Balanced?

Crozame.4098

@Axl.8924 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.

I got a question is there any high damage skill in rampage? and if so which?

The auto attack and I think the charge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Sorry, all I see is a grossly overpowered elite getting toned down to reasonable levels, and compared to other class overpowered elite nerfs in the past, warrior got off lightly.

Really? Berzeker never came back after the nerf. And this dmg nerf is 1/1000 of the original dmg. PLease name some similar nerfs.

The skills main use was its cc, the damage was only grossly on top. The cc is still in place.

ok, so you also want to remove the cc? Whats your point? There are plenty of skills which have shorter CD, that CC and do dmg.....

Please name ANY other skill in this game, at any point in time, which did the amount of damage rampage did OR did any significant damage AND had the amount of cc Rampage has? Rampage is not 1 cc, it's multiple.

First of all, you cannot name any similar nerfs.

There was no elite as overpowered as rampage as far as damage output AND cc. There was more powerful damage skills or cc skills before they got nerfed, but none combined the cc and damage the way rampage did. Feel free to name any skill which comes close.

@Crozame.4098 said:Second, you also misunderstand my point, which was not about the nerf, but was about the intensity of the nerf. I said, the current nerf is too much: 1/1000 of the original dmg. And my point is: 1/4 should be enough.

and my point is: the cc it brings makes it strong enough even if it did 0 damage. You might disagree that being able to completely lock-down an opponent (with splash cc on others) is not sufficient without damage, I doubt most non warrior biased players would share that opinion.

@Crozame.4098 said:Third, about your point: Rev sword 4 & 5 pre nerf, and the staff 5 pre nerf? Holo pre-nerf? Reaper? Scourge, the amount of tourmant pre nerf. Mirage, the amount of confusion pre-nerf. Thief, spammable condi that gives you 10+ poison in no time, or the spammable PW that stuns and also do a lot of dmg. Also, note that, rampage has a 96 second cool down (traited), while the things I mentioned was utilities or weapon skills.

You are talking damage skills. I said: I'd be fine with more damage on Rampage if it lost its cc or some of it. Most of those skills you are talking about are either damage skills or in no way even close to the amount of cc Rampage (still) provides. ALL of them were also nerfed by now or are gimmick builds (like PW which actually requires an entire weapon set commitment).

The fact that Rampage has a 96 second cool-down is insignificant if it allows for 15 seconds of domination. The skill would have actually been better balanced with less cc and lower cool-down. Again, 1 rampage use equals 2 knock-backs, one 2 second stun and one 2 second area knock-down. There is and never was anything comparable in this game from either a weapon skill, utility or elite skill as far as cc goes. Logic dictates, that with this amount of cc the skill is already over-stacked in purpose.

There was no elite as overpowered as rampage as far as damage output AND cc. There was more powerful damage skills or cc skills before they got nerfed, but none combined the cc and damage the way rampage did. Feel free to name any skill which comes close.This is not a valid argument. Elite is simply a skill, and if the skill is OP, it should be addressed. I am wondering how much dmg does the staff 5 of rev does.

and my point is: the cc it brings makes it strong enough even if it did 0 damage. You might disagree that being able to completely lock-down an opponent (with splash cc on others) is not sufficient without damage, I doubt most non warrior biased players would share that opinion.When I duel wars, I even have time to check whether they have annulment so that I use FC or simply dodge.

You are talking damage skills. I said: I'd be fine with more damage on Rampage if it lost its cc or some of it. Most of those skills you are talking about are either damage skills or in no way even close to the amount of cc Rampage (still) provides. ALL of them were also nerfed by now or are gimmick builds (like PW which actually requires an entire weapon set commitment).I am talking about OP skills in general. I mean, you guys are really interesting. Keep bring up unrelated arguments. OK, REV sword 4, 5 are nerfed, yes, but by how much? The mirage nerf on clone generation is only 1/2, and note that they have a much shorter CD. And when talking about other similar stuff, you related to gimmick builds. Whats wrong of having an entire weapons set commitment? If its strong its strong. Strength wars also take the entire weapon set for...... whats the point...

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.

I got a question is there any high damage skill in rampage? and if so which?

The auto attack and I think the charge

Try the rampage auto, its soo slow without quickness.

Also check the charge, its not a port.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:"Oh no, I have to use my brain while in rampage now"

Really curious how much brain you use in sPvP.

So you want to deny my message? :)

Nah. I am not sure about silver or gold. But when I was playing, I can get punished by brainlessly pop rampage and use all the skills without thought. But I am still curious.

@Crozame.4098 said:

Nah. I am not sure about silver or gold. But when I was playing, I can get punished by brainlessly pop rampage and use all the skills without thought. But I am still curious.

Weren't you crying about the rampage nerf? It's still the strongest offensive elite in this game. (P3 DH btw)

@Tharan.9085 said:

Weren't you crying about the rampage nerf? It's still the strongest offensive elite in this game. (P3 DH btw)

I am not crying, I simply said:1) Rampage should be nerfed. And reducing the dmg on CC skills is a good idea.2) But imo it is a bit too far. It does at most 40 dmg.As a DH, I dont see any issues fighting wars. But w/e. P4 War btw

Also, but its not the strongest offensive skill in general.

@Crozame.4098 said:

Sorry, all I see is a grossly overpowered elite getting toned down to reasonable levels, and compared to other class overpowered elite nerfs in the past, warrior got off lightly.

Really? Berzeker never came back after the nerf. And this dmg nerf is 1/1000 of the original dmg. PLease name some similar nerfs.

The skills main use was its cc, the damage was only grossly on top. The cc is still in place.

ok, so you also want to remove the cc? Whats your point? There are plenty of skills which have shorter CD, that CC and do dmg.....

Please name ANY other skill in this game, at any point in time, which did the amount of damage rampage did OR did any significant damage AND had the amount of cc Rampage has? Rampage is not 1 cc, it's multiple.

First of all, you cannot name any similar nerfs.

There was no elite as overpowered as rampage as far as damage output AND cc. There was more powerful damage skills or cc skills before they got nerfed, but none combined the cc and damage the way rampage did. Feel free to name any skill which comes close.

@Crozame.4098 said:Second, you also misunderstand my point, which was not about the nerf, but was about the intensity of the nerf. I said, the current nerf is too much: 1/1000 of the original dmg. And my point is: 1/4 should be enough.

and my point is: the cc it brings makes it strong enough even if it did 0 damage. You might disagree that being able to completely lock-down an opponent (with splash cc on others) is not sufficient without damage, I doubt most non warrior biased players would share that opinion.

@Crozame.4098 said:Third, about your point: Rev sword 4 & 5 pre nerf, and the staff 5 pre nerf? Holo pre-nerf? Reaper? Scourge, the amount of tourmant pre nerf. Mirage, the amount of confusion pre-nerf. Thief, spammable condi that gives you 10+ poison in no time, or the spammable PW that stuns and also do a lot of dmg. Also, note that, rampage has a 96 second cool down (traited), while the things I mentioned was utilities or weapon skills.

You are talking damage skills. I said: I'd be fine with more damage on Rampage if it lost its cc or some of it. Most of those skills you are talking about are either damage skills or in no way even close to the amount of cc Rampage (still) provides. ALL of them were also nerfed by now or are gimmick builds (like PW which actually requires an entire weapon set commitment).

The fact that Rampage has a 96 second cool-down is insignificant if it allows for 15 seconds of domination. The skill would have actually been better balanced with less cc and lower cool-down. Again, 1 rampage use equals 2 knock-backs, one 2 second stun and one 2 second area knock-down. There is and never was anything comparable in this game from either a weapon skill, utility or elite skill as far as cc goes. Logic dictates, that with this amount of cc the skill is already over-stacked in purpose.

There was no elite as overpowered as rampage as far as damage output AND cc. There was more powerful damage skills or cc skills before they got nerfed, but none combined the cc and damage the way rampage did. Feel free to name any skill which comes close.This is not a valid argument. Elite is simply a skill, and if the skill is OP, it should be addressed. I am wondering how much dmg does the staff 5 of rev does.

The staff 5 of rev is a one time use medium damage chain knock-back which requires you to use staff, which in turn locks 5 weapon skills . The fact you even bring this up to compare to a single slot skill which outperforms is funny to me. You are correct, it should not matter if it's an elite skill or not. In this case committing to 5 skills for a way worse weapon skill is not favoring a rebalance of rampage.

and my point is: the cc it brings makes it strong enough even if it did 0 damage. You might disagree that being able to completely lock-down an opponent (with splash cc on others) is not sufficient without damage, I doubt most non warrior biased players would share that opinion.When I duel wars, I even have time to check whether they have annulment so that I use FC or simply dodge.

Your point? The fact that you can manage a 4 cc chain elite with a class which has innate stunbreaks galore? How is this in any way an argument FOR rampage needing to get buffed? If at all it's another reason as to why rampage should get hit even harder given the class it is on. You do realize most classes besides warrior have to invest heavily into stunbreaks or stability skills, if at all available?

@Crozame.4098 said:

You are talking damage skills. I said: I'd be fine with more damage on Rampage if it lost its cc or some of it. Most of those skills you are talking about are either damage skills or in no way even close to the amount of cc Rampage (still) provides. ALL of them were also nerfed by now or are gimmick builds (like PW which actually requires an entire weapon set commitment).I am talking about OP skills in general. I mean, you guys are really interesting. Keep bring up unrelated arguments. OK, REV sword 4, 5 are nerfed, yes, but by how much? The mirage nerf on clone generation is only 1/2, and note that they have a much shorter CD. And when talking about other similar stuff, you related to gimmick builds. Whats wrong of having an entire weapons set commitment? If its strong its strong. Strength wars also take the entire weapon set for...... whats the point...

and I'm talking about CROWD CONTROL skills. Skills can be unbalanced for whatever reasons. You want damage ON TOP of the main utility of rampage. As such, it would make sense to first compare how well the skill performs in its primary function before even assuming it needs more fluff. As is, rampage is still viable, still full-fills its role AND is one of the best spvp elite skills to take among all classes. That's right after it getting nerfed...

I dont think the cc's should ever be doing 8-12k in a form where its hard to sto or avoid the warrior especially in cases where you have to soak or blow utility to deal with it or just die.

That said i think they should do some level of damage but the best solution would have been to lower the scaling a bit and remove the power for cc attacks to land critical hits. That would have kept them doing some modest damage but not anything crazy. That said warrior in general has too much damage right now like many other professions and that probably was a big factor into rampage as well.

The best thing they can start doing for warrior before reverting the ramapage changes by any means is cull some of the might from all these sources they have.Dodge on someone = get mightLand hits = get mightmagebane = get mightfor great ju..."instantly healing and endurance" = get might

Might synergy is way too over the top in regards to increased damage and sustain around that damage.There are a plethora of warrior skills that do so much damage if they hit that can make most players burn dodges or defensive utility and pressing rampage after those = Free kill

How people didnt see that is beyond me.

Basically these days if it one shots or is cheesy expect it to get nerfed pvp is officially reached that state oh well :C

The staff 5 of rev is a one time use medium damage chain knock-back which requires you to use staff, which in turn locks 5 weapon skills . The fact you even bring this up to compare to a single slot skill which outperforms is funny to me. You are correct, it should not matter if it's an elite skill or not. In this case committing to 5 skills for a way worse weapon skill is not favoring a rebalance of rampage.

Rampage is an elite skill that locks my elite skill slot, and a trait to reduce its CD. Your logic is very funny but w/e. People can hold their own Opinions.

About crowd control skills: I think REV shyro elite also does quite a bit of dmg. and Holo 5 also does a quite a lot of dmg. Ah, the DH trap Elite, crowd control and ton of dmg. So, whats your point? And they all have shorter CD?

Your point?My point is that they are not ports or fact projectiles and is not possible to avoid. Thats all. And, I hold my shield stance for that. Rev has staff block, tons of dodges on Sheyro; Holo has elixir; Mirage and blind away; thiefs can spam 3 or elite, and the elite's cd is much shorter in expected terms because of reset by steal. Symbolband can block blind, renewal; necro can currupt the stab turn it into fear (and by the way, they SHOULD loose to wars in 1v1s, because of different roles.)

Tbh I think it's fine. It's still best in slot for the variety of ways that you can use it. Hard cleave for downs (need to dodge corrupts when they are present,) skillshotting a big cast/heal skill at mid with boulder, dash and stomp for kiting ect. There are still lots of mechanical ways outside of the missing damage that you can try to outplay fights with the skills. I don't miss the damage that much.

@Zagerus.8675 said:Tbh I think it's fine. It's still best in slot for the variety of ways that you can use it. Hard cleave for downs (need to dodge corrupts when they are present,) skillshotting a big cast/heal skill at mid with boulder, dash and stomp for kiting ect. There are still lots of mechanical ways outside of the missing damage that you can try to outplay fights with the skills. I don't miss the damage that much.

What other choices war have? Usually boulder it get blocked by FBs.Again, as I said, nerfing the dmg is fine by me. But nerfing it to nearly 0 dmg is too much.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@"Zagerus.8675" said:Tbh I think it's fine. It's still best in slot for the variety of ways that you can use it. Hard cleave for downs (need to dodge corrupts when they are present,) skillshotting a big cast/heal skill at mid with boulder, dash and stomp for kiting ect. There are still lots of mechanical ways outside of the missing damage that you can try to outplay fights with the skills. I don't miss the damage that much.

What other choices war have? Usually boulder it get blocked by FBs.Again, as I said, nerfing the dmg is fine by me. But nerfing it to nearly 0 dmg is too much.

Well as long as other hard CC skills get looked at I think there's a certain character to having these skills hit 20-30 lol AHEM Jade Winds I don't disagree that the nerfs sting but hey what can we do? Can only accept and adapt really. I'm not sure that the damage will ever be coming back in PvP.

@Zagerus.8675 said:

@Zagerus.8675 said:Tbh I think it's fine. It's still best in slot for the variety of ways that you can use it. Hard cleave for downs (need to dodge corrupts when they are present,) skillshotting a big cast/heal skill at mid with boulder, dash and stomp for kiting ect. There are still lots of mechanical ways outside of the missing damage that you can try to outplay fights with the skills. I don't miss the damage that much.

Well as long as other hard CC skills get looked at I think there's a certain character to having these skills hit 20-30 lol AHEM
I don't disagree that the nerfs sting but hey what can we do? Can only accept and adapt really. I'm not sure that the damage will ever be coming back in PvP.

You are right. but remain silent is a weakly dominated strategy.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.Who could have thought, braindead warriors want their braindead OP elite back :joy:

Did I say I want it back? Cutting it to 1/4 of dmg means want it back? Ah, you are a mirage main. Seems plausible now.Except, I dont play this, nice try with "mirage main", clearly doesnt make you look even more stupid /s

Oh come on Odik. Its not like I never seen you in 1v1 arena and ranked and unranked games using mirage or mesmer in general.I bet you couldnt see me the last... emm... when the last time I played? Or you seen me? :joy:

Yes, you might not log on for a while, but you used to play mirage. I mean please. And look at the tones in the threads related to core mesmer oneshot builds. You are just double standard as hell mate.Silver level plebs that need 3 seconds to find a breakstun or cant differ NPC from a player in 2020? (I could agree only that stealth extension traits shouldnt ever existed, MoP too.). Game never had so many bad players as now, thus, tons of complains about mesmer/clones.How its related to braindead rampage anyway?
inserts spiderman pointing meme

I can say similar things about rampage, i.e., only silver plebs trigger every FC or cannot dodge\line of sight rampage skills. The relatedness about double standardness mate.Nop, thats a logical fallacy and has nothing to do with a rampage,F for you

@Crozame.4098 said:

I've try it and..... 1 still does 4-6 k damages, you still have many cc in 1 button, still have damages reduction and stab.

Many classes will kill to have the half of the actual rampage........

Are you sure? I would trade stealth and chrono burst for that, I would trade the 3333 spam pw and its elite for that, I would trade the passive game style of mirage, I would also trade for the millions of conditions and heal from symbolband, and I would also trade for the burst dmg, the port, the dodges, and the 3 second quickness and remove stab every 9 seconds.

Power chrono, it's a combination of actions (like when war chain cc + hits), i don't understand what you mean with the "Passive" game style of mirage ?? semi ok with you for the symbol firebrand but it's a tradoff between classes and No heavy classe had stealth by the way

Otherwise, maybe you have to play those classes and stop playing with War if you want what they have.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

I've try it and..... 1 still does 4-6 k damages, you still have many cc in 1 button, still have damages reduction and stab.

Are you sure? I would trade stealth and chrono burst for that, I would trade the 3333 spam pw and its elite for that, I would trade the passive game style of mirage, I would also trade for the millions of conditions and heal from symbolband, and I would also trade for the burst dmg, the port, the dodges, and the 3 second quickness and remove stab every 9 seconds.

Power chrono, it's a combination of actions (like when war chain cc + hits), i don't understand what you mean with the "Passive" game style of mirage ?? semi ok with you for the symbol firebrand but it's a tradoff between classes and No heavy classe had stealth by the way

Otherwise, maybe you have to play those classes and stop playing with War if you want what they have.

Lmao, what is not to understand about the passive mirage gameplay? Mirage meta is basically summon clones and AA ppl to death

TO be very honest, I actually played Mirage and Symbolband.The first time I played Mirage, I can win a very good weaver player. Its so simple, spam clones, and when the opponents are close, staff 2 or port away. And after 30 mins, I can beat a lot of wars.

I also tried symbolband. One main issue is the skill that grants 3 charges of blind, weakness and other conditions. Combines with other condition output, its just a nightmare for any melee class. And also, it takes about 70 games of symbolband to win a MAT (someone said that on forum, not me.).

Its really hard to understand how people reason on gaming forums.. Maybe should play less games mate.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:While Rampage deserves a proper nerf, but isnt three of five skills now can only do less than 50 dmg a bit too much?Make the dmg to 1/3 or even 1/4 should be enough, but instead you make it 1/100.... Hard to understand the logic. Now the rampage cannot win the 1v1 the Gazelle.Who could have thought, braindead warriors want their braindead OP elite back :joy:

Did I say I want it back? Cutting it to 1/4 of dmg means want it back? Ah, you are a mirage main. Seems plausible now.Except, I dont play this, nice try with "mirage main", clearly doesnt make you look even more stupid /s

Oh come on Odik. Its not like I never seen you in 1v1 arena and ranked and unranked games using mirage or mesmer in general.I bet you couldnt see me the last... emm... when the last time I played? Or you seen me? :joy:

Yes, you might not log on for a while, but you used to play mirage. I mean please. And look at the tones in the threads related to core mesmer oneshot builds. You are just double standard as hell mate.Silver level plebs that need 3 seconds to find a breakstun or cant differ NPC from a player in 2020? (I could agree only that stealth extension traits shouldnt ever existed, MoP too.). Game never had so many bad players as now, thus, tons of complains about mesmer/clones.How its related to braindead rampage anyway?
inserts spiderman pointing meme

I can say similar things about rampage, i.e., only silver plebs trigger every FC or cannot dodge\line of sight rampage skills. The relatedness about double standardness mate.Nop, thats a logical fallacy and has nothing to do with a rampage,F for you

Wow, logical fallacy. Impressive. But its your problem if you dont see the connection.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:I dont see a connection between your whine about absurdly OP skill is being less absurdly OP and fact that I played this game long ago and mesmer. Definitely my problem ?

So I suggesting the nerf is a bit too far is whining? OMG, ok, I would stop here, its a waste of time trying to communicate with people like you.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:I dont see a connection between your whine about absurdly OP skill is being less absurdly OP and fact that I played this game long ago and mesmer. Definitely my problem ?

So I suggesting the nerf is a bit too far is whining?Suggesting a nerf? In your OP you literally cried that is too much and you lose 1x1 to gazelle and want it to do more damage. They forgot to nerf autos and dash btw.its a waste of time trying to communicate with people like you..Ah, you are a mirage main. Seems plausible now.Good attempt to communicate with me, 12/10.

@"Tharan.9085" said:Lmao, what is not to understand about the passive mirage gameplay? Mirage meta is basically summon clones and AA ppl to death

I could be ok with you one/two years ago, when confusion was something, when every little action gives you vigor and scepter was busted but now....even the 3 condi's staf ambush ahve been nerfed.

Still 2 "viables" build for mirage and it's all.

When i've spoke about War it's beacause I play war, not much as the others classes but i do (core in 5 accounts and bersek in raids) so i can give my point of view without much misleading.

So maybe, you can try to pick up a miarge and JUST summon clones and JUST AA and see if it's work....

@"Tharan.9085" said:Lmao, what is not to understand about the passive mirage gameplay? Mirage meta is basically summon clones and AA ppl to death

I could be ok with you one/two years ago, when confusion was something, when every little action gives you vigor and scepter was busted but now....even the 3 condi's staf ambush ahve been nerfed.

Still 2 "viables" build for mirage and it's all.

When i've spoke about War it's beacause I play war, not much as the others classes but i do (core in 5 accounts and bersek in raids) so i can give my point of view without much misleading.

So maybe, you can try to pick up a miarge and JUST summon clones and JUST AA and see if it's work....

It does, I've recently played mirage