Where can I get player informants about traits and skills?

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

So I'm trying to make my own builds for myself for each profession but I seem to be having trouble finding anywhere where I can get info from. I know there the wiki but that only gives out the information on what it does not on if it sucks right now or not. I don't want to bother people on the forum and ask about every profession good or bad traits. Is there any place where a person rates the traits and skills or gives more details and tips on how there can be used?

@"Alatar.7364" said:

Other than that there is mostly (however not always) not any "this trait is good because XY", because traits are good if they synergyze with other elements. One trait (or traitline) maybe good in one scenario and bad in a different one.

This. There is synergy between traits, weapon skills, utility skills, gear attributes, and upgrades (runes/sigils). So there isn't usually a way to say that a particular skill/trait/attribute/upgrade is good or bad by itself; its all about the synergy.

That makes a bottom-up build process difficult. There are just too many permutations available. Instead, its more useful to think in terms of top-down approach, where you start with the desired final result/theme, and then work backwards to select the elements to create that. E.g., "I want a glassy build with high DPS but also alot of automatic self-healing","I want a tank that melts mobs and I never die - I don't care if its slow to kill them", "I want a mid-level DPS output that also supports nearby players", etc.