Ventari needs more ANET

feanor.4605

Honestly I’m just asking for boons on ventari tablet especially protection and regen. Ventari isn’t a main healer because there is no boon output like fb. Also I get that glint gives boons but we can’t be force to play glint and renegade every time if we wanna play ventari especially for wvw and pvp. Please look into this I’m hoping for good stuff next balance patch update. Thanks!

We already have a strong passive regen for 10 players on herald, we don’t need regen on , when u swap from herald to ventari allies will maintain the regen.Note: herald regen is one of the strongest since is passive and can reach close to 1.3 (1.266) and don’t need to use ministrel gear.

Ventri has 3 issues:-the orb sistem wich can’t competewith any other option on that traitline.

-elite skill.... ventari needs a beter thing.

• tablet visibility, allies and caster easilly loose tablet on screen, allies don’t notice tablet or sometimes run away from it since they miss tablet location most times.

The 4th one is being resolved today :)

@aimz.6287 we don’t need boons on Ventari, the ones we have are more than enough, maybe at max if they redesigned our elite and give some other boon, no more than that.

I think ventari is bery good as it is now , yes in pvp and wvw having to move the table and change legend to give boons is difficult but it is suposed to be the fun thing about the revenant.Once that is said i agree that each legend seems made too focused in one game mode and it would be good to have traits that actualy helps revenants play each game mode smoothly, ventary and kalla skills for pvp wvw are pretty bad as you usually wont have time to move ventaris tablet and the invocations of kalla can die (pls make them inmortal or reduce the cost in pvp y wvw ) on the other hand ,in pve, renegade is almost all you see ( condi , suport , healer) so a little change to herald in pve (make him give quickness instead of swiftness or making one of his skills a direct dmg skill ) would be good too , talking about shiro jalis and mallynx , well, i think theyre good as theyre , maybe reduce the cost of one or two skills in one playmode or other but there more or less balanced .In my opinion they should focus on all the traitlines and change them all (even if it takes lots of time ) because there are a lot of traits that either dont fit in their trait line or they are completely overwelmed by a trait that does the same but better in the same column or just you dont use them because you cant make sinergy with any of the rest .An pls make a change to weapons, mh sword , shield , hammer, at least this 3 need some changes , shield is pretty much useless with that 5 that doesnt even block a vg blue nor let you move , mh sword needs a little more dmg in aa for pve faster sw3 animation and hammer 3 y 5 (i think those are the jump and the knockback ) need either more dmg or more speed because its energy cost is high for a skill that deals less than hammer 2 and is much slower , to the point that not even if you hit properly you just deal to litle dmg .

Im not a pvp wvw player so i dont know a lot about it.I was talking just about what i think might be dificult with certain legends ,ventary tablet needs to be moved so it might be more dificult playing against players than raid bosses and with all the areas you face in wvw kalla invoc should die fast.If im wrong that means rev is stronger wich is better .And thank for the explanation about walls i might try it next time i go wvw

@zaswer.5246 said:Im not a pvp wvw player so i dont know a lot about it.I was talking just about what i think might be dificult with certain legends ,ventary tablet needs to be moved so it might be more dificult playing against players than raid bosses and with all the areas you face in wvw kalla invoc should die fast.If im wrong that means rev is stronger wich is better .And thank for the explanation about walls i might try it next time i go WvW

It isn’t, jus need 2 things, your team need to know u exist, and u need to use tablet when needs to be used.Always give priority for scrapper to remove and convert conditions.It is not a legend to stack boons trough spam like scrapper/firebrands, u need to know where your allies are, ence why players tend find it difficult, since they can’t be part of the boon overstacking gameplay.

Staff 4 is a 5k aoe heal that removes confies, use it mostly on water fields.

One trick i do once in a while is use the tablet big heal first then move tablet, when tablet reaches ally will instant cast the big heal due the delay

Careful cause ally dodging will make heal fail.

About the walls it funny cause just a few player know this is possible.

Never burn ur elite from ventari unless some one on a wall trying to disable siege.

@Shao.7236 said:If you want Boons, play Herald.

Core Revenant already has strong traits and utility. It doesn't need protection or regeneration in it's core aspect.

We got juicy range buffs on the radius, they make a big difference already.

The only issue with ventari is if ur squad has more than 5 players, the tablet heal will miss/avoid the ally withbless health.

2x tablet for 10 players in same squad target taking all damage wasn’t healed even once while close to tablets, and allies with max health were being affected cause of alicrity boon.

If we can’t choose whom to heal skill needs to heal target with less health.

@Aeolus.3615 said:We already have a strong passive regen for 10 players on herald, we don’t need regen on , when u swap from herald to ventari allies will maintain the regen.Note: herald regen is one of the strongest since is passive and can reach close to 1.3 (1.266) and don’t need to use ministrel gear.

Ventri has 3 issues:-the orb sistem wich can’t competewith any other option on that traitline.

-elite skill.... ventari needs a beter thing.

• tablet visibility, allies and caster easilly loose tablet on screen, allies don’t notice tablet or sometimes run away from it since they miss tablet location most times.

The 4th one is being resolved today :)

@aimz.6287 we don’t need boons on Ventari, the ones we have are more than enough, maybe at max if they redesigned our elite and give some other boon, no more than that.

as OP said, Ventari != Herald.

Would be nice if more people understood this and stop using Herald as a justification for the gimpness of Ventari.Salvation and Ventari is the main healing specialization. It should have the Regen. I shouldnt have to go into an Elite spec for this. I have this same issue when it comes to Demon and Conditions and Herald as well. very badly designed.

Orbs is unique mechanic but its flawed. It need larger radius and need to apply Regen as well as a trade off of the way they function as a risk/reward play style.

Salvation need better traits to make Staff a main weapon for Support and not just a utility weapon. I honestly believe one of the minors in salvation should improve the performance of Staff to be worth the energy cost over Tablet skills which right now are superior.

Would like some traits to get rid of the delays on Staff and Tablet. Dont need them when Energy already prevent spam and cooldowns.

Ventari Will need to be changed into a chain skill, to move the tablet around but with different cooldowns on the chain switching between 3 seconds and 1.5 seconds so its more useful in WvW.Also faster movement speed upgrade like Dwarf RI got.

Would be nice if Anet added a support aspect for Surge of the Mists in some way, such as boon conversion to allies passed through, or a heal or something.

Elite need to heal or do something else along with fragments and the current way it does condition removal. Because that energy cost is major here, especially for core when you have nothing to legend swap to. Would be nice if the fragments had negative effects to enemies that touch it, or added a plant barrier to allies that touch it. Make the risk to this play style more rewarding.

I agree with @Knighthonor.4061, regen should be more reliably accessible to the core class. My preference is to bake it into (or completely replace) either the adept or master major orb trait. Considering all of the healing modifiers that Revenant has access to, regen is a big deal, and to not be able to access it puts in a big dent in its overall healing potential. On core, you are largely reliant on landing your Natural Harmonies for healing, but the burst healing is not always needed. Regen helps supplement this a lot. We should not be forced into Glint for it. If we were able to take Mallyx or Jalis while still having reliable access to regen, it would be a big step forward for WvW build diversity for support Revs. Spirit Boon just doesn't cut it. Reliable and consistent access to the boon existed before they reworked Salvation, I don't see the problem with reimplementing it. Nourishing Roots was an awesome trait, especially with its previous synergy with Shared Empowerment and Elevated Compassion.

@Solnos.8045 said:If ventari gets those boons, then they’ll just be a straight up better version of druid. I mean it kind of already is, but still.

not at all, since druids can give spotter, spritis, glyphs , 25might and an 10 MAN HEALINGwith regen and protection, ventari comes a tiny bit closer to the druids overkill power

My opinion:The elite needs a rework which gives 5k healing to 10man ,when full clerics gear(healpower) while dropping to 0 energythis would be fair

The tablet already has absolutely crazy healing, so it doesn't need to give boons.

What it needs, however, is a stun break. More specifically, a stun break on the Ventari true nature skill (since that's the only one that it could reasonably be applied to since all the utilities focus on the tablet). If they don't want to restrict it to Herald only, then maybe they could make the detonation of the tablet stun break allies? Just another thought.

Regardless, it will never be viable in competitive without a stun break, and it is still the only legend without such a feature.

The thing to understand about Ventari is its a pure healer, it has the highest healing output of any class including Druid, Elementalist, Guardian.

Those classes are designed with mixed roles in mind like giving moderate healing, cleanses, boons and special buffs, while Ventari can do these things for the most part is designed to just output gigantic heals, and a single pulse from the tablet can equal the entire HPS of another class. For example Druid is fairly effective in healing in CA but they're still much better at buffing the party's damage than healing.

This means Ventari is not so good in bad compositions when you have to carry the group, but when it comes to keeping your group alive with raw power, nothing will ever beat a Ventari Revenant skilled into max Healing Power and outgoing healing%

I do agree that it shouldn't be forced into combining with Herald, though..

You can provide 4/10sec Protection uptime btw, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_HeraldBut this is probably not better to take than the 20% Regeneration power from Dwayna runes for Ventari/Herald combination, which Heralds tend to take because Regen is their only heal (mostly) and maxing out Monk runes needs careful management of Facets.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Solnos.8045 said:If ventari gets those boons, then they’ll just be a straight up better version of druid. I mean it kind of already is, but still.

not at all, since druids can give spotter, spritis, glyphs , 25might and an 10 MAN HEALINGwith regen and protection, ventari comes a tiny bit closer to the druids overkill power

Uh renegades already give assassin’s presence, spirits, 25 might while being able to attack, and 10 MAN ALACRITY. But also they have higher damage, much higher healing, definitely better burst healing, access to a lingering projectile block, boon strip, and stability. They also already do have access to regen and protection.

Druids also don’t have glyphs anymore.

@Solnos.8045 said:

Uh renegades already give assassin’s presence, spirits, 25 might while being able to attack, and 10 MAN ALACRITY. But also they have higher damage, much higher healing, definitely better burst healing, access to a lingering projectile block, boon strip, and stability. They also already do have access to regen and protection.

Hmm? Where do Renegades get regen and protection from?

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

Summons give protection when traited, so do evades with Regeneration and Retaliation.

Dwarf Stance can easily keep your group going assuming they work with the Revenant by not popping all their own sustain skills during the time Ventari is not used. Stability and 50% dmg reduction in all forms with the added weakness can make people nearly unstoppable.

@Shao.7236 said:

Summons give protection when traited, so do evades with Regeneration and Retaliation.

Oh snap. Thanks! Build ideas revitalizing.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

You can also take Spirit Boon from invocation for regen and retaliation on legend swap. You may have to forgo assassin’s presence for it, but you get access to easy stun break and extra energy.

Or you can also replace salvation, but you’ll lose out on healing power. This is similar to how druid loses out on their healing, which they are forced to do, if they want to give might.

Overall, the healing role cant really be fulfilled by this class if it comes to raids, due to the lack of 10man heals. Maybe the Heralds "Facet of Nature" in the Ventari stance needs quite a bit more healing, since a herald-healer is in every way completely inferior to the Renegade healer (in terms of healing, boons, damage buff etc...)

A healer is a healer if its able to take the healer role for the whole raid, Not if it comes to support through buffs and boons.An revenant healer isnt a real healer unless it can hit 10man for a decent amount of healing. (FoN-Ventari is complete crap, even with regen helping out)

@"Virdo.1540" said:Overall, the healing role cant really be fulfilled by this class if it comes to raids, due to the lack of 10man heals. Maybe the Heralds "Facet of Nature" in the Ventari stance needs quite a bit more healing, since a herald-healer is in every way completely inferior to the Renegade healer (in terms of healing, boons, damage buff etc...)

A healer is a healer if its able to take the healer role for the whole raid, Not if it comes to support through buffs and boons.An revenant healer isnt a real healer unless it can hit 10man for a decent amount of healing. (FoN-Ventari is complete kitten, even with regen helping out)

FoN-Ventari...kitten...um what? The skill is incredible. It's slightly weaker than regen with traited Elder's Respite. If running full Cleric's/Magi's it would probably tick at 3k (1k/s). That's extremely strong. When you are padding it with regen, that's over 2k/s to 10 allies within a 600 radius. What are you comparing it to? Tempest? Overload Water is not that impressive considering it is a channel and you can't layer it with anything else. Wash the Pain Away (traited) is good, but the most significant tick is 180 radius, so you have to be hugging your allies for it. It can hit regen to 10 allies too, but it is significantly weaker than Rev's due to Ele only having access to a 15% modifier in its traits.

@Mogwai.4015 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:Overall, the healing role cant really be fulfilled by this class if it comes to raids, due to the lack of 10man heals. Maybe the Heralds "Facet of Nature" in the Ventari stance needs quite a bit more healing, since a herald-healer is in every way completely inferior to the Renegade healer (in terms of healing, boons, damage buff etc...)

A healer is a healer if its able to take the healer role for the whole raid, Not if it comes to support through buffs and boons.An revenant healer isnt a real healer unless it can hit 10man for a decent amount of healing. (FoN-Ventari is complete kitten, even with regen helping out)

FoN-Ventari...kitten...um what? The skill is incredible. It's slightly weaker than regen with traited Elder's Respite. If running full Cleric's/Magi's it would probably tick at 3k (1k/s). That's extremely strong. When you are padding it with regen, that's over 2k/s to 10 allies within a 600 radius. What are you comparing it to? Tempest? Overload Water is not that impressive considering it is a channel and you can't layer it with anything else. Wash the Pain Away (traited) is good, but the most significant tick is 180 radius, so you have to be hugging your allies for it. It can hit regen to 10 allies too, but it is significantly weaker than Rev's due to Ele only having access to a 15% modifier in its traits.

its actually not. With 1600 Healing Power and +75% healing through traits ,food etc its coming to an 1945HP tick (so ~650 per second).And regen isnt really a comparable thing since all other healers can give it to everyone too through combos.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:Overall, the healing role cant really be fulfilled by this class if it comes to raids, due to the lack of 10man heals. Maybe the Heralds "Facet of Nature" in the Ventari stance needs quite a bit more healing, since a herald-healer is in every way completely inferior to the Renegade healer (in terms of healing, boons, damage buff etc...)

its actually not. With 1600 Healing Power and +75% healing through traits ,food etc its coming to an 1945HP tick (so ~650 per second).And regen isnt really a comparable thing since all other healers can give it to everyone too through combos.

Regen is absolutely relevant for the discussion because of how potent it is on Rev. You're telling me 10k hps from a single boon isn't relevant? I don't run Arc anymore, but whenever I had, regen outpaced every other heal by a huge margin.

Here are some examples of numbers I hit in full ascended Minstrel's, (almost) fully infused and with full Life stacks.

2wSpG9T.jpgoZOllQO.jpgPretty sure the ~3k tick was when I had the Eternal Oasis buff from FB. The two skills are quite close, 1078/s v. 959/s with my healing power and modifiers. However, FoN-C has the very notable benefit of being unstrippable). Additionally, FoN--like Facet of Light--is a 600 radius pulsing PBAoE; beautifully brainless. Doesn't get better than that. Seriously, the skill has been a godsend to Ventari Rev's viability in WvW. The spec still needs some tweaking, but FoN-C does not. FoN-C ticks every 3 seconds, which is both a good and a bad thing. I would lean more towards it being a negative, but being able to burst heal people with it when swapping to Ventari is really sweet.