Warrior lack of sufficient self healing

One Kiss Away.9180

@otto.5684 said:If this is solo PvE use mending.

More healing? Might makes right.

If you cannot make it work, the problem at this point is not warrior.

I think lazy mode in PvE is Healing Signet, Forceful Greatsword, Might Makes Right, and Adrenal Health, X/Shield in one slot with shield traited. Generally regarded as unkillable in PvE unless you are playing the wrong class or botched a dodge.

I think the even lazier mode in PvE includes Phalanx Strength and Mender's Might now though since the Tactics rework.

Might makes right almost requires a dedicated build to get decent/good heal. Randomly picking this trait might lead to low healing. Pick it and make sure you can generate lots of might (traits, SB, runes, sigils, food, and high critical).Though, going this way, you will get good healing but you will cap might too fast, wasting some potential.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Might makes right almost requires a dedicated build to get decent/good heal. Randomly picking this trait might lead to low healing. Pick it and make sure you can generate lots of might (traits, SB, runes, sigils, food, and high critical).Though, going this way, you will get good healing but you will cap might too fast, wasting some potential.

The might still heals you and gives you endurance, who cares if you hit might cap.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

Outside of berserker (which I would not recommend for solo PvE anyway), you will play either str/discipline/tactics or str/discipline/SB. Both max out on might. You get might from attacks. You get might from weapon swap. You get might from tether. You get might from utilities.

Also, even with 25 stacks gaining might still heals you and restores endurance.

I personally run str/discipline/tactics in open world, with for great justice and elite signet, mending as heal. I rarely have any sustainability issues and I do not even run the heal on shouts or might makes right. And man, SB with might makes right should be close to immortal in PvE.

• 3 weeks later...

Lack of self healing? Seriously? Warrior has plenty of self healing, as well as damage mitigation:

Strength Line: Restorative Strength, Might Makes RightDefense Line: Dogged March, Adrenal HealthTactics Line: Vigorous Shouts (shout heals and buff to healing power)

Then there are utilities:Healing SignetShouts,Dolyak SignetDefiant Stance (active heal through damage absorption)Mending(can be traited to heal every 12 seconds)

Then there is warhorn, which gives barrier!

@Sobx.1758 said:Hey. Go play guardian? :DYou're pretty much complaining about the fact that you need to hit stuff as a warrior. That's what warrior does, it slaps things and that's perfectly ok imo. (yes, I know war's sustain isn't limited to that and so do you)

I have a Guardian and he does rather well, habdles everything thrown his way. I have read these post and my warrior is doing better. I run beserker with 'For great Justice' 'To the Limit' as a heal, Wild Blow and outrage... elite is Signet of rage. I like thr build, Might Makes Right has improved it alot. TYMy problem is that once he starts losing health he loses it fast, nut I have learned to get away, run around till Yo the Limit comes back up and the shouts.

@One Kiss Away.9180 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Hey. Go play guardian? :DYou're pretty much complaining about the fact that you need to hit stuff as a warrior. That's what warrior does, it slaps things and that's perfectly ok imo. (yes, I know war's sustain isn't limited to that and so do you)

I have a Guardian and he does rather well, habdles everything thrown his way. I have read these post and my warrior is doing better. I run beserker with 'For great Justice' 'To the Limit' as a heal, Wild Blow and outrage... elite is Signet of rage. I like thr build, Might Makes Right has improved it alot. TYMy problem is that once he starts losing health he loses it fast, nut I have learned to get away, run around till Yo the Limit comes back up and the shouts.

If that is your problem then either drop their health quicker or drop wild blow for bulls charge or EP.

@One Kiss Away.9180 said:Yes my main Characters are Warrior and Guardian. Guardian has plent of self heals and condition removal, but lower overall ealth then a Warrior. The Warryuo has more overall gealth but very few ways to heal. It has Shake it off as a trait, a trait that heals you for a littke when you apply might but not mucj more in healing. I mainly play ny myself unless Sally is around and the Necro and Mesmer does hekp in healing, but alone you really have to watch your health.

I regularly receive top healing in PvP. My problem is that high healing numbers aren't enough to turn the tide of a match in my favor. Warrior DPS and condition cleansing needs to be addressed, as the out-of-control power and condy DPS meta means that condition removal is imperative. But warrior has never enjoyed the kind of payoffs that other professions enjoy. For example, Guardians can spec for DPS and healing off Aegis, granting them both offensive and defensive abilities in one action. Warrior utilities and actions typically don't do this, or don't do this well. Hence, either the direction of balancing needs to change, starting with the culling of multi-faceted skills and actions, or warrior versatility needs a breath of fresh air.

@Stephen.6312 said:

@One Kiss Away.9180 said:Yes my main Characters are Warrior and Guardian. Guardian has plent of self heals and condition removal, but lower overall ealth then a Warrior. The Warryuo has more overall gealth but very few ways to heal. It has Shake it off as a trait, a trait that heals you for a littke when you apply might but not mucj more in healing. I mainly play ny myself unless Sally is around and the Necro and Mesmer does hekp in healing, but alone you really have to watch your health.

I regularly receive top healing in PvP. My problem is that high healing numbers aren't enough to turn the tide of a match in my favor. Warrior DPS and condition cleansing needs to be addressed, as the out-of-control power and condy DPS meta means that condition removal is imperative. But warrior has never enjoyed the kind of payoffs that other professions enjoy. For example, Guardians can spec for DPS and healing off Aegis, granting them both offensive and defensive abilities in one action. Warrior utilities and actions typically don't do this, or don't do this well. Hence, either the direction of balancing needs to change, starting with the culling of multi-faceted skills and actions, or warrior versatility needs a breath of fresh air.

What about might makes right tho?It provides healing and more dodges as you get might, which increases your dmg output. Tactics has a similiar trait with healing on every outgoing mightstack yourself and allies.

Sun and moon style gives you healing based on dmg dealt (offhand dagger is kinda crap, but still falls into that category, right?)

Warrior has no burst healing, but they have an insane amount of Heal over Time.

But no healing in the world can save yu if yur eating big bursts of condi or damage here and there, while having access to a Warrior's kit which provides plenty of tools to mitigate damage or outright evade them.

This is unfortunately, a learn2play issue and the only fix is to get better and practice more.

In my opinion healing skills for warrior are ok and they CD(cooldown) are kinda low, I use mending or signet both work pretty well due warrior high vitality. It all depends on the build you use, only berserker is what we can say a ''little squish''.

Of course if you jump in like crazy in the middle of 300 mobs there is no heal skill that will save you xD.

Healing signet and might makes right are the only two forms of heal you should ever need. Specially if you are running mage bane tether on spellbreaker. If you are having trouble surviving I would suggest running Defense/Strength/Spellbreaker. You will have healing from; Might makes right, healing signet, adrenal health, sun and moon style. You can even trait for a shield and passive stances with defense trait line. With a build like this you should really never die. Your damage wont be the best but your survivability will be top tier.