Strike mission opinions, boneskinner (and the previous bosses)

@borgs.6103 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:That can work too although Arenanet seems allergic to challenge modes recently

I found it weird that Arenanet had put in some at all.They seemed to be allergic to difficulty options since days 1.

Nah. Orr maps were hard. Granted people in the early days of the game have at best rare gears.HoT maps and metas were pretty challenging at release too.

But then again, they nerfed the maps' difficulty after a few months so there could be some truth to that.

Orr maps still had only 1 difficulty.Just like HoT maps, PoF maps and raids only have one difficulty, no options between harder or easier versions.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Fueki.4753" said:Orr maps still had only 1 difficulty.Just like HoT maps, PoF maps and raids only have one difficulty, no options between harder or easier versions.

That's because they split the difficulty by content type, this type of content is easy, that type of content is hard. On release we had multiple difficulty tiers, including the average open world, the event chains in Orr, the story dungeons and the explorable dungeons. Having multiple difficulty options for all content doesn't make much sense either as it would mean multiple balance passes and would make rewards very difficult to balance. Strike Missions are unique because it's the only instanced group content you can enter with any build you have, or choose to create a squad before entering. This means a Strike Mission can be really hard for a random unorganized group, while at the same time a complete joke for an experienced group, meaning such a Strike Mission appeals to nobody. Furthermore they are singular, rather short, fights and their rewards are mostly pitiful so there is little to "balance", making Strike Missions an excellent candidate for multiple difficulties.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Furthermore they are singular, rather short, fights and their rewards are mostly pitiful so there is little to "balance", making Strike Missions an excellent candidate for multiple difficulties.

I think the biggest hurdle is Anet bothering to implement different difficulties, rather than making the different the types of content easier or harder.We already have/had two versions of the Boneskinner though, so all Arenanet would have to implement is a choice between them.

@"Fueki.4753" said:We already have/had two versions of the Boneskinner though, so all Arenanet would have to implement is a choice between them.

The "old" Boneskinner was bugged and wasn't actually using any skills. Sure they could go to all bosses and remove their skills to make them giant loot pinatas and call it "difficulty" choice, but would that make good content?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:We already have/had two versions of the Boneskinner though, so all Arenanet would have to implement is a choice between them.

The "old" Boneskinner was bugged and wasn't actually using any skills. Sure they could go to all bosses and remove their skills to make them giant loot pinatas and call it "difficulty" choice, but would that make good content?

For some people it might be enjoyable.But then again, this harder Boneskinner only is enjoyable for some people as well.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Id probably bother doing the fight again if that was the case, i just dont enjoy the type of player that seems to be attracted to the hard content in this game. I can do it just fine, including raids, but honestly rude people drive me away, like it did in PVP and WVW. I work with a bunch of Toxic people IRL and i dont enjoy being exposed to it 24hrs a day.