"Descent into Madness: Fall damage" trait. Anet, are you serious?

Halwin Norry.3629

Hello,

Why the hell did you break that trait? Was the 50% damaged reductionfrom fall so dangerous that it deserved to be nerfed? The new"Method of Madness" trait is just ridculous.

I would like the old trait back, thank you.

Portal nerfed to 30s, "Descent into Madness: Fall damage" traitpurely removed. Why are you so cruel to mesmer?

They said use of mounts removes the need for it anymore, and it took too much room in the trait description. (Seriously, those were the reasons). I just ran Griffonhook. If you do not kill the griffon below the bridge drop you will be defeated. I had 122pts of health left after the fall, and I have 4.5k to start with in that area.

Raise your hand if you ever used Descent into Madness in a build just because it cast chaos storm when you used a heal. I know I never did. But I did use the trait quite a bit in areas (especially HoT zones) when gliding over a group of enemies and dropping into their midst. So even aside from the damage its removal does to jumping puzzle areas, it actually had PvE uses for my gameplay. I try that move now, not only do I end up with 100% more damage than before, I don't get the chaos storm to start off a fight.

Was doing that somehow a problem? I am really waiting for a complete explanation from ANet of this across-the-board removal and why we are better off now that it is gone.

@Tanek.5983 said:Raise your hand if you ever used Descent into Madness in a build just because it cast chaos storm when you used a heal. I know I never did. But I did use the trait quite a bit in areas (especially HoT zones) when gliding over a group of enemies and dropping into their midst. So even aside from the damage its removal does to jumping puzzle areas, it actually had PvE uses for my gameplay. I try that move now, not only do I end up with 100% more damage than before, I don't get the chaos storm to start off a fight.

Was doing that somehow a problem? I am really waiting for a complete explanation from ANet of this across-the-board removal and why we are better off now that it is gone.

I personally have never used the trait because of its fall dmg reduction in any game mode. If anything, it was extremely annoying when the trait triggered the chaos storm every time I accidently got fall damaged. Now it's even buffed, because it interacts with the staff cd reducing trait (even though it was supposed to work like that from the start).

@Kondor.2904 said:

@Tanek.5983 said:Raise your hand if you
ever
used Descent into Madness in a build just because it cast chaos storm when you used a heal. I know I never did. But I
did
use the trait quite a bit in areas (especially HoT zones) when gliding over a group of enemies and dropping into their midst. So even aside from the damage its removal does to jumping puzzle areas, it actually had PvE uses for my gameplay. I try that move now, not only do I end up with 100% more damage than before, I don't get the chaos storm to start off a fight.

I personally have never used the trait because of its fall dmg reduction in any game mode. If anything, it was extremely annoying when the trait triggered the chaos storm every time I accidently got fall damaged. Now it's even buffed, because it interacts with the staff cd reducing trait (even though it was supposed to work like that from the start).

I'll take the occasional accidental trigger for the benefit of stunning enemies I land on and taking less damage to boot.And not sure about the staff cd trait, but if it was meant to work before and didn't, it is a fix rather than a buff. So overall, still a nerf with nothing in return for what I lose.