Condi Mirage post nerf

Rambo.9280

@"Rambo.9280" said:condi mirage is the first build, of the handful I've tried so far, that has "clicked" with me

The reason that its the first build that has "clicked" with you is because it is one of if not the easiest builds to play in the entire game. It has a very low skill ceiling and very little room for improvement. You aren't going to become a better player on condition mirage. You will be way better off in the long term going power and learning how to play, or finding another class entirely.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shao.7236 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Nothing is going to change as long as they allow clones to inflict this much condition damage.

Which is the reason why Mirage is so busted and Winds of Chaos needs a big nerf on the clone side so that gameplay becomes actually engaging rather than just letting people AFK while spamming clones to auto attack players from the other side of the map disengaging everytime.

Clones were never meant to do damage like this and I hope they eventually nerf that damage so Condition Mesmers of all sorts start playing the game.

They also likely will plan to nerf clone generation because that's something else that got buffed hardcore with the phantasm changes introduction, back then phantasms didn't spawn clones, you had to work and put effort into them. I hope they restore that.

I hope we get sustain and busted damage of other classes then :Dwould like to hit those 10k hits wile having 19k hp, and toughtness amuletsor run around with perma 10boons, or have 40s of vigor, cant wait to have those

You can already one shot as a mesmer. Why would you need anything else.

becouse others can 1shot, while being tanky ?becouse to 1shot people I have to go glass cannon and land 7 abilities, while bruiser spb, deals sama damage with 3?so if 1shot gets nerfed, to beat warrior I have to land 5 abilities for his 1?, becouse me landing gs4+gs2+gs3 deals same damage to me as warrior throwing an axe and dodging into me? becouse my hardest hitting powers deal same damage of the lowest damage of others? becouse CC of mesmer deals 0 dmg while others chunks for 6k?

I've already covered Warrior FGJ being a crutch before people even knew about it, but that's about it.

Not that I disagree, but you still have the means to easily counter such builds with all the utility available. Like stealing 20 seconds 25 Might to fight back at them. They got nothing to mitigate damage but evades and you got range, it should be obvious how that match up can end.

Step out of your comfort zone a little instead of wanting direct upgrades, you already know their strong points, work around them.

I know Warrior Axe cleave can deal with to 15k critical, that doesn't mean it's gonna hit you everytime or even reach at all. A Demolisher user is definitely not what I'd call tanky considering they have no utility but few stunbreaks and cleanses, hence why some people straight up zerk or diviners.

Clap Clap, counterplay to warrior having perma 25might is to steal it and hope I can do something before it runs out, Clap Clap.use range = lose node, the little utility warrior has is 3 stun breaks, more hard CC, more boon removal, more sustain, more damage, more HP, more toughtness.The only thing mesmer has on warrior is range and insta ports, we trade that for :

DamageCCSustainMobilityBoonripstun breaksThe ammount of resustain warrior has is just retarded, it got to a point where you have to 80%->0% warrior or he just heals to full while chaining evades, clones outright heal him.Mate i fight warriors on power mes, and its so stupid that you land CC, follow up with burst he just removes cc, land another, he removes, land another he removes.They dont have to dodge shit, as long as they dont get him like 8 times in a row they wont die.

@Shao.7236 said:

Like stealing 20 seconds 25 Might to fight back at them. They got nothing to mitigate damage but evades and you got range, it should be obvious how that match up can end.

Is every class you're facing a necromancer ? Every other class has a lot of means to mitigate damage

Step out of your comfort zone a little instead of wanting direct upgrades, you already know their strong points, work around them.

I agree with that tho, power mirage does not need buffs. But it doesn't need any nerf either, while a lot of other builds in this game do

@Gryxis.6950 said:

Like stealing 20 seconds 25 Might to fight back at them. They got nothing to mitigate damage but evades and you got range, it should be obvious how that match up can end.

Is every class you're facing a necromancer ? Every other class has a lot of means to mitigate damage

What does that have to with it? Warriors today don't even run Balanced Stance or Endure Pain anymore. It's quite easy to CC chain them and get rid of their Might. Once most of their utility is out of the way, it's an easy kill.

I get that Warriors are strong, but they're strong simply because of that Might Makes Right and nothing else, if you can find a way to deal with that Might generation to nullify damage, you're likely to win. This is why not getting tethered is important and core warrior as of currently as been more dominant.

Because FGJ with the new tactic changes have a strong synergy don't get me wrong, but that synergy gets easily destroyed if you have any means to remove it.

I say evades is all they have because you can pretty much CC chain any warriors now, Shake It Off CD is extremely high and it shows when they ran out of it.

@Shao.7236 said:

What does that have to with it? Warriors today don't even run Balanced Stance or Endure Pain anymore. It's quite easy to CC chain them and get rid of their Might. Once most of their utility is out of the way, it's an easy kill.

Well you claimed that other classes have nothing to mitigate damage besides dodges. It's just not the case.

Are people delusinoal? Yes might is the only thing thats wrong with warrior, but there is a point where removing might doesnt even matter. I actually ran mimic+ 2x anul sigil instead of doom + arcane. You know what happened? they had 25might anyways, do you know why? becouse you strip it when they are defensive, but the moment they attack you they get it all back again. Unless you get to remove it WHILE getting cc chained removing it doesnt matter.He pops frenzy, bullscharge, arcing and whoos he went from 0 might to 15+ already, god forbid he had any before he landed it.Skills like GS3, hit 3-4 times generating might for each hit, its also aoe. so in teamfight you can get like 10might from this alone, his dodges generate might too.You strip his might and go on offensive? dodge = might, gs3=might another dodge =might, FC =might. well guess you have to steal it again huh? Oh frenzy? better strip it again mate.

If only there was ability that denied boons OH WAIT https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment SPB HAS IT OF ALL CLASSES,Not mesmer whos design is supposedly med to do that nonono, we have PD one of the shitties boonstrips know to man.Its not for necro to deny boons, its for SPB of all classes.

@Gryxis.6950 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

Well you claimed that other classes have nothing to mitigate damage besides dodges. It's just not the case.

No, just current meta warriors because it was the involved topic.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Are people delusinoal? Yes might is the only thing thats wrong with warrior, but there is a point where removing might doesnt even matter. I actually ran mimic+ 2x anul sigil instead of doom + arcane. You know what happened? they had 25might anyways, do you know why? becouse you strip it when they are defensive, but the moment they attack you they get it all back again. Unless you get to remove it WHILE getting cc chained removing it doesnt matter.He pops frenzy, bullscharge, arcing and whoos he went from 0 might to 15+ already, god forbid he had any before he landed it.Skills like GS3, hit 3-4 times generating might for each hit, its also aoe. so in teamfight you can get like 10might from this alone, his dodges generate might too.You strip his might and go on offensive? dodge = might, gs3=might another dodge =might, FC =might. well guess you have to steal it again huh? Oh frenzy? better strip it again mate.

If only there was ability that denied boons OH WAIT https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment SPB HAS IT OF ALL CLASSES,Not mesmer whos design is supposedly med to do that nonono, we have PD one of the shitties boonstrips know to man.Its not for necro to deny boons, its for SPB of all classes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banish_Enchantment

Besides you get to use that Might for yourself. I don't, which is fair given the unstoppable nature of a true Revenant.

@Jables.4659 said:

@"Rambo.9280" said:condi mirage is the first build, of the handful I've tried so far, that has "clicked" with me

The reason that its the first build that has "clicked" with you is because it is one of if not the easiest builds to play in the entire game.

Quite presumptuous of you there mate. How easy a spec is to play effectively and how fun it is are two different metrics. I suppose if the only thing in a game you care about is winning then maybe they're not, but for myself (and IMO most people) winning without playing a class that you find fun is rather empty. For instance in WoW I mained a hunter for a few seasons, the beast mastery spec of hunter was hands down the easiest spec in the game and was often one of the strongest specs for any given PvP season. Personally though BM was never fun for me, just the theme and playstyle never clicked with me, so I always played marksman or survival (the other two hunter specs) even though I could absolutely have been winning more games with comparatively less effort as BM. Perhaps I am an outlier, maybe most players are meta slaves, but for me playing a class that you find cool in theme and fun to play is more important than win rate to the enjoyment of any game.

The reason I find memser fun has nothing to do with how easy it is, hell as someone with less than 150 games played in total nothing in this game will be "easy" to me in the sense that it is to veterans. Honestly the main thing is I just think the class design/fantasy is cool as fuck, the idea of making copies of yourself and killing your opponents with a team of yourself is just an awesome concept to me. The other build I've found pretty fun was fresh air ele, which from what I've read is one of the hardest specs to play.

I've pretty extensively messed around with power shatter spec too. For me the part about that spec that kinda turned me off was the melee parts of it. I've always enjoyed ranged classes and kiting in every MMO I've played over the last two decades, so to me having to run into melee on a ranged class to do your burst just felt weird.

@Rambo.9280 said:

Quite presumptuous of you there mate. How easy a spec is to play effectively and how fun it is are two different metrics. I suppose if the only thing in a game you care about is winning then maybe they're not, but for myself (and IMO most people) winning without playing a class that you find fun is rather empty.

Perhaps a bit, but I'm also probably not wrong. Winning is fun. If people just played builds that they thought were cool/fun, the Meta in its current state would not exist. There's a reason why 95% of players of any given class are all playing the same few builds, and its not because those builds are inherently more fun than their less competitively viable counterparts.

@Jables.4659 said:

Quite presumptuous of you there mate. How easy a spec is to play effectively and how fun it is are two different metrics. I suppose if the
only
thing in a game you care about is winning then maybe they're not, but for myself (and IMO most people) winning without playing a class that you find fun is rather empty.

Perhaps a bit, but I'm also probably not wrong. Winning is fun. If people just played builds that they thought were cool/fun, the Meta in its current state would not exist. There's a reason why 95% of players of any given class are all playing the same few builds, and its not because those builds are inherently more fun than their less competitively viable counterparts.

There is winning and there is standing no chance, I was playing some chrono again, people can whoop my ass without using any cooldowns, they can straight up ignore and outheal my damage, im slow as a turtle, low mobility, low damage, 0 utility, 0 survivability and the only thing chrono has going for it is sprinkle of unreliable, slow CC.And even tho i enjoy chrono, im not going to play it. Not becouse its slightly weaker, but becouse its UTTER GARBAGE.

Mesmer is more hit or miss then most other classes, depending on builds you can be really strong or half useless, unlike other classes like holo,war,ele where you can have losing or winning 1v1, we have winning or unwinnable.GL playing mesmer when weaver is on a sidenode, roaming thief that shits on you, and FB mid whos retal alone fucks you over.Mesmer is combo oriented, fast paced and thats fun in games. Cmirage brings the most safety to remove the garbage feeling of hopelesness when half competent thief follows you 10min nonstop. Keeps some of the fun and removes most of unfun.To OP, if you like Cmirage try thief, less effort. More impact. If you are countered then you can always roam and ignore your weaknesses. The only thing that really brings me down on thief is other better thief, no more double plasma bullshit or dying to retal.HF