Unable to get Ice-Bound achievement to trigger

@"Icyfer.1647" said:I have the same problem too,I thought it was a bug because this is what I did:I used teleport to a friend just to enter the map, got a few mastery points, used them on the first few mastery tracks(Raven Attunement)then I started the episode for the first time, didn't get "Ice-Bound" when I pick up the scepter.

edit: I tried this on a few more of my characters, same result.

Same thing happened to me and I think it could have something to do with the bug. I always do the new story with friends, but two of them can't start until an hour after reset usually. I'm home earlier, so I port to another friend who has already done story and is on the new map. It's never caused trouble before, but there's a first time for everything... I'm the only one in my group to NOT get the achievement, so my guess is porting to the map prior to doing the story is one issue.

@"Icyfer.1647" said:I have the same problem too,I thought it was a bug because this is what I did:I used teleport to a friend just to enter the map, got a few mastery points, used them on the first few mastery tracks(Raven Attunement)then I started the episode for the first time, didn't get "Ice-Bound" when I pick up the scepter.

Arenat, please read this!This seems to be the issue that triggered the bug. I had a problem with starting the story because there where no NPCs to interact with at the Black Citadel.Therefore I used a teleport to friend to enter the new map and began levelling the masteries.I hope we will have a solution to this, soon. Anet, please let me not lose ALL hope in you!

@Lindoniel.1726 said:

Arenat, please read this!This seems to be the issue that triggered the bug. I had a problem with starting the story because there where no NPCs to interact with at the Black Citadel.Therefore I used a teleport to friend to enter the new map and began levelling the masteries.I hope we will have a solution to this, soon. Anet, please let me not lose ALL hope in you!

I just have the same problem by the same reason, i used teleport to a friend and then got a few masteryes and used them for mastery tracks. Then i did the story and didnt get Ice-Bound achiv and mastery.

I did not get the Ice-Bound achievement even though I have finished the story. I started it in a party with another person, and they got the achievement as soon as we finished the first part. They were the person who started the story. I am now up to "The Invitation". There is a green story "use this device" active on the Raven, but I have the normal purple "Replay" options showing as well. I can't interact with the Raven as the "Replay" options are taking priority. I am unable to use the statute at all, even when I "Close" the "Replay" dialog box.

I have taken a screenshot so you can see the problem: https://imgur.com/qQDPy8y

That one easy mastery point eludes me. :(

I managed to activate the green story star by standing on the rock next to it, and did the rest of the story. Because I had already done it, I got the completed shield and crossed swords for the end, with no items (as per normal). And it's still not crediting me with that achievement. And when I try to replay it, it asks me if I'm sure because I'll lose some progress. :(

I've opened a support ticket, as you suggested. I am interested if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Yes, there's a thread(s) about the achievement.

Here's a walkthrough:

After some introductory dialogue, enter the northern building with Braham. The door will lock behind you. To escape, wait for the door into General's Quarters to open and pick up the Ancient Scepter on the table; this will complete the Ice-Bound achievement (see below), granting you an Icebrood Saga mastery point. Use it to unlock the Raven Bond mastery, then interact with the Raven Totem to unlock the exit.

It always says you will lose progress, if you've not completed every chapter first.

@"Hesione.9412" said:Bump: any bugfix coming for this one? No response from support and no replies from Anet in this thread.

I got an answer from the support that states that "they are still working on solving the problem and that a patch would be coming soon." That was on December, 1.There have been 2 patches since then and I am beginning to lose hope… :o

@"Lindoniel.1726" said:I got an answer from the support that states that "they are still working on solving the problem and that a patch would be coming soon." That was on December, 1.There have been 2 patches since then and I am beginning to lose hope… :o

Same, I'm also waiting on the broken Domain of Istan bounty, along with a bunch of other people. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...