Official capes discussion thread

If I feel nostalgic, then perhaps I'll splurge 10g on a bib.. err, cape. But I'm not putting down any gems towards something which has been neglected for so long, and everyone has asked for (that played the original game)m and Anet said a flat NO to.

If you're gonna give it for free then at least get the proportions right, but don't make us feel like we have to spend the cash to get something that looks decent. Get it right with the proportions for EVERY toon, or get it off the table. :s

I freaked love them. So many cool looks you can make now and cosplays/costumes. Like just now I saw a really good Supergirl cape and all. It was freaken amazing. About time we got them. Thank you to the devs who worked an them. And I kinda hope there will be more cape designs in the future. Sry if some already made a post like this about capes.vi just had to say my thanks and aboot time.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:would be nice if Guild Cape was made available for people not in guilds. I still rep my own guild from Vanilla that was pretty much a solo guild.You could access the NPC in Guild Initiative Headquarters in LA.

need guild commendations for this, which I dont have since I dont play in Guilds. Not sure how Solo guilds get these. I play mostly Open World stuff and WvW.

edit never noticed till now that some grant one on small missions

@Teratus.2859 said:Lets not forget that with capes comes a long requested feature too.

Dyable Backpacks are finally in the game and more will be coming out in future.Your next set of wings maybe dyable.Your next Backpack Glider combo will finally be able to be colour matched.

Who's to say there won't be another set of Legendary backpacks based on capes?

At least put in the request and wait and see.I didn't mind buying both capes, 500 gems aint much and I got a new discounted mount skin from the same 800 gems so hardly money wasted imo

What i'm hoping for going forward is some upgrades to past backpacks.At the very least I'd like to see the Black/White and Batwing Gliders get the wing flapping animation, I rarely use these anymore because of newer wing gliders.And if possible make a small number of past gemstore Backpacks dyable such as Lightbinders Blades and Shining Blade Backpack so they can match with their dyed gliders.

And now I'm thinking of the anniversary rata sum backpack which is blue, would have liked it red or orange.It's a good news dyable bagpack.I kinda like the cape, not that stunning yeah, but looks cool on my human. Through asura, it's like she has a bird tail x) the upper part is hidden by arah light spaulders.

Hello. I know nothing will, or can, be done about this, but it never hurts to ask.

I belong to a guild that I created in the early years before guild halls.

I have all the trappings of a guild, emblem, bank etc.

But I do not have commendations so I cannot get the guild cape.

Is there any way the cape could be added to the Guild Armorer??? Maybe for triple the gold required?

Well, I asked.

Thank you for reading this and not laughing too hardLisa.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:would be nice if Guild Cape was made available for people not in guilds. I still rep my own guild from Vanilla that was pretty much a solo guild.You could access the NPC in Guild Initiative Headquarters in LA.

need guild commendations for this, which I dont have since I dont play in Guilds. Not sure how Solo guilds get these. I play mostly Open World stuff and WvW.

True, some mission can be completed will. Specially the trek (use a guide like dulfy to know where the locations are) can be done solo.

The single bounty is also doable. Specially if you do it on times other guilds are doing it as well. Just have that bounty active and help with the kill.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

if u are in NA watch for open world theres somes big guilds recruiting from time to time, they had a scheduled guild missions, is normally pretty easy, if u are into discord stuff is even more easier. if u had much spare time u can join multiple guilds and then farm these commendations fast...

anyway the gemstore one cost near 200g converting gold to gem. 1~2 weeks of farm u can build that gold, or spend some time in fractals T2 daily(inst much time consuming).

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

if u are in NA watch for open world theres somes big guilds recruiting from time to time, they had a scheduled guild missions, is normally pretty easy, if u are into discord stuff is even more easier. if u had much spare time u can join multiple guilds and then farm these commendations fast...

anyway the gemstore one cost near 200g converting gold to gem. 1~2 weeks of farm u can build that gold, or spend some time in fractals T2 daily(inst much time consuming).

whats the gem store ones?

If you're able to activate guild missions you can do at least some of them alongside other guilds. For example lots of guilds do bounties on Sunday evening, so if you do them then there will be lots of people to help kill the target. They'll be representing other guilds of course, but they still do damage and as long as you do enough damage to get credit your guild will complete the mission too. It's the same with races, if someone else is doing one you can join in and as long as you complete it and 15 people complete it in total your guild will get credit as if you did it yourselves. And of course treks can be done by one person anyway.

Alternatively you could see if there's a guild who would be willing to let you join just for guild missions so you can get commendations. There's lots of guilds who still do missions regularly but I've heard they're often disappointed about the numbers who turn up, so it wouldn't surprise me if a guild is willing to let you join in. Of course you won't get favour that way, but you would still get commendations for the cape and other items.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

whats the gem store ones?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well since you have 5 guild slots why not join a bigger guild and do guild missions with them?Yep. Because whatever guild you rep the emblem will change to reflect that guild.

So what buy it with the big guilds commendations then go back to rep your personal guild it will be your emblem then right?

Yes. The emblem will show whatever guild you are currently repping.

@kharmin.7683 said:Those of us with very small guilds will continually have this problem because of the changes made to the guild system a while back that pretty much penalizes small guilds.

If you haven't tried running (at least some) guild missions, I would really recommend it, even if your guild is very small. The power creep has made many of them very doable. Even treks with a lot of points to find are much easier with the implementation of mounts.