[Repost] Ancient Echo and Versed In Stone, they don't work together.

Shao.7236

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 Surprisingly no, at least not from what I know. Apparently it's intentional to make any F2 from Herald unblockable and not evadable. Kinda like Guardian F1.

Given that it would kinda make the utility useless if it was to be any of the latter given it's impact. The only one that's rather annoying is Glint affecting only allies which honestly should not, self boon duration isn't that OP when you look at what it allows.

@Shao.7236 said:@LucianTheAngelic.7054 Surprisingly no, at least not from what I know. Apparently it's intentional to make any F2 from Herald unblockable and not evadable. Kinda like Guardian F1.

Given that it would kinda make the utility useless if it was to be any of the latter given it's impact. The only one that's rather annoying is Glint affecting only allies which honestly should not, self boon duration isn't that OP when you look at what it allows.

Oh I think I misunderstood your initial post then and did a bad job explaining my second post. I thought you meant there was some sort of issue activating Ancient Echo right after Rite. There was a post on here earlier about some sort of weird F2 interaction in Herald where it just wouldn't allow you to activate it for a second after activating certain skills, so thought it was something like that.

Does Ancient Echo increase the timer on Rite or replace it? I don't play core ever so haven't had to play with that interaction at all, but I'd imagine it either works like a Boon or works like non-stackable stealths. If you're wondering if you'd get the 50% x another 50% I doubt that

@Catchyfx.5768 said:my problem with Ancient Echo(jalis) is

if I use Jalis Elite and then F2, they dont stack in duration, so Elite->F2 is bad decision, even if it is logical move.

Normally you want to use the Elite because you have stability or the means of doing it safely.

The both of them not stacking is both good and bad, but leaning towards the good. That's the part where you have to do the math yourself and calculate when it's best to do what which is the bad. If it was stacking, it would be too easy to have up to 10 seconds of RotGD which is way too much, can't be stripped. Unlike Resistance, can be stacked but stripped.

SotM Weakness > Spirit Boon Stability > RotGD = Cooldown EffectiveSotM Weakness > IR Weakness/Stability + Spirit Boon Stability > F2 = Energy Effective

Although I don't get why giving F2 Versed in Stone benefits would be bad? Maybe you read it wrong? We need that F2 to work with that trait so that sustain is even against either damage types it says should. Makes Steadfast Rejuvenation less mandatory because RotGD is good but slow, F2 and Vengeful Hammers are not.