Open World Support-ish Profession Options

Opopanax.1803

It depends if you want to meme or be useful, read on for the latter. Generally, heal builds are not great because they have low damage output, and for the majority of open-world events little healing is required. Now you also need to consider that most players in open-world events do very little damage, and are likely just using skills in random orders because they don't know how to, or care about optimising their profession - this means that alacrity is not really that important. Ideally, you wan't to be looking at a build that can buff their damage from 3k to 5 or 6k, whilst still retaining decent personal damage. Tempest is good in this respect, as it has decent personal damage and can extend/provide might and fury, along with increase the duration of boons on 10 people. Boon herald is pretty mediocre in terms of personal damage, but stick some srength runes on it and you can provide around 16 might on 10 people, along with fury and protection/other boons if needed. Berserker or even core warrior with tactics traitline (phalanx strength), banner of strength and discipline, and for great justice can considerably boost the damage of nearby players with ok personal damage. A great pick is condition quickness firebrand, with good personal damage while applying quickness, might and fury to 5 nearby allies.

It depends on what you're doing. If you're going to be doing a lot of zerging content, or are commanding an event yourself, then running a healing build is really good. Personally I prefer the healbrand, but a full harrier version of the aura tempest does pretty well in a pinch. Basically any healing build can fulfill this role, but those two have garnered my favor, because quickness is overpowered and the heal tempest has a very wide healing range.

If you're talking about wandering around the overworld alone and maybe supporting the one or two players who happen to come by, there are two other builds I run for this, too. First is the diviner herald. It doesn't seem like much to just pulse out fury/might/protection to everybody around you, but it can really help with rando's who have rando-builds. The biggest strength of the rev is that it can shred breakbars with it's staff attack, but it also does pretty solid damage for how low maintenance it is to play. It's a pretty simple build:

Gear: Full DivinerRunes: x6 Scholar RunesSigils: Force + ConcentrationWeapons: Sword/Sword + Staff

Devastation: Vicious Lacerations, Assassin's Presence, Swift TerminationInvocation: Rising Tide, Incensed Response, Rolling MistHerald: Elder's Respite, Shared Empowerment, Forceful Persistence

Legends: Glint + Shiro/Jalis

The next build is the mover. This is the build I take if I want a random zerg to really succeed: the diviner chronomancer. All of the support chronos on these websites are designed assuming two chronos, and have rotations with split second timing. If you're by yourself or in fractals, you'll want to go with the diviner set, otherwise all of the boons will drop out and everything stops working. The DPS is O.K. for a support build, mostly because you'll be giving yourself fury, might, quickness, and alacrity. The main advantage is that this build gives everyone around you both quickness and alacrity, making it the largest force multiplier in the game.

Gear: Full DivinerRunes: x6 Scholar runesSigils: Concentration + ForceWeapons, Sword/Shield + Off-hand Sword

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority ComplexIllusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceChronomancer: Time Catches Up, Improved Alacrity, Chronophantasma

Utilities: Signet of the Ether, Signet of Inspiration or Mimic, Well of Recall, Well of Action, Time Warp or Gravity Well.

@Opopanax.1803 said:I am currently playing a might share warrior for open world.

I'd lol to know of some other professions and builds that can help like this.

I've heard of quickbrand with diviners gear and scourge with Marshals.

What are some other options for open world support/heal?

Harrier's healing TempestHarrier's Herald using Glint and VentariSeraph's FirebrandMinstrel's Healing ScrapperPlaguedoctor's Scourge

The only one of these I am not running on a regular basis these days is the Seraph's FB (just due to lack of armor) and they are all super effective in Open World/Dungeons/Fractals/Strikes.All keep the pepegas alive and fully buffed. The Tempest and Scourge builds provide extra value with increased rez potential.