"we think the new version of Chaotic Interruption is pretty powerful"

Leonidrex.5649

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shao.7236 said:@Odik.4587 You'll be ignored from now on since there has been nothing ever useful coming out of your replies for me to critically think of or argue with.

Powerful is subjective to the context. ?

there is nothing to make you think about anything, you think mesmer is the most powerfull class in the game so the only thing we can do is laugh at you and move on.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Shao.7236 said:@Odik.4587 You'll be ignored from now on since there has been nothing ever useful coming out of your replies for me to critically think of or argue with.

Powerful is subjective to the context. ?

there is nothing to make you think about anything, you think mesmer is the most powerfull class in the game so the only thing we can do is laugh at you and move on.It cant be helped if he couldnt understand what I wrote before (while putting some nonsense nobody asked for), simple as that.Oh ye, RANDOM INTERNET PERSON IGNORES ME?! MY LIFE IS OVAAAAA!

@Shao.7236 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Just a reminder that this trait used to immobilize on rupt since 2013.

The problem is not the trait in itself, the problem is gw2's combat system is pure trash based on spam that promotes unskillfull play. Of course people would cry if they can't spam.99% of baddies posting now didnt even play in that time... How could they know that game was waaaaay less powercrept, CC's were way more limited than now(F3,30s cd 4 seconds casting mantra? So OP), we had tankier amulets, popping up stability meant you cant use your very few CC in a long time and people actually played stability utilities and had invul autoprocs, playing chaos wasnt worth because huge loss of damage and dead grandmaster trait that doesnt work 95% of the game@Shao.7236 said:What really bugs me is how people ask for unwarranted buffs when they
lack understanding
of why things already are in a specific way.Thats pretty much describes you. I wonder you didnt jump with it on every chrono thread when it was deleted

Traits that encourage spam in utter domination without any counter play are not something that should exist.

CI encouraged people to stand still to avoid getting immobilized after Power Lock nerf which kept one shots incredibly biased towards better latencies or it made people wanting to spam anything as small as a daze, pressuring targets so hard there was no way for some professions to do anything at all because their play style as well as utility wouldn't keep up with the amount of mobility denial and controlling effects, most notably any type of Necromancer.

I'm not gonna favor biases, especially on the most powerful class in the game that had it easy since PoF release on phantasm rework.

The whole game is about spam, not just this trait. That's what you get when you think you're more clever than everyone else, there's a reason every other single mmo out there has a resource mechanic.Apart from some combos everything is spam on cd.It boggles my mind how come the same guys that did the best combat system and mechanics out there, did something as bad as gw2 combat.

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:I said in "utter domination". Spam exist in all games. Just look at any FPS.

There's not a lot of things you can spam in GW2 without diminishing returns. Not that I know of aside that one anomaly which pretty much destroyed certain professions entirely.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:I said in "utter domination". Spam exist in all games. Just look at any FPS.

There's not a lot of things you can spam in GW2 without diminishing returns. Not that I know of aside that one anomaly which pretty much destroyed certain professions entirely.

Not true, some games manage to make spam punishable, for example gw1, if you spam you're skills you'll be dead in a heartbeat - in the best scenario, in the worst scenario you'll get all your team killed.

GW2 is all about spam, apart from some combos, power mesmer burst, for example, in which you've to wait f1, gs2, gs3 cds to reset, everything else is spam on cd.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I said in "utter domination". Spam exist in all games. Just look at any FPS.

Not true, some games manage to make spam punishable, for example gw1, if you spam you're skills you'll be dead in a heartbeat - in the best scenario, in the worst scenario you'll get all your team killed.

GW2 is all about spam, apart from some combos, power mesmer burst, for example, in which you've to wait f1, gs2, gs3 cds to reset, everything else is spam on cd.

I would like to agree but that's false, if I spam as a core revenant, I'm not gonna accomplish anything and pretty much die right away. Probably why people refuse to think it's viable because it can't be "spammed".

@Shao.7236 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I said in "utter domination". Spam exist in all games. Just look at any FPS.

I would like to agree but that's false, if I spam as a core revenant, I'm not gonna accomplish anything and pretty much die right away. Probably why people refuse to think it's viable because it can't be "spammed".

Never played core rev but on herald you can pretty much do the same.I would be fine with "revenazing" all professions, but taking out the energy gain from weapon swap. At least that way we would have a resource mechanic.

@desu.2514 said:All they had to do was literally put a 10 second Cooldown on original CI and make it per player. Enough said. Add a cd to infinite horizon enough said. Leave clone gen alone so it doesn’t affect core and chrono there already in bad place

As a returning player, the sheer amount of internal CDs to tack is overwhelming.

I'm not sure how to play this class anymore, so ?‍♀️?? Chrono has no DISTORTION stack??? It can't shatter or create paper clones?? Mirage can't move now??? Who's bright idea was it to take away Superspeed?? There's no roll! Every weapon is borked beyond belief and the primary class functions are all but unusable ?

@desu.2514 said:All they had to do was literally put a 10 second Cooldown on original CI and make it per player. Enough said. Add a cd to infinite horizon enough said. Leave clone gen alone so it doesn’t affect core and chrono there already in bad place

I agree as it relates to CI it would make far more sense to just add an internal cool-down. As it stands they may as well just remove the trait and think up something new because CI is garbage as it stands; Its insulting even. However, I don't think adding a cool-down to IH is a good suggestion. In fact, I think adding cooldowns to traits that are tied to dodge in general is a bad idea, especially for mirage. Why? Simply because anything tied to dodge already effectively has an internal cool-down. Specifically, the internal cool-down for traits tied to dodge is energy supply and the players limited ability to dodge. Adding an additional cool-down to a trait that is activated on dodge already only serves to make it MORE random and LESS skill based because in normal play dodge is used for normal damage avoidance, or for mirage to trigger ambush. This makes it so that for traits like Evasive Mirror pretty random since if you dodged within the last 10 seconds when you didnt need the reflect it wont be available when you DO need it because it always kicks in on dodge if not on cool-down. Doing the same thing to IH would be a horrible idea. It would just make playing mirage more RNG based which doesn't promote skilled play.

I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? i mean you guys are all about trickery, it would make sense for close combat for mesmers to trick thieves who are trying to get into close combat and kill them, at least for me. After all, you both have disengages, so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.

I dunno i just thought of it now.

Also, this would make sense to cull the thief population and keep them in control, like:bring a mesmer to help counter a group of particularly problematic thieves, and bring aoe classes(Necro ele etc to counter mesmers)

Most of the attacks i did see of you guys was single target, at least from what i saw on chronomancer with shatter.

Even the way you guys are built makes it seem like its directly made to counter thieves. confusion torment two things tht would be particularly useful against thief because they move around and attack.

@"Axl.8924" said:I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? i mean you guys are all about trickery, it would make sense for close combat for mesmers to trick thieves who are trying to get into close combat and kill them, at least for me. After all, you both have disengages, so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.

Also, this would make sense to cull the thief population and keep them in control, like:bring a mesmer to help counter a group of particularly problematic thieves, and bring aoe classes(Necro ele etc to counter mesmers)

Most of the attacks i did see of you guys was single target, at least from what i saw on chronomancer with shatter.

Even the way you guys are built makes it seem like its directly made to counter thieves. confusion torment two things tht would be particularly useful against thief because they move around and attack.

Umm, no?Generarly speaking balance goes like this.1 Super heavy2 Medium3 LightSuper heavy counters Light.Light counters MediumMedium counters Super heavy.

Good chunk of mesmers abilities take LONG setup, and is condensed into burst, you land a stun -> go for a burst.Well thief has autoevade passive, so he autowins. On top of 3 ways to remove stun, and if that dosnt work they can steal into you while stun to avoid some damage too.Its not just plasma that counters mes, Their in and out of combat playstyle.When I use 3clone disort for long invuln against warrior, well he is close range so he gets to get hit. Thief ports away and just waits it out.Thief almost compleatly ignores conditions. DD has a passive that cleanses and heals on every evadehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escapist%27s_Fortitude450hp + 1 cleanse every time they evade only 1s cd.Wonder what class has clones that constantly attack and thus proc it all the time ?Then plasma... and then dagger storm, on MARUDERS thief with DD and acro, daggerstorm can hit for 10k if all hits land unless you have heavy class with prot, DS hits hard, on top of cleaving all clones.I played some ranked with core necro ( first timed ). Thief was a pain in the ass but nowhere as fucking annoying as to mesmer.Marks are good against them, big HP pool takes them forever to chew throught. shit like plaguelands can just discourage them for long while.And the worst part is i dont think thief is every gonna be fixed, its not very good tbh, and nerfing it would just be an overkill.Thief shits on mesmer and I just accepted it now.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? i mean you guys are all about trickery, it would make sense for close combat for mesmers to trick thieves who are trying to get into close combat and kill them, at least for me. After all, you both have disengages, so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.

Umm, no?Generarly speaking balance goes like this.1 Super heavy2 Medium3 LightSuper heavy counters Light.Light counters MediumMedium counters Super heavy.

Good chunk of mesmers abilities take LONG setup, and is condensed into burst, you land a stun -> go for a burst.Well thief has autoevade passive, so he autowins. On top of 3 ways to remove stun, and if that dosnt work they can steal into you while stun to avoid some damage too.Its not just plasma that counters mes, Their in and out of combat playstyle.When I use 3clone disort for long invuln against warrior, well he is close range so he gets to get hit. Thief ports away and just waits it out.Thief almost compleatly ignores conditions. DD has a passive that cleanses and heals on every evade
450hp + 1 cleanse every time they evade only 1s cd.Wonder what class has clones that constantly attack and thus proc it all the time ?Then plasma... and then dagger storm, on MARUDERS thief with DD and acro, daggerstorm can hit for 10k if all hits land unless you have heavy class with prot, DS hits hard, on top of cleaving all clones.I played some ranked with core necro ( first timed ). Thief was a pain in the kitten but nowhere as kitten annoying as to mesmer.Marks are good against them, big HP pool takes them forever to chew throught. kitten like plaguelands can just discourage them for long while.And the worst part is i dont think thief is every gonna be fixed, its not very good tbh, and nerfing it would just be an overkill.Thief kitten on mesmer and I just accepted it now.

speaking of which:today i encouuntered a cheap as kitten condi thief, oh man did that suck, got stunned hit with 6-8 condis in 3 sec from invis And went to a stream was told by streamer condi thief even he waanted condi teef nerfed heh they got a bad rep.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? i mean you guys are all about trickery, it would make sense for close combat for mesmers to trick thieves who are trying to get into close combat and kill them, at least for me. After all, you both have disengages, so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.

Good chunk of mesmers abilities take LONG setup, and is condensed into burst, you land a stun -> go for a burst.Well thief has autoevade passive, so he autowins. On top of 3 ways to remove stun, and if that dosnt work they can steal into you while stun to avoid some damage too.Its not just plasma that counters mes, Their in and out of combat playstyle.When I use 3clone disort for long invuln against warrior, well he is close range so he gets to get hit. Thief ports away and just waits it out.Thief almost compleatly ignores conditions. DD has a passive that cleanses and heals on every evade
450hp + 1 cleanse every time they evade only 1s cd.Wonder what class has clones that constantly attack and thus proc it all the time ?Then plasma... and then dagger storm, on MARUDERS thief with DD and acro, daggerstorm can hit for 10k if all hits land unless you have heavy class with prot, DS hits hard, on top of cleaving all clones.I played some ranked with core necro ( first timed ). Thief was a pain in the kitten but nowhere as kitten annoying as to mesmer.Marks are good against them, big HP pool takes them forever to chew throught. kitten like plaguelands can just discourage them for long while.And the worst part is i dont think thief is every gonna be fixed, its not very good tbh, and nerfing it would just be an overkill.Thief kitten on mesmer and I just accepted it now.

speaking of which:today i encouuntered a cheap as kitten condi thief, oh man did that suck, got stunned hit with 6-8 condis in 3 sec from invis And went to a stream was told by streamer condi thief even he waanted condi teef nerfed heh they got a bad rep.

this is nerfed condi thief, back before nerfs I could 1v1 any build while having no fucking idea what im doing, just spamming dodge and shortbow 4 lol

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.Are you srs? Why dont you play mesmer yourself and see if it hard counters xDp.s its not too hard to hard counter the mesmer - whine on the forum, always works :joy:

@Odik.4587 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.
Are you srs? Why dont you play mesmer yourself and see if it
hard counters
xDp.s its not too hard to hard counter the mesmer - whine on the forum, always works :joy:

I'm just saying design-wise it makes sense in my head for some reason. Thieves re tricksters mesmers are tricksters thus it makes sense for mesmers to trick thieves with illusion, or maybe its the fact a thief is a trickster that counters the illusionist version of tricksters?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
I got a question: doesn't it make more sense for mesmers to hard counter thieves? so it would be natural that you should hard counter thieves.
Are you srs? Why dont you play mesmer yourself and see if it
hard counters
xDp.s its not too hard to hard counter the mesmer - whine on the forum, always works :joy:

I'm just saying design-wise it makes sense in my head for some reason. Thieves re tricksters mesmers are tricksters thus it makes sense for mesmers to trick thieves with illusion, or maybe its the fact a thief is a trickster that counters the illusionist version of tricksters?No, its just Ouhnoesnet decided to make thief supreme counter to mesmer and handed to them the most busted stolen skill in the game and then even buffed it, added alacrity/quickness/resistance to hardsmack mesmer even more (power mesmer can altf4 if he got stolen). Added torment removal on their healing skill so they would suffer less from meta condi mirage. Thief kit is perfect for destroying mesmer and it has nothing to do with your fantasies