8+ months since last ''no-downedstate-week''

LionZero.3479

Not particularly a fan of no downstate weeks but can't argue with the fact that events bring more people into WvW. I'd like to see one of two options. 1. First week after relinks is an event week, double XP or no downstate or whatever. 2. No Downstate be EBG only, trying to give the best of both worlds for people that like and don't like no downstate.

@"Nauda.3678" said:Tons of people in this forum like to complain that sieges in wvw are discouraged because of stuff like siegeweapons and guildtactics etc.I think "no downstate" is a bigger discouragement to attacking objectives than any of the other stuff that is in the game.

Not being able to rezz people in a t3 keep while being picked of by siegeweapons + tactics + clouding defenders + certain burstbuild like burnguard destroying most siege and killing attacking players very fast is the biggest discouragement I can think off.As soon as the attackers get inside, the defenders can just repair the gate/wall and let 5-10 people on burstbuilds(soulbeast, burnguards, mesmer, deadeye) deal with the reinforcements, while the remaining defenders just kill the attackers inside one at a time.Attacking t3 objects during a "no-downstate"-week, especially if you are not the "dominating server" of the matchup, is like getting wisdom teeth removed: Nobody does that for fun.

This also means that the stronger server is more likely to be able to keep/defend everything they upgrade on enemie borders and this further discourages the smaller servers to attack. It's the "t3 stonemist problem" cranked up to 11.

"no downstate"-weeks have been the most unfun weeks as a pug-commander against stronger servers that I ever had to do(unless you are fine with sitting in your own stuff and wait for anything to attack, I guess).And at that point I didn't lead for fun but because others didn't want to and someone had to do it.

You can zerg and be safe in your blob the other 51 weeks of the year. Perhaps let others have some fun too? For defenders the most annoying thing is the instarez by blobs so different people different gameplay :/

@aspirine.6852 said:You can zerg and be safe in your blob the other 51 weeks of the year. Perhaps let others have some fun too? For defenders the most annoying thing is the instarez by blobs so different people different gameplay :/

It doesn't change a bit. Downstate means in 99% of the cases that you are dead. Exception: You jump in to 3 people with your oneshot build and one uses rez while the other is tanking you. Sorry, not sorry.