Couple of Bugs on Revenant and Build Templates

Since build templates I'm experiencing lots of bugs with revenant utility skills.

First of all my utility skills get swapped to a "default" arrangement instead of staying in the order I set them. It happens with every legend currently.This may be trivial, but the other bug is way stranger.If I activate Glint facets and swap to another herald build that has glint on a different slot, facets consume energy even if I'm on Jalis or Shiro.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still having this problem!!It's very annoying when you forget to double check it. It keeps swaping my #7 and #9 utility skills. I'd say that the biggest problem is, it's swaping other legends that are not currently selected. For example, if I'm playing Kalla+Shiro as Renegade and I change build for Glint+Shiro as Herald, it will swap the skills in Dwarf Jalis even though it was not selected in any build. So, whenever I decide to change and play with Dwarf Jalis, the utility skills will be in wrong position even if it's been 2 hours since I last changed my build. I have to go through every legend checking skills' position everytime I change my build to make sure.

It's an awful experience when I forget it. I end up using the wrong skills in the wrong time, which is already something bad, but also my team mates think I'm using this as an excuse to be a bad player.

• 2 weeks later...

its changing the arrangment even if just simply switching legends at all, switching the elite spec (even if not choosing the legend before&afterwards) , simply when going underwater,on mount or siege in wvw/pvp.

but ye, maybe its happening on the build template-changes now too

....its happening since the rev got out

Still bugged:Hammer 2: Coalescence of Ruin sometimes doesn't hit in the direction you face, or just misses left or right of the target you have selected. In some cases the effect disappears below the floor and does no damage.Sword 3: Unrelenting Assault. In WvW it targets medipacs at Sentrys or the supplies at supply huts and you don't hit the target you chose.

Can confirm the issues with the switching facets. That bug killed me at least three times today.

I thought I was only having issues when I switched templates, but I will be in the fractal lobby on Shiro, making sure that the skills are in my preferred order. Then after we load into a fractal they've reset again. So damn infuriating. I'm almost at the stage where I'm using the default skill positions out of sheer unadulterated frustration even though it lowers my performance.

"My condi clear/boonstrip isn't popping? Is it my ping.....? Oh no, nvm it's just the kitten skills resetting AGAIN."

This bug is so annoying! Scenario: In WvW, you have a brief moment of no combat. You swap templates "real quick". You check your legendary stance. All good. Bam! In combat again. Press your mouse button for "roads" and ... what the heck! Where are my roa ... oh! I got chains instead. You look at your skill bar and yep ... big sigh the utilites are not where my I had saved them on my template. You spend the rest of the fight getting finger tied cuz you are hitting the wrong buttons. Rinse and repeat.

My other favorite is with Glint. The facets don't show when you activate them. In order to get them to show, you have to swap the 3 facets around in your slots. Perhaps this is Anet's nerf to Revenants :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

EDIT: Reading the bug reports of others, I now realize this is not an issue with empty skill slots, but just with changing legends via build-templates. As soon as you do it, things get messy.

~~So, there seems to have been a partial fix to this issue, but that fix only works, if all your skill slots are occupied. If you leave some skill slots empty (because you don't have enough skills on that legend yet), all skill orders will be messed up again after changing build templates.

This is quite a bummer for me right now, because I wanted to have the assassin for its speed-buff as a simple "travel-form", but I don't intend to use it for fighting, so I don't want to level it up any further right now. I am level 27 right now and ended up getting that third assassin-skill to make this work for now, but I expect the issue to return once I hit level 31 and the elite skill is unlocked.~~

I also found this rant on reddit about the issue:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dozq31/revenant_utilities_are_currently_trashed_with/

• 1 year later...