Making a Illusions/shatter build — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Making a Illusions/shatter build

sdt.1697sdt.1697 Member ✭✭
edited December 10, 2019 in Mesmer

I'm having trouble coming up with a build for my Mesmer. What I want from this build is making it into a pet build of sorts. I want to be able to create a whole lot of me that can do a lot of damages by themselves while keeping my foe's attention or able to do huge one-shot damage with shatter. Here what I got so far. What I can decide is at least one spec tree and that Illusions. Not sure what other specs to go with as there all seem to make shatters and my clones powerful in there own way, For elite specs, witch I think everyone has in there class, I was think of Chronomancer. I would say a good compared to what I'm building is a Demonology warlock from WoW. able to summon demons to fight at my side. Got any idead of gear or spec that could work with a summoner build?

Comments

  • @sdt.1697 said:
    I'm having trouble coming up with a build for my Mesmer. What I want from this build is making it into a pet build of sorts. I want to be able to create a whole lot of me that can do a lot of damages by themselves while keeping my foe's attention or able to do huge one-shot damage with shatter. Here what I got so far. What I can decide is at least one spec tree and that Illusions. Not sure what other specs to go with as there all seem to make shatters and my clones powerful in there own way, For elite specs, witch I think everyone has in there class, I was think of Chronomancer. I would say a good compared to what I'm building is a Demonology warlock from WoW. able to summon demons to fight at my side. Got any idead of gear or spec that could work with a summoner build?

    Mesmers aren't a pet class. The illusions they summon are very temporary. They have very little health and you're constantly summoning new clones to replace the old.

    The closest thing you're going to find is necromancer. There are builds that take multiple pet utilities, resulting in a small army of demons following the necromancer around.

  • sdt.1697sdt.1697 Member ✭✭
    edited December 11, 2019

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:

    Mesmers aren't a pet class. The illusions they summon are very temporary. They have very little health and you're constantly summoning new clones to replace the old.

    The closest thing you're going to find is necromancer. There are builds that take multiple pet utilities, resulting in a small army of demons following the necromancer around.

    Will I know that Mesmer isn't a pet class but I want to make a build that uses clones. I mean there a skill that taunts enemies like a pet would do. and what I mean illusions I also mean both phantoms and clones. With that siad what would people say which weapon would allow you to make the most clones/phantoms or illusions?

  • @sdt.1697 said:

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:

    Mesmers aren't a pet class. The illusions they summon are very temporary. They have very little health and you're constantly summoning new clones to replace the old.

    The closest thing you're going to find is necromancer. There are builds that take multiple pet utilities, resulting in a small army of demons following the necromancer around.

    Will I know that Mesmer is a pet class but I want to make a build that uses clones. I mean there a skill that taunts enemies like a pet would do. and what I mean illusions I also mean both phantoms and clones. With that siad what would people say which weapon would allow you to make the most clones/phantoms or illusions?

    You can only ever have 3 clones in play at a time no matter what you do. However, you can have phantasms in play in addition to your clones. If maximum screen clutter is your goal, greatsword with chronophantasma and imagined burden are the way to go. This would be a power-based build and so you could also get a lot of use out of shatters.

    For a condi-based alternative, try mirage with deceptive evasion and self-deception. Using False Oasis, Illusionary Ambush, and Jaunt gives you access to multiple sources for supplemental clone generation in addition to generating clones on dodge. Thus a combo as simple as dodging to cover axe 2 and ending with jaunt will generate three clones. Your shatters won't be very strong with a condi setup, but you can also use them to generate useful boons if you take chaos.

  • Gryxis.6950Gryxis.6950 Member ✭✭✭

    @sdt.1697 said:

    Will I know that Mesmer is a pet class but I want to make a build that uses clones. I mean there a skill that taunts enemies like a pet would do. and what I mean illusions I also mean both phantoms and clones. With that siad what would people say which weapon would allow you to make the most clones/phantoms or illusions?

    The most clones would definitely be scepter, especially in pve or wvw. the most phantasms would be either staff (in pve or wvw) but the staff phantasms are trash, or traited greatsword. The problem with greatsword is that it really lacks of defensive tools so if you want to rely on your phantasms a lot it'll be hard to avoid being pressured too hard.

    If you really want to make a build that uses clones and phantasms rather to shatter them right away you might have more luck looking at mirage rather than chronomancer. Mirages use their clones more than other mesmer spec. I would advise relying too much on phantasms anyway, but if that's really what you like about mesmer you can always try this build https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABsyx7lVwuYbsOGKm+WaNdA-zVZYBRPIGMcYnSfKgQFBhLBSXIYxB-w

    It's not very strong, especially against classes that have a lot of zone damage such as reaper, but it's still quite fun and you can definitely win some fights with it once you get the hang of it.

  • sdt.1697sdt.1697 Member ✭✭

    I still need some feedback on my new build for the Mesmer I like the whole being able to make a tiny army of me to do a little damage and able to taunt my foes then making huge damages with shatter. I'm trying to make a balanced between a phantasm/clone/illusions and shattering build. I also like the look of the staff on it as it seems so random and adds a bit of fun in the build. I haven't decided if I should make it pure power shatter clone build or a coni shatter clone build.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sdt.1697 said:
    I still need some feedback on my new build for the Mesmer I like the whole being able to make a tiny army of me to do a little damage and able to taunt my foes then making huge damages with shatter. I'm trying to make a balanced between a phantasm/clone/illusions and shattering build. I also like the look of the staff on it as it seems so random and adds a bit of fun in the build. I haven't decided if I should make it pure power shatter clone build or a coni shatter clone build.

    I would use shatter storm instead in illusion.
    Gravity well for CC
    instead of staff, use Sword/Sword or Sword/Focus ( for pulling mobs together ).
    Due to chronophantasma, and singnet resets, you will get clones from GS/Utilities appear during sword rotation, meaning you dont need extra clones from staff.
    Sword autos are awesome for damage.

  • Just a friendly reminder that speccing an elite traitline is not necessary and that core mesmer (dom/duel/illu, pure power build) is also a perfectly viable option, especially in the context of ‘general’ PvE.

    Due to the chrono shatter changes, chrono isn’t just core v2 anymore. Core damage is actually shatter-centric, whereas chrono (w/ chronophantasma) is phantasm-centric. With this in mind, you should choose either core (high dmg shatters) or chronophantasma (using illusions to dmg) and then pick traits to suit the dmg style accordingly. Choosing one and then picking traits for the other results in an inefficient build that tries to do something it simply just doesn’t (like my attempts on finding an optimal power mirage build).

    This applies to where you’ve picked Mental Anguish, which is shatter-based trait which core mesmer actually uses. Honestly, I can see that you’re trying to maximise shatter damage, but since you have GS equipped, Imagined Burden is a much better choice because the additional zerker also resummons itself due to chronophantasma (doubled further using signet and Csplit). Comparatively, core easily outdamages chrono’s 3-clone Split Second with just a 1-clone Mind Wrack, so it’s a clearly stronger trait for core than it is for chrono.

    You also might want to take a look at your gear stats, the possibility of using the Dueling traitline, sword/x and Shatter Storm as mentioned above, etc.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @sdt.1697 said:
    I still need some feedback on my new build for the Mesmer I like the whole being able to make a tiny army of me to do a little damage and able to taunt my foes then making huge damages with shatter. I'm trying to make a balanced between a phantasm/clone/illusions and shattering build. I also like the look of the staff on it as it seems so random and adds a bit of fun in the build. I haven't decided if I should make it pure power shatter clone build or a coni shatter clone build.

    I would use shatter storm instead in illusion.
    Gravity well for CC
    instead of staff, use Sword/Sword or Sword/Focus ( for pulling mobs together ).
    Due to chronophantasma, and singnet resets, you will get clones from GS/Utilities appear during sword rotation, meaning you dont need extra clones from staff.
    Sword autos are awesome for damage.

    Sword focus as second over the GS?

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:

    @sdt.1697 said:
    I still need some feedback on my new build for the Mesmer I like the whole being able to make a tiny army of me to do a little damage and able to taunt my foes then making huge damages with shatter. I'm trying to make a balanced between a phantasm/clone/illusions and shattering build. I also like the look of the staff on it as it seems so random and adds a bit of fun in the build. I haven't decided if I should make it pure power shatter clone build or a coni shatter clone build.

    I would use shatter storm instead in illusion.
    Gravity well for CC
    instead of staff, use Sword/Sword or Sword/Focus ( for pulling mobs together ).
    Due to chronophantasma, and singnet resets, you will get clones from GS/Utilities appear during sword rotation, meaning you dont need extra clones from staff.
    Sword autos are awesome for damage.

    Sword focus as second over the GS?

    instead of staff, use Sword/Sword or Sword/Focus ( for pulling mobs together ).
    INSTEAD OF STAFF
    GS stays

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    OH i get what you mean now.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • sdt.1697sdt.1697 Member ✭✭

    Well, I diced that I want to go down the shattered thing for power but I do love the skill set of the staff on this character too. So once aging I went back to the dawing brode on making a new core Mesmer, though I have my dought that people play core professions anymore.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sdt.1697 said:
    Well, I diced that I want to go down the shattered thing for power but I do love the skill set of the staff on this character too. So once aging I went back to the dawing brode on making a new core Mesmer, though I have my dought that people play core professions anymore.

    build you are using doesnt make sense

  • @sdt.1697 said:
    Well, I diced that I want to go down the shattered thing for power but I do love the skill set of the staff on this character too. So once aging I went back to the dawing brode on making a new core Mesmer, though I have my dought that people play core professions anymore.

    OK, how about you make a mesmer and lvl it up the good ol' way to lv 80. Or continue playing it until you learn it better. See what build you end up with in the end. Test out different weapons, gear, skills and traits - which feels more effective? Stick with it. Experiment more. Find your own build.

    pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

  • firewire.4813firewire.4813 Member
    edited January 12, 2020

    @sdt.1697
    Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? It's a chrono power shatter build. Lots of clone/phantasm spam with decent dps. I have a lot of fun with this build.
    https://vimeo.com/384304038

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sdt.1697 said:
    I still need some feedback on my new build for the Mesmer I like the whole being able to make a tiny army of me to do a little damage and able to taunt my foes then making huge damages with shatter. I'm trying to make a balanced between a phantasm/clone/illusions and shattering build. I also like the look of the staff on it as it seems so random and adds a bit of fun in the build. I haven't decided if I should make it pure power shatter clone build or a coni shatter clone build.

    I think the best build where you keep clones in PvE is scepter condi. It uses mirage/dueling/illusions and you rarely shatter.

    If you want phantasm build power chrono. I call it phantasm farm, but it is very boring.