PVP is horrible

VoidNard.7206

PVP game mode is objectively bad. The people who defend the quality of this game mode are those who enjoy playing the most broken builds. Theres no point in playing structured pvp other than to farm the legendary armor. After im done that, im never touching that disgusting game mode again. Imagine being a new player and trying pvp for the first time. Part of the reason pvp is getting less popular is because the game mode sucks. The game was made around WvW and pvp but the devs are creating a different game. Before you say anything, yeah im bad at pvp, and that is not a valid point. Just because i suck at a game mode doesnt mean its not objectively bad.

• Like 2

@VoidNard.7206 said:PVP game mode is objectively bad. The people who defend the quality of this game mode are those who enjoy playing the most broken builds. Theres no point in playing structured pvp other than to farm the legendary armor. After im done that, im never touching that disgusting game mode again. Imagine being a new player and trying pvp for the first time. Part of the reason pvp is getting less popular is because the game mode sucks. The game was made around WvW and pvp but the devs are creating a different game. Before you say anything, yeah im bad at pvp, and that is not a valid point. Just because i suck at a game mode doesnt mean its not objectively bad.

PvP in this game can be fun but you have to not take it seriously, even ranked. It also helps to have others to PvP with. No, it's not balanced. The PvP system is crap. WvW is just about as bad. The combat is fun though and professions/builds are interesting. I think I'm with you though, after I've farmed my back piece I'm out.

@VoidNard.7206 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Come to WvW. Way more chill.

Is it really? I want to play this game for the pvp, which it was intended for, but structured pvp is poorly balanced and the devs arent doing anything about it.

If you play zerg vs zerg its pretty ok.

The only annoying part of WvW are ranger with 1 billion range and mesmer 100 - 0 you in 0,1 seconds from stealth

Ohh and dont look for any kind of rewards. That will only end in suffering.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

chill? I left spawn without mout, just to have bennyhill chase by entire zerg, when I finally diched them. turned out 2 permastealth deadeyes followed me for 5min just to kill me.Chill indeed.

Yeah there is nothing chill about that gamemode unless you are one of those shiters who server stack to zerg servers with lessor numbers down and camp them all day. Again nah I'll pass.

Server Population has a easy solution to it. But ANet would have to demonetize WvW. Which I don't see happening. And since allowing players to server stack every link puts some extra coin into ANet's pockets. I personally don't see than ever fixing that problem. Making WvW boring and not fun for many of us.

@Speedylord.2798 said:

@VoidNard.7206 said: The game was made around WvW and pvp but the devs are creating a different game.I'm quite sure the game's focus from the beginning on was PvE/Open World/Story.Anyways, although I don't play PvP or WvW on a regular basis, I agree with your statement that these modes deserve some love from the developers:)!

Open world? yes. Story? absolutely. PVE? lol, not even close. maybe you werent there when the game came out, but it was all open world and the end game was WvW.

@VoidNard.7206 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Take a break. There are other games to play.

Thats not the point though. This game has so much potential and the devs ruin it. There is 0 leadership at this company and they have no clue what to do with the game

Exactly, that has always been the case and nothing will change. Pvp and wvw has been heading downhill for many years. If you arent currently happy with the game, there is no point sticking around because there wont be any substantial improvements.

@VoidNard.7206 said:PVP game mode is objectively bad. The people who defend the quality of this game mode are those who enjoy playing the most broken builds. Theres no point in playing structured pvp other than to farm the legendary armor. After im done that, im never touching that disgusting game mode again. Imagine being a new player and trying pvp for the first time. Part of the reason pvp is getting less popular is because the game mode sucks. The game was made around WvW and pvp but the devs are creating a different game. Before you say anything, yeah im bad at pvp, and that is not a valid point. Just because i suck at a game mode doesnt mean its not objectively bad.

A developer that has experience in pvp has been assigned to help attempt to get things balanced. The game has been in a state of relative imbalance pvp wise since its inception, however. The game was based around open world, and it is only recently (within the past two months, I think) that the pvp balance team gained a measure of influence in skill balance for the game mode.

Keep in mind that, also, you tend to get out what you put in. If you vent by sending toxic whispers to people in game when you down, you're probably going to get some of that toxicity back.

Tl'dr; Yeah, a bunch of us still like it and want to see it succeed, though. Also consider not rage whispering, you'll feel much better.

• Like 1

@VoidNard.7206 said:

@VoidNard.7206 said: The game was made around WvW and pvp but the devs are creating a different game.I'm quite sure the game's focus from the beginning on was PvE/Open World/Story.Anyways, although I don't play PvP or WvW on a regular basis, I agree with your statement that these modes deserve some love from the developers:)!

Open world? yes. Story? absolutely. PVE? lol, not even close. maybe you werent there when the game came out, but it was all open world and the end game was WvW.

Pvp was at the beginning just skin farming and it was wonderful (because it worked too)

@VoidNard.7206 said:

Is it really? I want to play this game for the pvp, which it was intended for, but structured pvp is poorly balanced and the devs arent doing anything about it.

Join a WvW guild if PvP is too horrible...pick a WvW guild on your server that meets your interest and times played....example I like to havok so 2-10 man guild runs....I like to Zerg so 10++....I like to play 7pm-10pm est...go from that...pvx to wvw focused guilds. Look in the guild recruiting section.

Back story I went into WvW in 2012 on a uplevel warrior when my pvx guild of the time asked me come come....it was ruff but its now 2019 and am still in WvW tho alot less because of mounts...another story for another day.

Since you say your not good in pvp your better off finding above before WvWing...am just an average player even after all these yrs and the above 2 choices more fun then trying to solo join nowadays.

Cheers

Yeah ur definitely better off going to a different game if u want pvp u can take seriously. Gw2 pvp is fun to mess around in but ull just get frustrated if u try and take it seriously. The pvp is seriously garbage level at this point as it's literally just hard cc spam with insta dead burst even when ur not built glass, a condi spam clown fiesta filled with a bunch of pretty bad players thinking their good being carried by the one of many unbelievable cheese builds. The fact the builds exist as they do shows u how good the balance devs are, fact they have jobs still is insane,sry to say but it's true. With that said if u go into it realizing its garbage if taken seriously than u can definitely find some fun in it :) and ignore the toxic players as the fact their taking this garbage pile serious is the reason their toxic as this game breeds toxic players like the plague due to it's insane balance issues.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

PvP in this game
can
be fun but you have to not take it seriously, even ranked. It also helps to have others to PvP with. No, it's not balanced. The PvP system is kitten. WvW is just about as bad. The combat is fun though and professions/builds are interesting. I think I'm with you though, after I've farmed my back piece I'm out.

This.

Don't take it seriously in the slightest. Just try to have fun with it -- be goofy, try weird stuff.

Oh, and turn off chat.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Yeah ur definitely better off going to a different game if u want pvp u can take seriously. Gw2 pvp is fun to mess around in but ull just get frustrated if u try and take it seriously. The pvp is seriously garbage level at this point as it's literally just hard cc spam with insta dead burst even when ur not built glass, a condi spam clown fiesta filled with a bunch of pretty bad players thinking their good being carried by the one of many unbelievable cheese builds. The fact the builds exist as they do shows u how good the balance devs are, fact they have jobs still is insane,sry to say but it's true. With that said if u go into it realizing its garbage if taken seriously than u can definitely find some fun in it :) and ignore the toxic players as the fact their taking this garbage pile serious is the reason their toxic as this game breeds toxic players like the plague due to it's insane balance issues.

+1

I am very impressed! That was very well put together and very well said PsychoProphet.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Theres no point in playing structured pvp other than to farm the legendary armor. After im done that, im never touching that disgusting game mode again"I'm only gonna play 10,000 games and then I am done because I hate it so much"

That's pretty much everyone in pvp atm and on the forums. We all threaten quitting, but in the end we are in love with how this game's combat feels.

Amazon's New World. Sandbox MMO is nearing release in the next few upcoming months. The point of it is, the focus in giving players a good healthy competitive experience.

I am on board with any game which encourages and promotes good healthy experience with non-Toxic gaming environment.

Kudos to Amazon including others for thinking of players experiences matters first and hope to never forget about learning lessons from it

(having a good combat system will never be enough without detoxifying Toxic designs first)