To those who think CORE POWER MES is OP.

TAIKA.1903

@Odik.4587 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:You didnt prove anything with your videos, only that its a memebuild that deserves to be reworkedSo, thief is getting deleted entirely too? Any spec (drd/core/especially DE) can oneslap you easly out of nowhere. @Burnfall.9573 was right all along! DELETE THIEF !to be reworked to be actually a viable and FUN (for all sides) buildIn the same manner they did to chrono?I cant believe that anyone is having fun fighting any pof spec (excluding renegade ).

Yes, thief needs reworks too, its not fun to play against such game designs.

Sigh... Did i ever mention chrono? No.Wether they did a good job with chrono or not is completely irrelevant for the topic.

You are way too defensive about mesmer, you think i want mesmer to be nerfed to the ground, but i want it to be a class thats fun to fight against. Its a general idea for all classes to have fun fighting each other.

And no, i dont want to pummel every mesmer to the ground without even trying, that gets boring very quick, but thats also the reason i dont jump every cheese train with the newest op build (some ppl do get fun out of easy pz wins, but not me)

HOW this is achieved is not my problem to solve, im not a game dev.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@bravan.3876 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:But yes, Mantra of Pain should get an animation and
PU should get removed.
I bet you took it from my first post :blush:Absolutely not. The idea that the mesmer stealth elite, which already has lower uptime than Toss Elixir S, should go back down to having Lower Uptime, Lower Duration, and 3x the cooldown is stupid.Increase toss elixir S cd to 120s like moa elixir, it has 2 traits to reduce it cooldown,they would be fine with it.PU/MoP are the main culripts in this build, extremely long stealth is just dumb and shouldnt existed in the first place.

Making yourself and your allies invisible is one of the main defining things about illusionists. Mesmer should be defined more by its game changing utility than one shotting people with burst combos that when performed correctly are literally physically impossible to react to.Removal of PU wouldnt affect your ability to stealth allies, only duration of exact that elite which is too excessive with it. Utility... portal is gone, chrono support never lived, IoL...anyone ever used it ?So, I said : nerf/delete MoP and PU. Minus instacast with lots of damage and might prestack = no more oneshots.Also Engineer mains and the developers will fight you tooth and nail over any changes to toss elixir s, even if it deserves nerfs. "They would be fine with a 120 cd" is hilarious they would cry bloody murder.Well, chrono got deleted(I srsly rofl'd when they deleted lost time and split adept trait into adept+grandmaster) but scrapper steadily got buffed and buffed, clearly not blatant favoritism /s

And the portal nerf was one of the worst balance changes in SPvP throughout path of fire and here you are demanding a sequel. People had started mellowing out about mesmers again until they were able drop portal and run 3x combat utilities.

Without mantra of pain you'll still one shot most builds. It just one shots less builds and less reliably than before.

And now that you can double trait Mass Invisiblity to be as good as Sneak Gyro you want to take it away. I don't get it.

Gyro has a great tell of someone being in stealth and even gives a good idea of the position of the stealthed players, MI does nothing of this

Going to stop your right there. Ever since Gyros were reworked into wells, Sneak Gyro no longer displays a gyro NPC or any sort of tell. It is 9 seconds of stealth, plus a field to leap through and blast through for more stealth. And no, the field is not visible.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:You didnt prove anything with your videos, only that its a memebuild that deserves to be reworkedSo, thief is getting deleted entirely too? Any spec (drd/core/especially DE) can oneslap you easly out of nowhere. @"Burnfall.9573" was right all along! DELETE THIEF !to be reworked to be actually a viable and FUN (for all sides) buildIn the same manner they did to chrono?I cant believe that anyone is having fun fighting any pof spec (excluding renegade ).

Sigh... Did i ever mention chrono? No.Wether they did a good job with chrono or not is completely irrelevant for the topic.

You are way too defensive about mesmer, you think i want mesmer to be nerfed to the ground, but i want it to be a class thats fun to fight against. Its a general idea for all classes to have fun fighting each other.Or i'm merely making fun of your suggestions to make the game around "fun". Which is subjective, easy win - fun, loss - not fun. Chrono was just a good example how they fix stuff and how fun to beat that now minus the "fun" of playing it.And no, i dont want to pummel every mesmer to the ground without even trying, that gets boring very quick, but thats also the reason i dont jump every cheese train with the newest op build (some ppl do get fun out of easy pz wins, but not me)New and OP .... you are 7 years late boi.HOW this is achieved is not my problem to solve, im not a game dev.Was never their goal. Damn its bad to be a game dev, so high expectations but different goals... :joy:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:But yes, Mantra of Pain should get an animation and
PU should get removed.
I bet you took it from my first post :blush:Absolutely not. The idea that the mesmer stealth elite, which already has lower uptime than Toss Elixir S, should go back down to having Lower Uptime, Lower Duration, and 3x the cooldown is stupid.Increase toss elixir S cd to 120s like moa elixir, it has 2 traits to reduce it cooldown,they would be fine with it.PU/MoP are the main culripts in this build, extremely long stealth is just dumb and shouldnt existed in the first place.

Making yourself and your allies invisible is one of the main defining things about illusionists. Mesmer should be defined more by its game changing utility than one shotting people with burst combos that when performed correctly are literally physically impossible to react to.Removal of PU wouldnt affect your ability to stealth allies, only duration of exact that elite which is too excessive with it. Utility... portal is gone, chrono support never lived, IoL...anyone ever used it ?So, I said : nerf/delete MoP and PU. Minus instacast with lots of damage and might prestack = no more oneshots.Also Engineer mains and the developers will fight you tooth and nail over any changes to toss elixir s, even if it deserves nerfs. "They would be fine with a 120 cd" is hilarious they would cry bloody murder.Well, chrono got deleted(I srsly rofl'd when they deleted lost time and split adept trait into adept+grandmaster) but scrapper steadily got buffed and buffed, clearly not blatant favoritism /s

And the portal nerf was one of the worst balance changes in SPvP throughout path of fire and here you are demanding a sequel. People had started mellowing out about mesmers again until they were able drop portal and run 3x combat utilities.

Without mantra of pain you'll still one shot most builds. It just one shots less builds and less reliably than before.

And now that you can double trait Mass Invisiblity to be as good as Sneak Gyro you want to take it away. I don't get it.

Gyro has a great tell of someone being in stealth and even gives a good idea of the position of the stealthed players, MI does nothing of this

Going to stop your right there. Ever since Gyros were reworked into wells, Sneak Gyro no longer displays a gyro NPC or any sort of tell. It is 9 seconds of stealth, plus a field to leap through and blast through for more stealth. And no, the field is not visible.

Ouch i forgot about that rework and either haven't rly met a Scrapper since then, so didn't know it is not visible anymore or i simply forgot. Bad change :( I mean i get that Gyros are less clunky to use now but the tells on stealth Gyro were important as a balance aspect i think.

@Odik.4587 said:

PU should get removed.

And now that you can double trait Mass Invisiblity to be as good as Sneak Gyro you want to take it away. I don't get it.How come you underestimate MoP that much? 12 mights and 2 insta spikes are nothing to you?Not just MI, all abilities with a long stealth :)

MoP is good when you enter fight, its 100% design to burst, and its good at it. Its just shit at everything else. And the burst is burst, you get the kill and its super worth it, or you dont, and now you have a dead ability.It gives 12 might ( lets eyeball it as 8% dmg increase )5 vulnerability -> around 7,5% dmg increase due to traits.And unavoidable bit of damage.Bout couple of sec passes, might dissapears, same with vulerability, and you are stuck with this useless piece of shit utility ;pMI is just bad for mesmer, has no synergy with mesmer, its good for TEAMMATES.Its good for stomping, its good for rezing, and its good for letting teammates disengage ( if on coms )If they were to remove MoP from the game, options for mesmer could be made. It promotes this all or nothing builds way too hard.Meanwhile look at phantasm utilties, 1s taunt on 50s cd, and 5 boonrip with 1s casttime, yikes

@Odik.4587 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:You didnt prove anything with your videos, only that its a memebuild that deserves to be reworkedSo, thief is getting deleted entirely too? Any spec (drd/core/especially DE) can oneslap you easly out of nowhere. @"Burnfall.9573" was right all along! DELETE THIEF !to be reworked to be actually a viable and FUN (for all sides) buildIn the same manner they did to chrono?I cant believe that anyone is having fun fighting any pof spec (excluding renegade ).

You are way too defensive about mesmer, you think i want mesmer to be nerfed to the ground, but i want it to be a class thats fun to fight against. Its a general idea for all classes to have fun fighting each other.Or i'm merely making fun of your suggestions to make the game around "fun". Which is subjective, easy win - fun, loss - not fun. Chrono was just a good example how they fix stuff and how fun to beat that now minus the "fun" of playing it.And no, i dont want to pummel every mesmer to the ground without even trying, that gets boring very quick, but thats also the reason i dont jump every cheese train with the newest op build (some ppl do get fun out of easy pz wins, but not me)New and OP .... you are 7 years late boi.HOW this is achieved is not my problem to solve, im not a game dev.Was never their goal. kitten its bad to be a game dev, so high expectations but different goals... :joy:

Yikes, so you outed yourself as one of the ppl who jumps the cheesetrain to get ez wins, without care how anybody else but you feel in the game.

Since you are defending it, as a cheese player, must mean its a cheesebuild.

Flawless logic. Next.

And no, it shouldnt be balanced solely around fun. But if a gamemechanic is so unfun to play against, then you will lose players,losing players means less money, less money equals less devs, less devs means even less balance. Are you this dense not to connect the dots buddy?

@RedShark.9548 said:

You are way too defensive about mesmer, you think i want mesmer to be nerfed to the ground, but i want it to be a class thats fun to fight against. Its a general idea for all classes to have fun fighting each other.Or i'm merely making fun of your suggestions to make the game around "fun". Which is subjective, easy win - fun, loss - not fun. Chrono was just a good example how they fix stuff and how fun to beat that now minus the "fun" of playing it.And no, i dont want to pummel every mesmer to the ground without even trying, that gets boring very quick, but thats also the reason i dont jump every cheese train with the newest op build (some ppl do get fun out of easy pz wins, but not me)New and OP .... you are 7 years late boi.HOW this is achieved is not my problem to solve, im not a game dev.Was never their goal. kitten its bad to be a game dev, so high expectations but different goals... :joy:

Yikes, so you outed yourself as one of the ppl who jumps the cheesetrain to get ez wins, without care how anybody else but you feel in the game.While not playing the game for a long time?
Flawless logic.
Since you are defending it, as a cheese player, must mean its a cheesebuild.What exactly I'm defending there? By suggesting direct nerfs?
Flawless logic. Next.
And no, it shouldnt be balanced solely around fun. But if a gamemechanic is so unfun to play against, then you will lose players,losing players means less money, less money equals less devs, less devs means even less balance. Are you this dense not to connect the dots buddy?All started with desire to make more money by selling powercrept elite specs and ended with it. Clap.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@TAIKA.1903 everyone with any braincells knows this.This builds whole concept is to farm bad players.In fact mesmers entire concept is to farm bad players, lol.

Then I must say then that at least 70% of the competitive population (PvP and WvW) are bad players....even mesmers themselves.

yes, generally speaking vast majority of players are bad.wasnt there a post from developers that average player doesnt even do 10% dmg of benchmarks? pvp is no different.