Poison instead reveal? ._. ::::| General Engi's problems |::::

ZolracAtrox.2908

Please, Balancing Team.You recently started to apply some community's opinions, but I also think that it is necessary that you do not only read the titles of the posts, you also should read the answers to them; as well as use your own logic (For example, if you apply all of those "holosmith nerfs options" in most of the posts, you going to make a useless core engi with beautiul animations)

Literally there were like two post saying that "Poison is better than stealth reveal", and most of replies were "No, it's not".I think those people who said things like that are casual PvErs(because hardcore players don't even use Scrapper xD) or some casual WvW Roamers (Because hardcore Roaming players don't even use Scrapper xD) or maybe some casual PvP players (Because hardcore players don't even use Scrapper xD)So, why the update note says "The community said that they prefer Posion area instead of reveal".

One of the interesting WvW Zerg Scrapper's mechanics was that he is his own counter in one of his support skills; putting the reveal in a useless zerg skill is like remove it.If you going to remove it in the Scrapper, at least add a similar skill in another zerg meta class.

In my opinion, you're doing a horrible work with the engineer class in general. Necromancer and Engineer are a DISASTER in this game, and you are making it worse with each "balancing patch"

1-Scrapper - Dead class that only works in 1 Game Mode, and it isn't even so good if you compare it with the support firebrand (Only the Stealth holds it in meta)2-Holosmith - Probly your biggest disaster, useless class in WvW and PvE (Sadly it was good, but for some reason that nobody knows, they decided to kill him, and no, Holosmith isn't a option in serious raids/fractals groups with options like DH, Darevil, Chronomancer) and broken in PvP.3-Core - Useless in all game modes (Yeah, condi engi is useless; hard rotation without rewards; with options like Mirage, renegade and Firebrand)

I don't know why, but I think that you're killing this class because the engineer is the least popular class (For example, when Scrapper was strong in PvP, there were a lot of people crying about it; and you nerf it instantly and almost killed it. But when classes like Warrior and mirage were broken, you nerfed it like 5 months later, but they at least still as a meta option).

With the necromancer, I really don't know, because this is a popular class; I think your problem here is your inability to think or see how to work with him)

What most people where angry about was loosing a toolbelt skill completely (reveal on F5) and having it replaced with the shittiest of class abilities that barely worked in practice.

I guess Anet interpreted that as "they want poison field back" and ignored the function gyro complaints because in their eyes it was fine.

Purity of purpose will haunt the engineer until the game shuts down.

Yeah. The "BuT mY C0ndi SCwappEr~~~~ :''''(" posts about losing the poison field... those kittens got the reveal removed from purge gyro. Just don't kitten use condi on scrapper. It's OK for a spec to not do both. Huge nerf to purge gyro because of some players who don't know any better.

However, highly disagree with the comments about scrapper being bad and useless. Holosmith is the one that's useless (personal preference I guess) Can't comment about SPvP as I've abandoned that mode years ago but it's amazing in WvW. I'm sure the minstrel heal zerg varient is fine in zergs, especially now with sigil stacks on weapon swap but other than that, this is how you make a right proper scrapper build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw+YOMP2JmSXateA-zVxYBhAjyKIEwQBEjCSKxzQEgDhUwZ0pCoXJgGPEkIBMTCHQNAJ3BrhCnRA-w

The reworked barrier trait we have is amazing and being slept on. Scrapper does incredibly well when built offensively like the trait was intended to do (don't go full glass) The amount of numbers from heals and barriers and siphons I get on that build are nuts. No one even uses hydromancy sigil on scrapper, for example, but it does damage, chills and grants barrier.

Aint no holo doing this:https://imgur.com/a/iv4On9C

Holo does more damage but the utility on scrapper is much better.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Yeah. The "BuT mY C0ndi SCwappEr~~~~ :''''(" posts about losing the poison field... those kittens got the reveal removed from purge gyro. Just don't kitten use condi on scrapper. It's OK for a spec to not do both. Huge nerf to purge gyro because of some players who don't know any better.Show me the condi scrapper that used poison field for damage.

Oh wait you cant because the barrier change had already erased the condi scrapper.

@Fueki.4753 said:Why not simply have both Reveal and Poison Instead of just one?That was actually my initial reaction to the F5 removal back when they changed it. If they really had to move it to the purge gyro... they could have just done a combo of the two skills - a poison field that also pulses reveal. Less range than old detection pulse but longer duration and punishes zergs running straight into it. Most would probably have been happy enough with that.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Why not simply have both Reveal and Poison Instead of just one?That was actually my initial reaction to the F5 removal back when they changed it. If they really
had to
move it to the purge gyro... they could have just done a combo of the two skills - a poison field that also pulses reveal. Less range than old detection pulse but longer duration and punishes zergs running straight into it. Most would probably have been happy enough with that.

Agreed. I was wondering why they didn't do this as well. At least it would make some sense.