Herald Shield - "Envoy of Exuberance" Idea

Virdo.1540

I just took some time to think about an shield skill again, since these Skills of the herald seem a little odd and kinda weak/out of place.Together with many people wanting skills that work a lot more like the trident etc., i thought of an " Envoy of Exuberance", thats giving boons depending in its active legend (and not those tiny bit of protection).

So here is what ive thought of.

Envoy of Exuberance:Release a burst of energy that heals allies and grants Boons based on the active Legend.

• Healing: 1,620 (0.5) (like before)
  • Cooldown: 15sec (like before)
  • Energy Cost: goes from 8 to 15/20/25
  • Targets: 5 (like before)
  • Cast-Time: from 3/4sec to 1sec
  • Radius: 240 (like before)

Boons:

• Glint: 5 Seconds of Protection
  • Jalis: 5 Seconds of Retaliation
  • Shiro: 4 Seconds of Quickness
  • Mallyx: 3 Seconds of Resistance
  • Ventari: 5 Seconds of Regeneration

Animation

• Maybe some kind of opposite "Vengeful Blast"(downstead 3), where the Blast would be pushed away from the revenant, animation speed x3 and maybe gets a bit of dyed fog ,thats depending on the legend (like blue for glint, green for shiro, etc)

Would be happy to see Comments to this Idea, doesnt matter if critism, the Opposite or other ideas to polish this idea. :)

@Aeolus.3615 said:Herald already have regeneration on passive healing, what if on shield withnvebtari pulses direct heal or increase healing regen on affected alies?

I feel there’s some redundancy on those boon :/

Indeed, Herald can give Regeneration.Ventari can not. With the Shield would Ventari actually be able to provide Regeneration.

There are also people that play herald, but without glint. How should they provide others with regen?

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Herald already have regeneration on passive healing, what if on shield withnvebtari pulses direct heal or increase healing regen on affected alies?

Indeed, Herald can give Regeneration.Ventari can not. With the Shield would Ventari actually be able to provide Regeneration.

There are also people that play herald, but without glint. How should they provide others with regen?

They don’t, like rev ventari won’t provide stability.

Players don’t need to give everything, whatever spec/build they play, that’s why we have mindless spam gameplay.

I like this proposed changes except the more boon thing.I would work arround strenghting each legend, to maintain shield on pair with what the legend do by doing it better.Shield functioning depending the legend is a amazing change.

Just because outside herald revs can’t fart boons like some classes doesn’t means it’s bad ;)

I rather have access to boost that can’t be corrupted hehheh, wich also won’t depoend on mass boon stacking and spam.

Cool idea. I think Envoy of Exuberance is one of the few weapon skills that would be appropriate to have legend-based effects. Not sure how people would feel about Revs being able to share quickness along with all their other boons, but it'd be a fun change for the weapon. I am confused by the increasing energy cost you have for it though. What do you mean by that?

@Aeolus.3615 said:

They don’t, like rev ventari won’t provide stability.

Players don’t need to give everything, whatever spec/build they play, that’s why we have mindless spam gameplay.

I like this proposed changes except the more boon thing.I would work arround strenghting each legend, to maintain shield on pair with what the legend do by doing it better.Shield functioning depending the legend is a amazing change.

Just because outside herald revs can’t fart boons like some classes doesn’t means it’s bad ;)

I rather have access to boost that can’t be corrupted hehheh, wich also won’t depoend on mass boon stacking and spam.

If they wanna provide people with Stability, then they use Jalis instead of Ventari.

Every (core)legend has its own boons. Dwarf for stab, shiro for quickness, demon for resistance...and ventari got nothing. Ventari , the legend that is mostly relying on healing, doesnt even get the proper boon (like it had earlier).

The Salvation traitline (thats supposed to be used with ventari) Even got some buff for concentration, for boons it doesnt have.

And the vigor crap (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vital_Blessing) isnt worth taking, especially just to make the concentration buff do anything.There are no core Rev builds that can actually take advantages out of the Concentration buff as Healer.

Just one source of regeneration has an impact on this whole thing.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:I liked back in beta how rev didnt rely on boons (apart from most obvious being stability, might, fury) and i think it should stay this way tbh. Leave that junk to herald

Other classes dont rely on any boons either. Probably even less then herald does, but why can they produce so many boons more and get out even more of it than we do?

@Virdo.1540 reason a nerf hammer needs to happen across all classes and why game balance is a complete gimmick spam more than personal ence why gw2 pvp side of the game is fame is awfull.

Not all classes need to be boons, that’s a design flaw for Anet designate everything as boons, they should had kept gw1 buffs segments and types, if everything wasn’t a then unwound agree with you, but at the current state of the game i don’t.

Stiill In that case shield should offer alacrity while on ventari.

@"Shuriken.6738" said:from pvp side aswell as wvw the one needed change for herald shield is making shield 5 mobile like every other classes weapon blocks, shield 4 is maybe a bit underpowered but it doesn't matter since everything is about to get nerfed, just make shield 5 mobile, thats all it needs

"since everything is about to get nerfed"

im sure ,the classes that really need a nerf wont get nerfed and the classes, that actually need a buff, will get the nerf.... like most of the time

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Shuriken.6738" said:from pvp side aswell as wvw the one needed change for herald shield is making shield 5 mobile like every other classes weapon blocks, shield 4 is maybe a bit underpowered but it doesn't matter since everything is about to get nerfed, just make shield 5 mobile, thats all it needs

"since everything is about to get nerfed"

im sure ,the classes that really need a nerf wont get nerfed and the classes, that actually need a buff, will get the nerf.... like most of the time

Probably that m8 happen.I am not counting with a decent iteration...