Its time to replace Taimi with Councillor Phlunt

ugrakarma.9416

Let's end this nonsense of carrying a child in a guild of inconsequential adventurers(Commander), addicteds to gambling (Canach), and alcoholics (Marjorie).With the radio thing, councillor Phlunt can help us without leaving Rata Sum.I bet he would be a better addition to the Dragons Watch guild.

Kill Taimi offscreen and let the old wise one inherit all her research assets.

@Fenella.2634 said:Protect the child! Kill her!

Really? :lol:Also, she was a teenager six years ago. It's quite possible she's not exactly a child right now.

Also also, when was the last time she was involved, really?

She's 19, now. And yeah, it's been two story releases/seven months since she's been around.

On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Can we just replace the entire guild with heroes or henchman of our choosing? I mean, I am the commander and it's supposed to be my guild. I would be ok with a system like in Gw1 where I can choose who I want to go do story stuff with. This would be a tremendous QoL improvement.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Ice Brood Saga would be abbreviated as IBS, which also stands for irritable bowel syndrome?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:has anyone else noticed that the Ice Brood Saga would be abbreviated as IBS

It's usually abbreviated as LS5.

But, it isn't living season 5, they've said as much. Now they are doing sagas. This one is IBS (imo).

Edit: checking now I guess anet would abbreviate it TIS, since they have it as The Icebrood Saga (didn't think of Ice Brood as one word).My bad.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:has anyone else noticed that the Ice Brood Saga would be abbreviated as IBS

But, it isn't living season 5, they've said as much. Now they are doing sagas. This one is IBS (imo).

Edit: checking now I guess anet would abbreviate it TIS, since they have it as The Icebrood Saga (didn't think of Ice Brood as one word).My bad.

They actually do abbreviate it as LS5 with file names. The whole "saga" thing isn't redefining Living World Seasons - despite the PAX announcement's skit - but is just the name for Season 5, just as Season 1 is given the name "Scarlet's War"; Season 6 is named "The Icebrood Saga".

I don't remember the exact image, but one of the promotional content for Whisper in the Dark from Anet had "ls5-" abbreviation to it.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Shes start the LS5 prologue tring finding a beer, and if im not wrong the LS1 shes was at a tavern in first time appeareance cinematic. my guess shes a addicted in disguise.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Shes start the LS5 prologue tring finding a beet, and if im not wrong the LS1 shes was at a tavern in first time appeareance cinametic. my guess shes a addicted in disguise.

I realize the "beet" is a typo... but an incredibly funny one. Imagine getting a drinking habit from beet juice.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Icebrood saga is just the name. It’s done for marketing and thematic immersion since saga sounds cool for the area we are in. It is still LS5

I want to kill Taimi but only because she is surely now in the terminal phase of a debilitating disease since it went worse for a long time now... The joke was long enough, let that poor asura die, at this point it's almost a dead body talking. It really looks like she has a kind of "Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy" disease or a nervous system atrophy.I kinda agree with Phlunt, it seems to be a clever guy, that kinda strange he hasn't found Taimi lab a lab which has a door with a DRAGON drawn on it. Like he can't bring a laser cannon or golems to break the door? Well and we have gorrik, Taimi surely shared several data with him, so in case Taimi die, the story can simply continue with Gorrik-Phlunt duo. Will be as good as with Taimi. It's not that I hate her, but in that case, don't state she has a kind of debilating disease. (Reminder: Already hinted at rata primus LS4E2 where Taimi states Blish has the chance of being a golem)Should I also mention that, we have 0 news from Rata Novus since an asuran guide and ALL THE COUNCILLORS have visited it?

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Shes start the LS5 prologue tring finding a beet, and if im not wrong the LS1 shes was at a tavern in first time appeareance cinametic. my guess shes a addicted in disguise.

Mate, if making visits to the bar means you're an addict, I've got bad news about global alcoholism rates.

On a more serious note, though- complaints that our guild is irresponsible for bringing Taimi along go all the way back to her introduction seven years ago, but honestly, the case has weakened substantially since then. When she was a runaway teen actively seeking to enter a terrorist's line of fire, that was one thing, but she's older now, and for the last few years she's largely run tech support and kept away from the front lines. Combine that with the fact that she no longer coincidentally has the answer ready for all the big problems, and I think she's in a very good place now. (I would like some update on her condition- it's been almost a full year since we heard that it's been getting worse- but I don't know if it needs a conclusion, per se, yet. They've never said she's in the terminal stages- just that the end is coming and she has no idea when.)

Phlunt, on the other hand? The blowhard that Taimi ran circles around for more than a year, the one who has shown himself to be manifestly more interested in taking credit for Taimi's discoveries than doing anything remotely useful himself? If Taimi's too young to make useful contributions, why would we want someone who just plagiarizes her work?

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:Phlunt, on the other hand? The blowhard that Taimi ran circles around for more than a year, the one who has shown himself to be manifestly more interested in taking credit for Taimi's discoveries than doing anything remotely useful himself? If Taimi's too young to make useful contributions, why would we want someone who just plagiarizes her work?

Do we have any proof that he claims credit for her inventions?All official statements I know of is that he is taking care of her inventions until she can properly claim ownership of them, as that seems to be the usual thing to do in Asuran society.