I seriously consider an alliance with Jormag.

DanAlcedo.3281

@Fenella.2634 said:So how would you like to prove the hypothesis further than what Taimi did without actually risking Tyria?OTOH, maybe we could sometime soon finally talk to the Pale Tree about how to replace Mordremoth. If we had one more replacement ready, we could really just kill the next ED.

Remember Spencer the Chak organ? Chak are among the few creatures besides the EDs who absorb magic, she was running all kinds of tests on that thing

@Stephen.6312 said:I don't think an alliance with Jormag is sustainable. Look at all the Vigil Relief Soldiers listening to Jormag and, seemingly, dying of exposure to the frost. How can we possibly entertain the idea of allying with an Elder Dragon who, irrespective of it's intentions, only seems to kill things that get too close to it? By the time we're finished readying the troops to fight the other Elders there won't be any left to muster!

If you want advice about Jormag, go speak to the elephant in the room: Rytlock. He recognised the dragon's voice. I believe he's heard it long before all of this guffaw. Let him say his piece, then we'll tear Jormag's throat out.

I bet all this concern about the end of the world, should we kill all of the dragons, is just nonsense. Heck, for all we know one of the remaining dragons - perhaps Jormag itself, or even Bubbles - is so powerful that it has subtly influenced our minds into accepting this possibility as fact, when no proof has ever been presented, only theory by in-game NPCs.

Just kill Jormag and be done with it. Then quit your moaning.

It was proven when all the Ley energy went crazy after Mordremoth's death, hence all the ley-crazed bosses and anomalies.

Jormag is one of the most dangerous dragons because of it's extremely malicious ability to manipulate and decieve people.

There are many tacics Jormag can use to so this.Lies, specifically lying with the truth but intentionally witholding key facts aka propaganda.Diversion, Jormag seeking to ally with us to against another threat potentially making us blind to it's real agenda.Seduction, Jormag offers it's help to gain our trust and lower our guard making us more vulnerable to it's corruption.Rationalization, Jormag rationalizes it's past behaviour in a way that makes us sympathetic or understanding (this has already been done in game)Guilt, Jormag could potray our refusal for peace as irrational fear and hatred for Dragons, likewise call us hypocrites for allying with Aurine but not giving other dragons the same chance to live in the new world.

Those are just a few.If you want a funny way to say it then Jormag is essentially the politician Dragon xD

Seriously though, Jormag plays the long game.. the other dragons we've dealt with so far were far more aggressive and Jormag was too until it started encountering mortals that it recognized would be foolish not to respect.The commander has earned that respect as well as Jormag itself told us face to puppet face.We now have the full attention of this Elder Dragon.. and regardless of the deal/conversation we had with it... make no mistake, this doesn't make Jormag less of a threat to us.. if anything it makes Jormag even more dangerous and you can bet your buts that it will be watching us with great interest going forward.

@Lottie.5370 said:Honestly I hope there is an option to give in to or ally with Jormag. I think it would be super interesting to play and I really enjoy listening to Jormag's whipsers in my ear!

It's a fact we can't just off another Elder Dragon and we don't have any more scions that can take the places of the ones that remain (and the ones that are still vacant for that matter). We're in a tight spot.

It's almost impossible to trust Jormag at face value though. For someone speaking of alliances, Jormag isn't exactly acting in good faith to that end. We really have to get in touch with Aurene and away from that voice.

I really liked this episode, Bjora Marches was well done.

I agree that it'd be kind of interesting from the player perspective, but for the PC it would be out of character really. They did not even consider an alliance with Joko in the Realm of the Lost. And in contrast to some players the Commander also did not take Joko's famous speech very seriously. It seems to me with Jormag we are in a similar situation right now, where some players are more interested in the villain than the PC is. :)

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:Honestly I hope there is an option to give in to or ally with Jormag. I think it would be super interesting to play and I really enjoy listening to Jormag's whipsers in my ear!

It's a fact we can't just off another Elder Dragon and we don't have any more scions that can take the places of the ones that remain (and the ones that are still vacant for that matter). We're in a tight spot.

It's almost impossible to trust Jormag at face value though. For someone speaking of alliances, Jormag isn't exactly acting in good faith to that end. We really have to get in touch with Aurene and away from that voice.

I absolutely agree that we can't trust Jormag... but I'm just so tired after all the recent struggles... I just want to rest...

@Lottie.5370 said:

I absolutely agree that we can't trust Jormag... but I'm just so tired after all the recent struggles... I just want to rest...

6qf486u.jpgDO NOTRIP those NPCs you tell to get up.

About confirmation of Taimi hypothesis

• The Eye of Janthir vision showed the world being demolished after the death of krakattorik at the hands of Balthazar.
  • The Human Gods already know about this before Taimi research.. at least they knew that "a battle with Elder Dragons had devastating effects".

Practically Taimi did not discover anything new, only confirmed "scientifically" what supernatural entities already knew.