[Vid] Who is arenanet trying to attract with mechanics like this?

RisenHowl.2419

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:@topicWhen I was new to the game I did encounter this build (it exists since mesmer exists and is not bound to an elite spec) and I got oneshot. I am still playing the game and I don't get oneshot anymore. Not on necro with 0 life force and not on any other class.

RisenHowl what happened? Do I remember correctly that you play a lot of WvW? WvW is full of this gimmicky mesmer build. Tons of training opportunities... Your positioning leaves also some room for improvements. Esp. in the first scene: as a necro stay behind your team mates (and I mean literally!) until you got some life force. You are not the frontline at the beginning of a match! Never! If they move in slow motion to mid, you move even slower!

Besides that, when you encounter a coordinated team while being in a team of pugs with bad map and team awareness, you get farmed (and me too!). And that will happen in any multiplayer-videogame. That's not GW2 specific.

First target in every fight is the necro, it wouldn't have mattered if I went out first, third, or all at once. I was going to get targeted first. Not a problem with 1 mes, but with 4 there's no chance of avoiding the 1 shot. This was a no-win situation

It would have trust me you had you waited a bit you at least would have likely been able to wait out the mesmers stealth so you would have at least seen the mesmer coming at you.

Necros cannot run in first with 0 life force because you are just asking to be slapped to the floor by any profession that looks at you. Now some teams will always turn to focus you which can be good or bad depending on you and your team as your team gets the pressure pulled off them which might let them peel or support you. It really depends though. Yes necro is usually focused first which is why you dont go in first.... If you think you cant do mid then even try going far first (depending on whats there) you odds might be better. I usually depending on the map at least look to see what profession ran far on the enemy team before going to mid if I go to mid first im just asking to be killed because i have 0 LF i cant really defend myself without LF as a reaper and my offensive pressure is also not going to be very great without LF.

I would rather be late and have a chance to make a change in the team fight then be the first and dead and not have gotten to fight at all.

Im not excusing the fact that you would have still not gotten blown up in this specific match of pvp but i mean that initial first opening kill they got on you most certainly could have been avoided. especially if you saw at the start of the match you were up against 2 or 3 mesmers NEVER GO TO MID FIRST. That many mesmers on a team is just the perfect idea to start with Mass invis it would have 100% been worth it to hang back even if you still lost the team fight at mid because of it.

Trust me ive ran into mesmer comps that have hit me with this before too. ITs not fun, its frustrating, and just god awful but still. Some basic things you can do you should still do if it might make a difference.

Tell you what, how about I get 4 other people to play mesmer and record us vs you. That way you can show me, and everyone else, how to survive it properly?

I think you missed the part where i said you would likely still die in the end but still there were alot of things in that video especially before you started getting spawn camped that you could have or rather should have been doing that you didn't do. As i said that first death could have been avoided or less immediate had you waited for a bit or not gone in first.

Necro is already at a disadvantage vs most mesmer builds especially ones like these that incorporate things like mantra of distraction (power lock). 1 Mesmer like that i could probably handle with a few lucky reads but 2 or 3 at the same time is not possible for anything thats not like thief or another mesmer to handle.

With necro literally knowing is half the battle because you dont have many tools to cover your mistakes or get you out of trouble once you get into it.

Im no pro but i know not to run into the mid first as a necro i use to do it too but i got tired of getting immediately focused like that bit it from a stealth kill or 4 people jumping on you at once so i dont run in first anymore i dont care what the rest of my team is or what im playing aginst i dont run in first on necro lol. You could bring 5 thieves or better yet 5 elementalist which generally are countered by necros for all i care and i still wouldnt run in first. Thats just not wise and if you keep running in like that you will keep getting killed like that till you learn not to do it unless they change something with necro thats more modern than flesh wurm that lets them escape bad situations.

So, no then? Because you must by now realize it's a no win scenario. If I had avoided the first mesmer, the second would have killed me. They open from stealth and will always target the necro first, even when tHeY wAiT tO oG iN.

You can't camp the fear mark either, it's not like it's invisible. There's nothing stopping them from using f3 before blink.

You cant win every match up. Some times i need other people to tell me this too.

IT does not matter if you out matched or not if you want to run in like a fool when you know you are going to be focused first then you will die like a fool and you shouldnt complain about it. Even if there is a 2nd mesmer who still would have gotten you. STILL DONT RUN IN FIRST "what the heck"

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viquing.8254 said:There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.Yes and its not for the reasons you listedWvW is full of necros because in zerg fights aoe's are king and necro brings tons of aoe while mesmer does not. Mesmer contributes almost nothing to a zerg fight so there is no reason for them to be there.

The issue in pvp is not nearly the same.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@viquing.8254 said:There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.There's also a reason WvW stalkers that troll players are either condi thieves, deadeyes, shatter mirages, condi mirages and not necros or firebrands.

Very true!But in zerg fights make the same comparison, different classes have different strengths and weaknesses

@viquing.8254 said:On a side note versus 5 core PU burst mesmer I will probably give a try to :

1) take 5 condi necro.2) take staff.3) camp in mark.4) as soon as you see a mark trigger, prepare for their burst, insta fear aoe them. Or if they clone to trigger mark -> clone will get feared or die to aoe so you save up to 5kF1.5 ) Even if they kill a necro, if they get hit by 2 condi mark, it's over for them.

It will probably be a thing with a proper mark rotation.Then make a vid to buff mesmer please.

There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.

No need, their team ran into team with 3thiefs and they got clapped hard, shorts switched to thief and they lost anyways :D

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@viquing.8254 said:On a side note versus 5 core PU burst mesmer I will probably give a try to :

1) take 5 condi necro.2) take staff.3) camp in mark.4) as soon as you see a mark trigger, prepare for their burst, insta fear aoe them. Or if they clone to trigger mark -> clone will get feared or die to aoe so you save up to 5kF1.5 ) Even if they kill a necro, if they get hit by 2 condi mark, it's over for them.

It will probably be a thing with a proper mark rotation.Then make a vid to buff mesmer please.

There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.There's also a reason WvW stalkers that troll players are either condi thieves, deadeyes, shatter mirages, condi mirages and not necros or firebrands.

So the solution if reading the op is to go from a 75% GWENR class representation to 100 % ? :pMean give me the same teamfight output as necro and I will be pretty happy.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@viquing.8254 said:There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.Yes and its not for the reasons you listedWvW is full of necros because in zerg fights aoe's are king and necro brings tons of aoe while mesmer does not. Mesmer contributes almost nothing to a zerg fight so there is no reason for them to be there.

The issue in pvp is not nearly the same.I list aoe as main reason, you say aoe is the reason but it's not the reason I list. Ok...The language barrier is probably harder than I though.

There is a reason why WvW blob are full of necro and not mesmers.There's also a reason WvW stalkers that troll players are either condi thieves, deadeyes, shatter mirages, condi mirages and not necros or firebrands.Very true!But in zerg fights make the same comparison, different classes have different strengths and weaknessesThat's why apart to trolling newbies, core mes isn't the worth it way to go. And as said versus every other burst compo the result would be the same should you see the burst coming or not.Now I detail a use case where even with necro you can still troll them because :1) it's weak to aoe => necro is the king of AOE.2) it's weak to condi => necro has good condi output.Now if people prefer to whine for days I don't care, at the end you will still get farmed even with every nerf you can think about.

So......

@"Helseth.5069"

Necro has always been a free bag since launch by design. This is nothing new. I too experienced something exactly like this pre HoT when a berserker ranger would spawn camp me on necromancer for an entire game. That was when I decided to pick up a class that doesn't need a babysitter.

I didn't watch your whole video but it also appears that you're running berserker on necro. Zerk necro was only ever a meme with lich form in SPvP, never run zerk necro in solo Q. If being killed over and over like this makes them quit, then they were never going to stay in the first place. You either adapt or drown in the salt. Signet of undeath is also bad and useless in SPvP for necro.

@viquing.8254 said:

The issue in pvp is not nearly the same.I list aoe as main reason, you say aoe is the reason but it's not the reason I list. Ok...Must have missed it that said most of the other reasons were just extra bs xD