[QoL] Please make Personal Trading Post invisible

YtseJam.9784

3 reasons why:

1. Tired of people complaining when I use mine and they can't. Just got called RUDE for something that is definitely not my fault.
  2. Cannot use my personal merchant while this one is out (or the other way around). Have to wait 5 mins or switch maps? Seems kinda pointless to have them with this behavior.
  3. Tired of people putting them where it interferes with interaction with things like crafting stations.

Can we make it like the personal banker which doesn't spawn an NPC and just opens the window? Same as the Tarrktum Personal Delivery Portal and others?

Thanks

• Like 1

@Ameepa.6793 said:Yeah, it would be much better if permanent vendor and trading post contracts worked like the vault contract does that it only opens the usable UI, but doesn't create an NPC.

I have to disagree here. Once you close the UI, even accidentally by moving, it's gone. At least with the NPC you can reopen it again for 15 minutes. I'm with the others here - keep the NPCs but hide them from other players.

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:

@Ameepa.6793 said:Yeah, it would be much better if permanent vendor and trading post contracts worked like the vault contract does that it only opens the usable UI, but doesn't create an NPC.

I have to disagree here. Once you close the UI, even accidentally by moving, it's gone. At least with the NPC you can reopen it again for 15 minutes. I'm with the others here - keep the NPCs but hide them from other players.

So what? Talking about permanents here and suggesting they all should work like vault one does and that thing does not have a cooldown so simply just reopen if you close it by accident :)

@Ameepa.6793 said:

So what? Talking about permanents here and suggesting they all should work like vault one does and that thing does not have a cooldown so simply just reopen if you close it by accident :)

Yeah we are talking about the permanent ones. They are useless for everyone else. Perma bank you can use it endlessly. Yeah you move, the window closes (it shouldn't), but you can always use it again immediately.

@Ameepa.6793 said:

My problem with the vault methodology is that if you're using a consumable one and you accidentally close it, it's gone and you have to waste another consumable to re-open it. At least, that's my understanding - correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be very happy to know there's a way to reopen one you've consumed and closed by accident.

My problem with the vault methodology is that if you're using a consumable one and you accidentally close it, it's gone and you have to waste another consumable to re-open it. At least, that's my understanding - correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be very happy to know there's a way to reopen one you've consumed and closed by accident.

They are only talking about the permanent versions. The non permanent versions would still function as they do now.

@Dante.1763 said:

They are only talking about the permanent versions. The non permanent versions would still function as they do now.

Ah, thank you. That's what I was misunderstanding. I guess if you're using permanents then the vault concept could work.

Yeah... I really would like them to giving you the option to have separate interaction keys. I'm tired of people putting vendors, ports, boxes of fun, etc in nodes, chests, etc. just to troll. where's the QoL?

And even more annoying, if someone has their own personal toon open nearby, you can't open yours. It's ridiculous having to walk away spamming the button to open because of the minimum distance. All this can easily be fixed by my suggestion.

Ah, thank you. That's what I was misunderstanding. I guess if you're using permanents then the vault concept could work.

Specifically, this is because the one-use consumable services creates NPCs useable by everyone, while the permanent ones create NPCs that are only useable by the summoner. On top of that - there's nothing to indicate the difference!

Moving the personal (permanent) ones to just opening the UI would mean that any spawned NPC is interactable for everyone.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I just want them to fix the bug that prevents most of them from being useable by other players. No need to make them invisible other than keeping them away from interactable objects (which is another bug).

Pretty sure it's by design that others can't interact, since they're permanent. It's even hinted in the names of the items - Personal Merchant/Trader Express.(Edit: to be clear, I would absolutely also prefer if they were interactable by everyone! My point here is only that it's not a bug.)

As for placement - design oversight isn't a bug. I very much wish "placeables" (like summoned NPCs or thing like Box of Fun) couldn't be placed within a certain radius of static interactable objects (like chests and nodes), but they clearly never created such a block.

@"YtseJam.9784" said:

1. Cannot use my personal merchant while this one is out (or the other way around). Have to wait 5 mins or switch maps? Seems kinda pointless to have them with this behavior.

I suspect that might be intentional to force a limit on how frequently you can access it. If it is intentional, I don't agree with it.I always feel bad when I have my contract goons out there and folks can't interact with them.So either make them invisible/open the menu directly, or make the NPC useable by everyone. I would kind of prefer the latter, so other players have the benefit.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I just want them to fix the bug that prevents most of them from being useable by other players. No need to make them invisible other than keeping them away from interactable objects (which is another bug).

Pretty sure it's by design that others can't interact, since they're permanent. It's even hinted in the names of the items -
Personal
Merchant/Trader Express.(Edit: to be clear, I would absolutely also prefer if they were interactable by everyone! My point here is only that it's not a
bug
.)

As for placement - design oversight isn't a bug. I very much wish "placeables" (like summoned NPCs or thing like Box of Fun) couldn't be placed within a certain radius of static interactable objects (like chests and nodes), but they clearly never created such a block.

OK, I see: I thought he was talking about the consumable version. Apologies to OP!