Rampage changes.

Psycoprophet.8107

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:To be fair it does feel cheesy that thief doesnt get revealed after a missed backstab attempt.Seeing a single evade note on the screen feels so good, but thieves are still in stealth and get a second chance for it...Even when blocked. Youd think that hammering a dagger into a shield would reveal you instantly lol

This problem could be solved if the use of
any
skill during stealth removed stealth, not only successful attacks.

Kind of makes sense that using a skill would break stealth.

Not sure about that, making contact against aegis would make sense without a doubt, but not sure about waving in the air considering gw2's mechanics. :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:To be fair it does feel cheesy that thief doesnt get revealed after a missed backstab attempt.Seeing a single evade note on the screen feels so good, but thieves are still in stealth and get a second chance for it...Even when blocked. Youd think that hammering a dagger into a shield would reveal you instantly lol

any

Not sure about that, making contact against aegis would make sense without a doubt, but not sure about waving in the air considering gw2's mechanics. :D

lol.

Its more about taking the action itself would break the effect rather than the connection failed or not breaking the effect. While GW2 is not other games or game systems in other games and systems that is how it works when you are invisible or in stealth and take a hostile action.

@"RedShark.9548" said:To be fair it does feel cheesy that thief doesnt get revealed after a missed backstab attempt.Seeing a single evade note on the screen feels so good, but thieves are still in stealth and get a second chance for it...Even when blocked. Youd think that hammering a dagger into a shield would reveal you instantly lol

any

lol.

"lol"? What do you mean? :DIt would make sense on aegis, because it actually connects, I'm not sure how it would make sense just on a swing in the air.

Its more about taking the action itself would break the effect rather than the connection failed or not breaking the effect. While GW2 is not other games or game systems in other games and systems that is how it works when you are invisible or in stealth and take a hostile action.

Exactly, it's not other games, which is why I literally wrote "considering gw2's mechanics".

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:To be fair it does feel cheesy that thief doesnt get revealed after a missed backstab attempt.Seeing a single evade note on the screen feels so good, but thieves are still in stealth and get a second chance for it...Even when blocked. Youd think that hammering a dagger into a shield would reveal you instantly lol

any

lol.

"lol"? What do you mean? :DAs in Lol at waving in the air and missing.

It would make sense on aegis, because it actually connects, I'm not sure how it would make sense just on a swing in the air.

Exactly, it's not other games, which is why I literally wrote "considering gw2's mechanics".

Well, we get to the question then that should thing like stealth break even upon failure?

any

lol.

"lol"? What do you mean? :DAs in Lol at waving in the air and missing.

It would make sense on aegis, because it actually connects, I'm not sure how it would make sense just on a swing in the air.

Well, we get to the question then that should thing like stealth break even upon failure?

IMO not that unreasonable to break upon failure (which includes missing because it gets evaded), but not reasonable to break solely upon skill use.Solid Rampage thread though. :p

• Confused 1

Staying on topic, Rampage is now all about using autos and the dash in order to deal as much damage as possible. Kick and boulder is mostly irrelevant now, unless you want to interrupt a stomper. Fortunately, the massive damage reduction, stability, and increased health allow them to still “rampage.”

It’s far from being terrible, but it does take time getting used to the fact that almost half of the moves are ineffective.

@Ourasa.7306 said:Staying on topic, Rampage is now all about using autos and the dash in order to deal as much damage as possible. Kick and boulder is mostly irrelevant now, unless you want to interrupt a stomper. Fortunately, the massive damage reduction, stability, and increased health allow them to still “rampage.”

It’s far from being terrible, but it does take time getting used to the fact that almost half of the moves are ineffective.

Whenever the 'Big' update happens I hope that they tweak the various traits that affect CCs to allow them to do stuff other than the damage they are taking away.

I would not be against a trait that let Warrior's strip extra stacks of Stability for instance.

Perhaps Body Blow would be justified in having more bleed stacks once they remove all the power damage from the hard CCs.

@Ourasa.7306 said:Staying on topic, Rampage is now all about using autos and the dash in order to deal as much damage as possible. Kick and boulder is mostly irrelevant now, unless you want to interrupt a stomper. Fortunately, the massive damage reduction, stability, and increased health allow them to still “rampage.”

Whenever the 'Big' update happens I hope that they tweak the various traits that affect CCs to allow them to do stuff other than the damage they are taking away.

I would not be against a trait that let Warrior's strip extra stacks of Stability for instance.

Perhaps Body Blow would be justified in having more bleed stacks once they remove all the power damage from the hard CCs.

If they remove the dmg from Backbreaker its the most laughable skill ever.

Seriously, a 3 second singletarget knockdown with 1second casttime, 25seconds cooldown an 130 range?Lel.Most stunbreaks have less cd.No amount of bleeeeeeeed (on a trait) would justify such a bad weaponskill

@RedShark.9548 said:

Seriously, a 3 second singletarget knockdown with 1second casttime, 25seconds cooldown an 130 range?Lel.Most stunbreaks have less cd.No amount of bleeeeeeeed (on a trait) would justify such a bad weaponskill

Well, you're kind of hitting the point here. If they completely remove power damage from these skills and traits that hard CC without replacing that damage with something then what good are they?

BB is a hard CC that needs another hard CC to even hit with, so without the damage why use it ever?

Also I'm fairly certain there is an amount of bleed that would make Body Blow OP on a hard CC build, just don't ask me what.

Well, you're kind of hitting the point here. If they completely remove power damage from these skills and traits that hard CC without replacing that damage with
something
then what good are they?

BB is a hard CC that needs another hard CC to even hit with, so without the damage why use it ever?

Also I'm fairly certain there is an amount of bleed that would make Body Blow OP on a hard CC build, just don't ask me what.

Yea, 20 bleed stacks per cc, but then you have the balance issue, that hammer would only be viable with that specific trait and turn it into a condi weapon, when its definately a power weapon.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Well, you're kind of hitting the point here. If they completely remove power damage from these skills and traits that hard CC without replacing that damage with
something
then what good are they?

Yea, 20 bleed stacks per cc, but then you have the balance issue, that hammer would only be viable with that specific trait and turn it into a condi weapon, when its definately a power weapon.

A power weapon now, until they remove half of its damage in whatever this big update will be.

something
then what good are they?

A power weapon now, until they remove half of its damage in whatever this big update will be.

Hammer should clearly be a power weapon, it makes no thematical sense to turn it into a conditiin weapon, that would just be f kitten. And if any dev does it, then im going to go to his fricking house and...

gratulate him personally to such a genius, never ever thought of before idea, that totally makes absolutely so much sense on a 2 handed blunt weapon thats meant to bash in armor and bones.

@RedShark.9548 said:

something
then what good are they?

Hammer should clearly be a power weapon, it makes no thematical sense to turn it into a conditiin weapon, that would just be f kitten. And if any dev does it, then im going to go to his fricking house and...

gratulate him personally to such a genius, never ever thought of before idea, that totally makes absolutely so much sense on a 2 handed blunt weapon thats meant to bash in armor and bones.

:lol: That made my day.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:surprise surprise, hammer and mace used to be condi weapon untill they removed confusion from merciless hammer in 2018

mace/sword lb carrion was the build.

Suprise suprise nobody played a condi hammer specc, it was played as power weapon and nobody took that trait.

surprise surprise, carrion hambow was played in duels.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:surprise surprise, hammer and mace used to be condi weapon untill they removed confusion from merciless hammer in 2018

Suprise suprise nobody played a condi hammer specc, it was played as power weapon and nobody took that trait.

Of the hambow builds I can find I'm not seeing carrion, or merciless hammer.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Hambowhttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Mercenary_Hambow

Here's also a Vaanss build, with a link to the build in the video description.

They also didn't add confusion to merciless hammer until the August 8, 2017 update long after hambow.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciless_Hammer/history

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

They also didn't add confusion to merciless hammer until the August 8, 2017 update long after hambow.

im only using the name merciless hammer because the build existed before merciless hammer and it was distracting strike which was later merged with merciless hammer.i seriously can't understand how you can't find anything tbh, lol. i only did one search and it's there.

the difference is just people ran lb in pvp instead of the sword/shield in video because you didn't need the mobility.

the builds are super old, like https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/32v4zy/perplexity_warrior_build/the link to the build that is connected to the old forum is actually lost.

and i did farther research and herehttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Macebowhttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Carrion_CC

@Lighter.5631 said:

They also didn't add confusion to merciless hammer until the August 8, 2017 update long after hambow.

im only using the name merciless hammer because the build existed before merciless hammer and it was distracting strike which was later merged with merciless hammer.
i seriously can't understand how you can't find anything tbh, lol. i only did one search and it's there.
the difference is just people ran lb in pvp instead of the sword/shield in video because you didn't need the mobility.

the builds are super old, like
the link to the build that is connected to the old forum is actually lost.

and i did farther research and here

Without the hammer or the longbow it's not hambow it's a condition warrior build, and that appears to be one of the cheesy perplexity rune builds people used to run.

Might be time for you to find an internet time machine, not very many things that end up on the internet ever end up actually lost:https://web.archive.org/web/20170917024057/https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior/WvW-Roaming-Build-Condition-Interrupt

@Lighter.5631 said:

Not in wvw lol.I only remember hambow being played as power specc in pvp, that was also longer than 2 years ago.

Also, that trait didnt exist (the confusion part) when the game was released, so even yeeears before hambow (i dont think even there nobody played the trait tbh) was a thing, hammer was a power weapon.

And distracting strike wasnt used by the hambow build i remember.

At this point I'd take it back along with some more bleed stacks on Body Blow if they nerf CC power scaling completely.

i take any core condi build back...