25 Might Uptime

Poledra Val.1490

I am not sure how everyone else feels about this but there are several classes in pvp right now that can individually gain 25 might stacks in mere seconds and have huge duration on it. This in pvp globally needs to be toned down for the health of the game. I have no issues with 25 might being created for teammates and allies in a team fight but other then that I feel like Anet needs to address this. I am aware that Anet knows about this but it needs to be discussed how and in what manner it should be for a lack of a better word nerfed or fixed.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:yeah there really is too much of everything, but hey we're no longer in a bunker meta anymore! rejoice!

Yeah, now we're in a "Get power one shot or melted with condi instantly" meta. I really enjoy the combat of this game a lot and am a PvP player of games in general. It disappoints me they are so haphazard with the balance...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Ouk.5914" said:Holo/Rev/Mesmer can all get 20-25 might fairly easy imagine with a FB or an Ele Giving them might?

Ya a bit to much of boons going around lately.

I must have been doing it wrong, how does Mesmer get 20-25 Might easy ?

unless i'm mistaken they can generate might with great sword ambush with clones due to infinite horizon. Add a Fb to the mix and you got yourself close to 20-25might easily.

Anything that can generate 10 might added with the meta of "double fb" can get you a stupid amount of quickness and might.

@Ouk.5914 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:Holo/Rev/Mesmer can all get 20-25 might fairly easy imagine with a FB or an Ele Giving them might?

unless i'm mistaken they can generate might with great sword ambush with clones due to infinite horizon. Add a Fb to the mix and you got yourself close to 20-25might easily.

Anything that can generate 10 might added with the meta of "double fb" can get you a stupid amount of quickness and might.

you said Mesmer is EASLY able to get 20-25 might, without FB.Ambush provides 6 might per target for 5s. Thats when you land all 3 ticks of damage.20-25 is unrealistic, 10-15 is and ONLY on GS POWER mirage, other mesmer build struggle even more.Cmirage gets might from staff, and runs around with about 5-10.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:Holo/Rev/Mesmer can all get 20-25 might fairly easy imagine with a FB or an Ele Giving them might?

you said Mesmer is EASLY able to get 20-25 might, without FB.Ambush provides 6 might per target for 5s. Thats when you land all 3 ticks of damage.20-25 is unrealistic, 10-15 is and ONLY on GS POWER mirage, other mesmer build struggle even more.Cmirage gets might from staff, and runs around with about 5-10.

Mirrorblade add 6 stacks (3 for each bounce - and it usually hits the mesmer twice - since they are melee range for that burst). Add sigils or runes and you can get more...

Add mantra of power and you get 12 stacks alone from that...

So imo, that's easily 16-25 based on your math.

Doesn't even count gs ambush can pierce and easily hit more than one person.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

Mirrorblade add 6 stacks (3 for each bounce - and it usually hits the mesmer twice - since they are melee range for that burst). Add sigils or runes and you can get more...

we have different definition of easy then.channeling mantra for 2s+ then getting lucky with mirror blade procs then LANDING gs ambush isnt consider easy in my book.other classes chug a pot or shouldan boom 24 stacks.Power mirage doesnt run mantra of pain.Power mesmer doesnt use same 1shot combo that allows for 2 gs2 bounces, in fact P mirage avoids melee for the most part.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

we have different definition of easy then.channeling mantra for 2s+ then getting lucky with mirror blade procs then LANDING gs ambush isnt consider easy in my book.other classes chug a pot or shouldan boom 24 stacks.Power mirage doesnt run mantra of pain.Power mesmer doesnt use same 1shot combo that allows for 2 gs2 bounces, in fact P mirage avoids melee for the most part.

It's not lucky when you port and mirrorblade at the same time. That's guaranteed. Mantra mesmers do use mantras. Stealth + mantra + mirrorblade = 18 stacks of might.

Power mirage does use ambush skills which you said was 10-15 might. Then they do go in melee range... which again is another 6 stacks of might from mirrorblade. So that's 16-21?

I'm not saying mesmer is running around with 25 might. Just wanted to add that they have more might than just 10-15 because you seemed pretty confident with that and I wanted to show you you were wrong.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

It's not lucky when you port and mirrorblade at the same time. That's guaranteed. Mantra mesmers do use mantras. Stealth + mantra + mirrorblade = 18 stacks of might.

Power mirage does use ambush skills which you said was 10-15 might. Then they do go in melee range... which again is another 6 stacks of might from mirrorblade. So that's 16-21?

I'm not saying mesmer is running around with 25 might. Just wanted to add that they have more might than just 10-15 because you seemed pretty confident with that and I wanted to show you you were wrong.

of course they do. He also misread with what i said. With a FB they CAN easily obtain 20+ might. I seen it done multiple times in At's and Inhouses.

The fact that the meta for NA is double Fb and can easily spit out 10 might alone to Rev's,Mesmers,Holo and Rangers. Without them having to rely on their own might stacks unless they want the full 25 stacks(who wouldn't) to instant kill people.

I know for sure Rev, Mesmer, and Holo can easily get 20+ stack of might in fights with 2 good fb's with them in team fights. This is what kills the game for most players. Mantra Offer way to much regardless of what class it's on and this shouldn't be a thing in the game.

ideal comp would be double fb/double rev and 1 side noder, that sounds like the most cancer possible team comp someone can go into with a monthly team.

@"Outh.5941"

""" Holo/Rev/Mesmer can all get 20-25 might fairly easy imagine with a FB or an Ele Giving them might? """this is what you said, you made it sould like holo,rev and mesmer can get 20-25 might on their own. and that they can get even more while supported.TBH with support every class gets 25might.Whats problematic is having solo might of 20+, warrior and holo can do it easy, dunno about revs myself so wont be saying anything about them.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Outh.5941"

""" Holo/Rev/Mesmer can all get 20-25 might fairly easy imagine with a FB or an Ele Giving them might? """this is what you said, you made it sould like holo,rev and mesmer can get 20-25 might on their own. and that they can get even more while supported.TBH with support every class gets 25might.Whats problematic is having solo might of 20+, warrior and holo can do it easy, dunno about revs myself so wont be saying anything about them.

So you don't play rev? Ok here's the issue with Certain Spec Like Rev having perm 25 stack of might with quickness constantly being applied to them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brutality

Now Add the fact that Symbol Fb can drop a butt-load of weakness and vulnerability With a Rev(imagine 2 rev's).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Targeted_Destruction

This is why any class in general should not be able to get 20+ of anything. It makes for an abuses comp / spec to be majorly powered creep. Can you imagine playing necro right now and trying to fight against double rev's and having your one main source of stab being constantly rip away? Now Imagine getting supported by a FB and getting "stab" but it becomes completely pointless because it's getting ripped away regardless by the 2 rev's. This is why the nerf to scourge was a really really bad move on anet part with how certain Spec like holo, Ranger, Rev, warrior and Fb's can constantly reapply Might and so many other boons it kinda kills the enjoyment of the game.

It's legit a "kill meta" for a good reason.

@Ouk.5914 said:

So you don't play rev? Ok here's the issue with Certain Spec Like Rev having perm 25 stack of might with quickness constantly being applied to them.

The last time I played herald, I found my self stuck with 8-12 mights. It looks like you know rev more then me so, can you please post a vid where you gain those perma 25 might? Asfaik, only renegade can have those perma 25 mights.3 secs of quickness every 10 secs, it 's not what I call constantly being applied...but okay.Nobody uses that trait when there is Assassin's Annihilation...but okay.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

The last time I played herald, I found my self stuck with 8-12 mights. It looks like you know rev more then me so, can you please post a vid where you gain those perma 25 might? Asfaik, only renegade can have those perma 25 mights.3 secs of quickness every 10 secs, it 's not what I call constantly being applied...but okay.Nobody uses that trait when there is Assassin's Annihilation...but okay.

are we going to continue ignoring the fact i keep saying with double Fb? I feel like this is going over a lot of people head acting like getting 10+ might on rev is impossible or hard to do?

From my knowledge the more you keep attacking while in shiro the easier it is to continue obtaining might on rev and this isn't including anyone else Giving you more might.

Might durations on HGH could really see a reduction of might uptime as well. standard is 15 seconds. Then factor in the boon duration increases from leadership/traveler runes + baseline boon duration increase (around 17-19%), and you can get at least about 20+ seconds of 2 might with no ICD, only thing is you have to use elixirs to get the might. But still, tossing elixirs also counts towards this, and 2 might for 20+ seconds is pretty high. This is also not including if you don't run a meta build (like me) and do something like juggernaut for another 20% increase on might duration. I'd tone it down to maybe baseline 7-8s of 2 might.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

Herald gets 25 might by going into shiro and attacking someone :)

@Zexanima.7851 said:There is too much of everything in pvp. To many boons, too many condi, too many damage modifiers, too many cleanses, too many evades, too many block, too much stealth, too many one-shot combos, just too much of everything.

I won't read the rest of the thread, you summed up all problems right here. Amen!Ps.: Keep hp and mechanics as it is and reduce everything to a quarter.

@romano.8170 said:

@Ouk.5914 said:

Herald gets 25 might by going into shiro and attacking someone :)

Can you prove it with a vid, please? Otherwise, I will assume that you're lying.