I need to do the 'Forgotten Thicket' raid...is there a group that can help me with that?

GW Noob.6038

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@Shikaru.7618 said:You can either buy a raid carry from the raid sellers in lfg or join the raid academy discord if you want to take a stab at learning the bosses yourself.

How much do these raiding groups charge?

Typically 100G per boss and possibly less with discounts if you pay for the entire wing. There are apparently some groups that charge excessively more (200G+) so just avoid those groups.

Also keep in mind that if going for legendary armor, you need to complete the collections for it and you will need 150 legendary insights for the full set.

Edit: I looked over what had been quoted and that 100G was based off the discounted rate for a full wing clear. Expect to pay a little bit more.

Back in June, I got the following rates from two guilds:

Wing 1 - 400GWing 2 - 300GWing 3 - 400GWing 4 - 400GWing 5 - 600G / 600GWing 6 - 600G / 600GWing 7 - 2500G / 2000G

The second guild lumped wings 1-4 together for 1,200G.

It's been six months so expect prices to be the same and to vary from guild to guild. This just gives you an idea on what to expect.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Shikaru.7618 said:You can either buy a raid carry from the raid sellers in lfg or join the raid academy discord if you want to take a stab at learning the bosses yourself.

Typically 100G per boss and possibly less with discounts if you pay for the entire wing. There are apparently some groups that charge excessively more (200G+) so just avoid those groups.

Also keep in mind that if going for legendary armor, you need to complete the collections for it and you will need 150 legendary insights for the full set.

Hmmm...Forbidden Thickets has 3 wings, separated into 17 areas; assuming that each area has it's own boss, that would be 1,700 per run for a total of 3,400 gold...for a single piece of armor! I hardly ever get to use the word 'preposterous', but it's appropriate in this instance...it would be utterly preposterous to pay 20,400 gold for what are, in reality, some of the ugliest armor sets in video game history!! :D

@GW Noob.6038 said:

Hmmm...Forbidden Thickets has 3 wings, separated into 17 areas; assuming that each area has it's own boss, that would be 1,700 per run for a total of 3,400 gold...for a single piece of armor! I hardly ever get to use the word 'preposterous', but it's appropriate in this instance...it would be utterly preposterous to pay 20,400 gold for what are, in reality, some of the ugliest armor sets in video game history!! :D

It’s more like 9 encounters with an additional two events (spirit run and twisted castle). You can only get 11 LI from wings 1-3 per week. It’s not going to be cheap if you go that route. You’re essentially paying for the time of up to nine other players which includes it being enough to be worth it for them to do.

You can go the WvW route which will probably take you 15+ hours each week for 21 weeks or through sPvP which will require you completing the entire league reward track for three seasons plus repeating the final chest an additional 24 times.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It’s more like 9 encounters with an additional two events (spirit run and twisted castle). You can only get 11 LI from wings 1-3 per week. It’s not going to be cheap if you go that route. You’re essentially paying for the time of up to nine other players which includes it being enough to be worth it for them to do.

You can go the WvW route which will probably take you 15+ hours each week for 21 weeks or through sPvP which will require you completing the entire league reward track for three seasons plus repeating the final chest an additional 24 times.

I only want the shoulder pieces for the light Armor - they would match my 'Mind of Koda' head gear nicely. Thanks for reminding me about the WvW tracks...aside from the gift of battle, I always forget about that option for other items!

@GW Noob.6038 said:

I only want the shoulder pieces for the light Armor - they would match my 'Mind of Koda' head gear nicely. Thanks for reminding me about the WvW tracks...aside from the gift of battle, I always forget about that option for other items!

You dont get the same shoulder from wvw and spvp those are diffrent skins.

@Linken.6345 said:

You dont get the same shoulder from wvw and spvp those are diffrent skins.

Good to know...I'll pass that info along to anyone else who might want to get those armor pieces. As for me, I no longer want them...I found another set that look great, and were fairly easy to get.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Hey atleast legendary armor piece is easy to get, you are lucky that you are not after hard boss specific armor/weapons.You need only one kill of that boss for that, and then just farm magnetites.

You can farm as many magnetic shards as you want and you are still not able to get any gaeting crystals to buy dhuum weapons for example.For some1 who doesn't raid its not the most easy task to get gaeting crystals.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Hey atleast legendary armor piece is easy to get, you are lucky that you are not after hard boss specific armor/weapons.You need only one kill of that boss for that, and then just farm magnetites.

You can farm as many magnetic shards as you want and you are still not able to get any gaeting crystals to buy dhuum weapons for example.For some1 who doesn't raid its not the most easy task to get gaeting crystals.I know someone who did just that by only spamming river every week, up to cap.Yes, it takes a
lot
of time, but it isn't exactly hard, is it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You can farm as many magnetic shards as you want and you are still not able to get any gaeting crystals to buy dhuum weapons for example.For some1 who doesn't raid its not the most easy task to get gaeting crystals.I know someone who did just that by only spamming river every week.

Yeah that works as long as you have an opener for river which is not very common as every1 who kills desmina does river too.Its doable for sure, i mean you can also just fail enough at desmina to gather those crystals but thats not really easy either as finding a group for any pof raids can be a bit challenging for a person who has 0 LI.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:And to think, if they had instead invested that time in learning the raids...

This would be the best choise. But if some1 really has money and energy to first buy a dhuum kill and then pay for river opener (which is hard to find) 60 times, sure.?

True. I’m not even sure if Eris makes an opener for that either (for those on NA).