pvp is plagued with rev/mes/thief

Lighter.5631

@Axl.8924 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:I wasn’t going to comment in this thread but too many people bringing up my name lol.

Mirage, Soulbeast, FB, Holo, Spellbreaker, Weaver, these specs don’t exist anymore OP?

Bro if what you were playing yesterday in FFA when I farmed you like 5 times is your real spec ... news flash buddy, I give you about a 3/10 and there are so many people currently and no longer playing the game that would just absolutely demolish you. You cry so much but it’s like listening to a beginner complain with no grasp of how things work.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Rev is hard countered by de though even jay savage one of the good revs admitted to this

Did he explain why? I'd like to hear the reasoning.

Teleports, stealth, burst.

Only DE that plays semi routinely and understands how to play is CLOWN. The rest of you on DE plays like actual clowns. If you get targeted as a DE and don’t stealth or teleport immediately you are just too slow and shouldn’t be playing a high risk high reward spec like DE. (99% of DEs)

If you take more than 1-2 seconds getting your burst off after re positioning ... once again you move entirely too slow for you to see the benefits of DE.

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:I can't say much for other classes but DE has a huge tell on its stealth burst which is a bright orange laser pointing at you. If you don't react to this, then you need to pay more attention. Right now, I would say DE is pretty much food for other thieves (core s/d, drd d/p, etc) and revs.

Rev is hard countered by de though even jay savage one of the good revs admitted to this

Also @Shao.7236 man ur like the only dude I see talk about other builds on rev. I saw a renegade do kind of wild damage and I’m like shao said that renegade can actually do damage ?

Jaysavage literally says rev is hard countered by every spec and it's impossible to not kill one unless massively outskilled.

Rev is countered by most things META. Any rev you name that you assume is better than me (lol) I can point to on occasion of him getting FARMED in my games by somebody that’s is NOT ME on a class that counters REV. REV is like solid 7.5/10 right now. Revs role in PVP is damage but it has the lowest damage in the game. Facts that can’t be argued. Like 1 + 1 = 2.

You probably don’t believe me cus you play MES at a solid 5/10. 1v1 a mes that’s been top 10 before and you will see how slow you do ... everything. I have at times farmed you when MES was an unwinnable 1v1 vs a MES I would say was closer to my skill level.

You don’t play the class to its full potential at all.

@blarghhrrkblah.3412 said:I can't say much for other classes but DE has a huge tell on its stealth burst which is a bright orange laser pointing at you. If you don't react to this, then you need to pay more attention. Right now, I would say DE is pretty much food for other thieves (core s/d, drd d/p, etc) and revs.

Rev is hard countered by de though even jay savage one of the good revs admitted to this

Also @Shao.7236 man ur like the only dude I see talk about other builds on rev. I saw a renegade do kind of wild damage and I’m like shao said that renegade can actually do damage ?

Jaysavage literally says rev is hard countered by every spec and it's impossible to not kill one unless massively outskilled.

I doubt he actually said that come on. He’s a pretty decent rev mechanically some times I just wish he didn’t play aggressively being the first one to jump on any target with his zerker amulet build

If this has ever happened to me in a match, 10/10 you were too slow man. I allow plenty of time for team to react. I move quick man.

I would explain in detail but I don’t feel like going through the logistics of it all... if you can’t understand why I do that ?

If I’m at mid going 1v4 for 5-20 seconds before you jump into the fight with some damage, cc or heals ... it’s not me it’s you

Don't you revs have like long distance teleport attacks? coulda sworn you guys are decently mobile with buffs, and if so, how do you have so much trouble with other classes when you got a advantage to get the jump on them?

Im curious because well my nature is every time i hear about a new build or a class i become excited to try it out, like i did with thief condi in pve which wsa interesting offensive druid healer.

Anyways, i coulda sworn you guys also get decent long ranged attacks too.

Shiro teleport ~ 5 sec CDSword 5 ~ 15 sec CD.

If you can’t work around that I rather not tell you what to do because I’d be telling you how to run away from/beat my favorite class

If you take multiple seconds to react and make decisions though.... you will continue to get ganked.

@Shao.7236 said:The whole entire game is plagued with nothing short of players who forgot what makes this game fun, trying to do anything different apparently is a meme now even if the latter is viable but only more difficult to play, skill ceiling is so long something that is mocked upon with meta slavery showing how brain washed MMO players can be to be successful at who has the easiest time playing the game while they so long complain about how easy it is or how there's no challenge to the game, it's almost as if you need to hold someone's hand to show them how vast and complicated the game is without losing their attention for 2 seconds of setting the difficulty option to easy again and complain about the same exact things again.

This paragraph is one sentence.

Let that sink in.

@Ysmir.4986 said:

@Shao.7236 said:The whole entire game is plagued with nothing short of players who forgot what makes this game fun, trying to do anything different apparently is a meme now even if the latter is viable but only more difficult to play, skill ceiling is so long something that is mocked upon with meta slavery showing how brain washed MMO players can be to be successful at who has the easiest time playing the game while they so long complain about how easy it is or how there's no challenge to the game, it's almost as if you need to hold someone's hand to show them how vast and complicated the game is without losing their attention for 2 seconds of setting the difficulty option to easy again and complain about the same exact things again.

This paragraph is one sentence.Find the error.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:pvp is plagued with power rev/mes/thief, who perma stealth/evade and insta gib some one from 1200 range away.really fun, thanks anet

Go play them, show everyone how op they are and you'll get them nerfed. Worst case you'll finally be able to climb. Easy :D

roT7eCl.png

Bro! that was super good idea! i finally climbed back to plat 1 playing power shatter today, also i main mesmer now, i've been trying to find a new main for icebrood for ages, thanks!Ho my mesmer famillyCongrats, so close games, without core mes you would drop to g1 where you belong, damn OP mesmers !

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:I wasn’t going to comment in this thread but too many people bringing up my name lol.

Mirage, Soulbeast, FB, Holo, Spellbreaker, Weaver, these specs don’t exist anymore OP?

Bro if what you were playing yesterday in FFA when I farmed you like 5 times is your real spec ... news flash buddy, I give you about a 3/10 and there are so many people currently and no longer playing the game that would just absolutely demolish you. You cry so much but it’s like listening to a beginner complain with no grasp of how things work.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Rev is hard countered by de though even jay savage one of the good revs admitted to this

Only DE that plays semi routinely and understands how to play is CLOWN. The rest of you on DE plays like actual clowns. If you get targeted as a DE and don’t stealth or teleport immediately you are just too slow and shouldn’t be playing a high risk high reward spec like DE. (99% of DEs)

If you take more than 1-2 seconds getting your burst off after re positioning ... once again you move entirely too slow for you to see the benefits of DE.

Rev is countered by most things META. Any rev you name that you assume is better than me (lol) I can point to on occasion of him getting FARMED in my games by somebody that’s is NOT ME on a class that counters REV. REV is like solid 7.5/10 right now. Revs role in PVP is damage but it has the lowest damage in the game. Facts that can’t be argued. Like 1 + 1 = 2.

You probably don’t believe me cus you play MES at a solid 5/10. 1v1 a mes that’s been top 10 before and you will see how slow you do ... everything. I have at times farmed you when MES was an unwinnable 1v1 vs a MES I would say was closer to my skill level.

I doubt he actually said that come on. He’s a pretty decent rev mechanically some times I just wish he didn’t play aggressively being the first one to jump on any target with his zerker amulet build

If this has ever happened to me in a match, 10/10 you were too slow man. I allow plenty of time for team to react. I move quick man.

I would explain in detail but I don’t feel like going through the logistics of it all... if you can’t understand why I do that ?

If I’m at mid going 1v4 for 5-20 seconds before you jump into the fight with some damage, cc or heals ... it’s not me it’s you

Don't you revs have like long distance teleport attacks? coulda sworn you guys are decently mobile with buffs, and if so, how do you have so much trouble with other classes when you got a advantage to get the jump on them?

Im curious because well my nature is every time i hear about a new build or a class i become excited to try it out, like i did with thief condi in pve which wsa interesting offensive druid healer.

If you can’t work around that I rather not tell you what to do because I’d be telling you how to run away from/beat my favorite class

If you take multiple seconds to react and make decisions though.... you will continue to get ganked.

Ok can you tell me if revenant is in a good enough place to make one? I know little about them except I'm eager for either rev and engi which are the two classes I look forward to the most out of the 4 left guardian engineer, revenant, and warrior

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Ok can you tell me if revenant is in a good enough place to make one? I know little about them except I'm eager for either rev and engi which are the two classes I look forward to the most out of the 4 left guardian engineer, revenant, and warrior

Rev is broken rn, but it takes effort to play so its up to you.I would propably switch to rev if I felt like putting in the effort.

PvP is plagued by conquest, because conquest is plagued by warrior, ranger, engineer, elementalist, thief, mesmer, guardian, revenant and necromancer. Builds that do damage are toxic, because there is no counterplay once you died. Also why are we allowing things such as movement or heals in this game? Whats the point of dealing damage if the enemy is just going to heal anyways, the planet is dying go plant some trees instead!

@Lighter.5631 said:pvp is plagued with power rev/mes/thief, who perma stealth/evade and insta gib some one from 1200 range away.really fun, thanks anet

+1

few minutes ago, i stepped into pvp than wvw and witness and experience it myself. The amount of Toxic +1 shotts, being able to perma-everything, bad design mechanics, Toxic balancing beyond bad design Thief Profession, God like Pulls, having God Like Everything has turned pvp and wvw into a wasteland.

I can't even describe the state of pvp and wvw anymore

I still witness Thief Profession exploiting mounts while being attacked even hackers and exploiters 'has come out of the woodworks' in plain view to laugh at pvp and wvw Toxicity

You can't even tell hows the hackers or exploiters because Toxicity allows all of us to become one

-Thief Profession whose the biggest offender of hacking and exploits for 7 years in plain view, are continually being excused for destroying the game including its players and potential players and Mesmer Profession are being brainwashed and being used to carry out Thief Profession Toxic bidding

It's completely beyond Disgraceful and Disgusting

@Burnfall.9573 said:

+1

few minutes ago, i stepped into pvp than wvw and witness and experience it myself. The amount of Toxic +1 shotts, being able to perma-everything, bad design mechanics, Toxic balancing beyond bad design Thief Profession, God like Pulls, having God Like Everything has turned pvp and wvw into a wasteland.

I can't even describe the state of pvp and wvw anymore

I still witness Thief Profession exploiting mounts while being attacked even hackers and exploiters 'has come out of the woodworks' in plain view to laugh at pvp and wvw Toxicity

You can't even tell hows the hackers or exploiters because Toxicity allows all of us to become one

-Thief Profession whose the biggest offender of hacking and exploits for 7 years in plain view, are continually being excused for destroying the game including its players and potential players and Mesmer Profession are being brainwashed and being used to carry Thief Profession Toxic bidding

It's completely beyond Disgraceful and Disgusting

Lol now were onto thief players are the most common hackers and exploiters?

I'd rather say that PvP is plagued by players who don't know how to improve their own game. They prefer to whine about any class they lose against. If I have to believe the PvP forums every class in the game deserves a big fat nerf. I get it; it's easy to place the blame on anyone/anything but yourself. Easier than looking in the mirror. To try and improve yourself. Find counters to the problems you face. Accept that there are better players out there. Accept that there are hard counters out there. The game, and PvP itself, would be way less toxic if people would step up.

@"Alwayshappy.2549" said:I'd rather say that PvP is plagued by players who don't know how to improve their own game. They prefer to whine about any class they lose against. If I have to believe the PvP forums every class in the game deserves a big fat nerf. I get it; it's easy to place the blame on anyone/anything but yourself. Easier than looking in the mirror. To try and improve yourself. Find counters to the problems you face. Accept that there are better players out there. Accept that there are hard counters out there. The game, and PvP itself, would be way less toxic if people would step up.

16LDjlF.jpg

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Alwayshappy.2549" said:I'd rather say that PvP is plagued by players who don't know how to improve their own game. They prefer to whine about any class they lose against. If I have to believe the PvP forums every class in the game deserves a big fat nerf. I get it; it's easy to place the blame on anyone/anything but yourself. Easier than looking in the mirror. To try and improve yourself. Find counters to the problems you face. Accept that there are better players out there. Accept that there are hard counters out there. The game, and PvP itself, would be way less toxic if people would step up.

16LDjlF.jpg

The tools are already there. The counters are there. People just don't want to hear that; it's easier to whine for nerfs. Not a popular opinion, but still.

@Alwayshappy.2549 said:

@Alwayshappy.2549 said:I'd rather say that PvP is plagued by players who don't know how to improve their own game. They prefer to whine about any class they lose against. If I have to believe the PvP forums every class in the game deserves a big fat nerf. I get it; it's easy to place the blame on anyone/anything but yourself. Easier than looking in the mirror. To try and improve yourself. Find counters to the problems you face. Accept that there are better players out there. Accept that there are hard counters out there. The game, and PvP itself, would be way less toxic if people would step up.

16LDjlF.jpg

The tools are already there. The counters are there. People just don't want to hear that; it's easier to whine for nerfs. Not a popular opinion, but still.

Objectively speaking, there are statistical facts about what can make something OP. It's about having it laid out there.

Some suggestions on how to shift Herald to be a more balanced spec:

• Change Song of the Mists - Dragon to be an explicitly supportive effect, such as PBAoE condition cleanse/conversion and boon extension. Remove the offensive power of it completely. I'd say this is more problematic than Shiro's because it is part of what contributes to the high pressure when getting +1'd via Phase Traversal/Swap. This would also be a more viable choicefor support Revs, as currently they have nothing supportive to synergize with SotM - Centaur. Would be an arguable nerf to condi Heralds, which is my only concern with such a change considering that they are at a pretty healthy power level currently.
  • Reduce the damage and increase the healing of Shiro's heal, Enchanted Daggers. This heal is primarily used as an offensive tool. While it is a cool skill with enough counterplay, it contributes a significant amount of damage when bursting an enemy. While it cannot crit, it ignores damage immunities. Even though it has nice thematic flavor and application in its current form, I'd like to see it become more well-rounded and for it to promote less burst cheese. 6k potential damage that costs no GCD (since it is often precasted) is significant. The skill itself is not OP, but when combined with the rest of Shiro's kit, it can be a bit unfun to fight against. There is a bit of a parallel to this skill, Glyph of Elemental Power, and Venoms.
  • Shave the damage on Mender's Rebuke (seriously, just a small shave) and buff the healing scaling as compensation. Have the heal trigger either instantly or PBAoE at the Rev's location, not where the cast was completed. The skill is pretty kitten at support, which we can't forget is one of the secondary roles of the weapon. Yes, this is a buff request with a side of nerf.
  • Restore the block to Sword 4 and put Shackling Wave back as the flipover skill, conditional upon being hit. Reduce the damage if it turns out being too strong.