, but the amount of boons gained from conditions would be halved (475 boons applied)

The amount of boons that are going to be applied vs the amount of corrupts going out is going to impossible to keep up with it. Especially with boons being applied every cleanse. The amount of boons applied are 2.0833333..... times higher than corrupts going out in a 1:1 class scenario.

When it comes down to it.. most of scourges corrupts come from stationary skills.. meanwhile cleanses from scrapper are based around scrapper themselves either via purge gyro, cleansing field, and cleansing pulse. You can dodge out of stationary fields and it's going to be even easier with cripple being removed from Manifest Sand Shade. How do you compete with cleanses that are mobile??

Corrupts should never outnumber cleanses, NEVER! Or boon application for that matter, but they should achieve effect in a localized time, for 2-5 seconds maybe. But even than, it shouldn't always happen on first try.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Because Scourge is the only class that rangers can go for? Perma immobilized happens to everyone, it's up to your group to cleanse it (Scourge has F2 and F3) and corrupting boons, Insane Barrier support and Still doing decent damage on top of that.

Only if the Scourge casts the shade at his feet. You should probably learn about what you are talking about before you talk about it. You don't know why Scourges are upset because you don't know why Scourges are upset, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

Idk, I haven't had a problem with Immobilise on scourge, perhaps its a l2p issue

Amazing HUD QoL updates; I am particularly fond of Casting Ground Targets and it not snapping to my feet (you know, when you hover over a HUD specific item)!

• I have found an edge-case scenario that does not obey this rule, however: when Inventory, Game Options, other In-Game UI windows are open, when I start my Ground-Targeting while mouse is over these UI Windows, the Target snaps to my feet vs where my mouse is
  • EDIT: more edge-case/caveats:
    • mouse-over: Chat Linked Item (even Guild/Player name), Skill Bar #'s - and activating a Ground Target will snap Ground Target to player feet.
    • Note: ground target LOCKS to players feet Ground Targeting option is set to FAST

Another Inventory "bug" that I find horrifically atrocious is clicking-through-context-menus, clicks on background window.Example: Inventory Window is open (pretty much all the time while I play) - movement is normal WASD and while using the Inventory Gearbox to Deposit All / Compact, it is a real-problem to click between the Top-Two menu-items, click into the Inventory Search text-box, all the while movement stops and my inventory is spammed with WWWAAASSSDDD. And then death from (game mode agro).

A few more thoughts:

• Dynamic HUD: Objectives, could be broken out into sub-components? Story, AP, Events

• Runes: a check-box style to apply my 6-x Superior Runes to all currently-equipped armors

• Sigils? maybe apply-all for "primary" and "secondary" slots (1h vs 2h weaps)
    • maybe first iteration for legendary armor to: equip Rune-X to all Armors (similar to how stat-changing works)
  • Dye Panel: caveat/inconsistency for Capes. Main Dye Page shows items like the Gliders (SAB Cloud), grey'd out and unable to change dyes - where as Capes do not show up unless you have a Cape equipped.

Much appreciated!

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Why out of combat, why not like all the other classes... boggles the mind...

Ele alone has 20 skills per weapon set... x2 = 40 skills that needs to be balanced for combat. That would be insane.

But its a nightmare to try and use the class like that.. better off just using one or two elements in my opinion..

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

scourges after last nefr: can't be any worse than this...ANet team: hold my beer!

Scourge nerfs are deserved

Why are they deserved in PvE?

Revenant still not working. Let's see if I can play this game next year.

6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666PLEASEFORTHELOVEOFGOD,PLEASEHEALYOURSELF!!!666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:more scourge nerfing.................why don't you just remove the Scourge?!make it Battefly collector

scourges after last nefr: can't be any worse than this...ANet team: hold my beer!

Sure. But the problem is that other classes are clearly broken as well and the only one getting addressed is scourge?Sure they said they are going to look into it: boonspam and dmgBut there's been so many complaints... So why just nerf scourge?Support builds: Firebrand is the biggest offender, followed by scrapper, then ele. And even though you don't see a lot of scrappers and eles rn in public zergs (at least on my server) they will become insanely op, if you only nerf the insanely op firebrandDmg: even though you are building full glass cannon, with literally only a single stunbreak+1 stack stab as well as 3600 barrier as only defense. You will be doing much less dmg than heralds, eles and other builds, that have more defense built in.

Also this patch didn't just nerf dmg scourge, it greatly crippled any support scourge build for wvw as well (and support scourge was rather bad before).

@SloRules.3560 said:Corrupts should never outnumber cleanses, NEVER! Or boon application for that matter, but they should achieve effect in a localized time, for 2-5 seconds maybe. But even than, it shouldn't always happen on first try.

Corrupts never have outnumbered cleanses, that's not the point I was making. The point I was making was that boon application being applied from purity of purpose via cleanses might be a bit much to keep up with, and that boons would be applied too frequently basically making corrupts pointless to use at all.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Vegeta.2563" said:
(cooldown of 20 seconds, 1 cleanse on 5 allies every second for 10 seconds, pulses 11 times) (330 cleanses every 2 minutes)Your math is wrong. It literally takes 1/3rd off your total cleanse count.

Super elixir only cleanse conditions on the initial AoE, the pulses heal.

Noted.. I made adjustments to the original post. I was looking at the skill description, and not so much the notes.

@"Vegeta.2563" said:These are based on Perfect Scenarios

Scrapper

A list of all condition cleansing skills from scrapper based on current meta build used. None of these skills are being adjusted according to the notes.

Comes out to be 650 cleanses every 2 minutes. You add on Purity of Purpose that gives boons for each cleanse, and that's just insane.

Scourge

Now let's look at scourge and corrupts with their target cap and skill cooldown with current meta after the patch would hit.

Nefarious favor is 10 seconds cd in wvw. With sinister shroud that's 8.5 seconds.So only 70 corrupts max per 2 minutes.

Not very reliable. As this often gets used before standing inside the enemy.

I left out Trail of Anguish as most of the time the skill is hard to determine how many corrupts it can pull off in 2 minutes considering the enemy position and yourself.

Comes out to be 456 boon corrupts every 2 minutes.

Without Devouring Darkness nerf.. it would be at 516 boon corrupts every 2 minutes. Still not even enough to keep up with scrapper cleanses.

If purity of purpose had a 1 second internal cooldown, it would help make up for it. Keep in mind scrapper will still be able to cleanse 650 conditions every 2 minutes, but the amount of boons gained from conditions would be halved (325 boons applied)

The amount of boons that are going to be applied vs the amount of corrupts going out is going to impossible to keep up with it. Especially with boons being applied every cleanse. The amount of boons applied are 1.425 ..... times higher than corrupts going out in a 1:1 class scenario.

When it comes down to it.. most of scourges corrupts come from stationary skills.. meanwhile cleanses from scrapper are based around scrapper themselves either via purge gyro, cleansing field, and cleansing pulse. You can dodge out of stationary fields and it's going to be even easier with cripple being removed from Manifest Sand Shade. How do you compete with cleanses that are mobile??

And also we should/could add:

Enfeebling blood (dagger 5) with ~24 corrupts per 2 minutes (4.8 uses)

As well as

Unholy feast (axe 3) with 100 corrupts per 2 minutes (10 uses)

But this all would need a pretty perfect play with cooldowns and in a real fight over 2 minutes, a scourge will corrupt 90-150 boons, depending on how good the scourge isBut the average scourge will do like 70-90 max.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Sure. But the problem is that other classes are clearly broken as well and the only one getting addressed is scourge?Sure they said they are going to look into it: boonspam and dmgBut there's been so many complaints... So why just nerf scourge?Support builds: Firebrand is the biggest offender, followed by scrapper, then ele. And even though you don't see a lot of scrappers and eles rn in public zergs (at least on my server) they will become insanely op, if you only nerf the insanely op firebrandDmg: even though you are building full glass cannon, with literally only a single stunbreak+1 stack stab as well as 3600 barrier as only defense. You will be doing much less dmg than heralds, eles and other builds, that have more defense built in.

Scourge damage should never be better than Weaver or Herald and hoping that Rng is on Weavers side when they drop their meteor shower. seeing as Scourge brings more than just damage to the table with Boon corrupts and Barrier so having scourge do as much damage as those 2 would make scourge stupid and clearly unbalanced even more so than it is already. like you said with the boon corrupts being nerfed, they need to look at how many boons are being generated in this game, so Firebrand and Purity of Purpose are the two things I would look at since I see those two the biggest culprits of the boon spam, aswell as the 2 support classes that are the preferred choice over any others

@greenie.4076 said:Lol the fall damage trait from ele is now useless af....its like a wasted slot imo

arenanet's patchnotes mentioned most if not all fell damage traits to be or have been overworked and changed yet btw. notsure if that counts for the runes too that mentioned falldamage, those were hardly used anyways though.

@BadHealer.3608 said:Revenant still not working. Let's see if I can play this game next year.

could u specify? revenant is top meta in nearly each existing format, so that statement sounds a bit... funny?

@ZDragon.3046 said:Start with something similar to what you called out for corrupt boon with Arcane thievery tbh considering its very similar in regards of range, unblockable, and has little to no tell and a short cd.You are right! This skill is also insane

As far as limiting burst reducing the number of skills that can be multi cast ontop of one another is also something you can start with. This would mean adding even a short cast time to a few skills to limit how many skills could be used at the same time along side one another.I could definitly see that. (edit : but again I am not sure on what since most of them are instant and fine by themselves)

Ranger
:This is a nice idea but hardly solves any of the other dozen problems with ranger.Imo locking pets to the relatable xpac elites would go along way. Too many ranger builds in competitive regardless of core, rarely druid, or soul beast depend on smoke scale. Limiting smokescale would tone down ranger utility because in truth this one pet does too much for all builds.I do not see how limiting pets to the corresponding extension would do any good to ranger. Core pets are really really bad and they are not going to change them any time soon (if ever, last time it was before PoF and mostly bug fixes XD ). Even new pets that are in core categories and could be good are sad (cheetah should have been the bread and butter for range damage specs but the F2 barely works and the pet dies in seconds).If anything the problems on ranger are that the profession is not competitive right now and does not have any build diversity. You have 2 weapons that are competitive (LB and GS). LB is easy to counter and for GS only the 2 does a lot of damage (only thing I could see reduced a tiny bit), the rest is only utilities. (GS auto need something better too). For utilities / traits you are forced to take survival (only good defense) and beastmastery (only way to make pet do damage / survive and that still is not enough).

Guard
:Dont go looking to nerf core lines when the problems are with firebrand mind you.Symbols with core guardian are not a problem as core guardian has counters and weaknesses and lacks the sustain that firebrand brings along side it. I would start with lowering mantra effectiveness. Possibly reducing counts on all of them from 3 charges down to 2 charges.True. I do not really want to lower mantras because I think that full heal firebrand would get hurt a lot and I do not mind this build as much.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@BadHealer.3608 said:Revenant still not working. Let's see if I can play this game next year.

could u specify? revenant is top meta in nearly each existing format, so that statement sounds a bit... funny?Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you all would love to have a revenant in your group that is unable to use the skill 6 nor the skill 7 nor the skill 8 nor the skill 9 nor the skill 10. Please give me a build that is meta and I will play with you happy until the day I die.

Did you hear that? YOU CAN PLAY GUILD WARS 2 WITH YOUR WEAPON SKILLS ONLY AND YOU ARE TOP META!!!

Guild Wars 2 can be played by me. I'm so happy.

@BadHealer.3608 said:

could u specify? revenant is top meta in nearly each existing format, so that statement sounds a bit... funny?Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you all would love to have a revenant in your group that is unable to use the skill 6 nor the skill 7 nor the skill 8 nor the skill 9 nor the skill 10. Please give me a build that is meta and I will play with you happy until the day I die.

Did you hear that? YOU CAN PLAY GUILD WARS 2 WITH YOUR WEAPON SKILLS ONLY AND YOU ARE TOP META!!!

Guild Wars 2 can be played by me. I'm so happy.

Just macro mirage, ur personal skill will be increased 300%.Behave like a lamer, u will be very effective if u play towards low effort builds that can be macroed.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Just macro mirage, ur personal skill will be increased 300%.Behave like a lamer, u will be very effective if u play towards low effort builds that can be macroed.Macro's on mesmer burst? Pressing 3 buttons one after another ... need a macros.... rip brain cells.

Macro + wpe, u would surprised how many are using it not only for mesmers.

Gw2 needs no brain cells for a player to look like an amazing player, reason pvp players halve no credit like gw1 pvp players had.