December World Linking Update

Cal Cohen.2358

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is the first decent news we've had. It beats them moving us from tier 3 or 4 (where TC should be) up to tier 1 because they can't do math and use 3 year old numbers at relink. Every relink it's the same thing. They put us in T1 or 2 where we don't have the numbers or coverage to compete, and then it takes 4-7 weeks to finally get where we should be, and boom, they drop us back in T1.

Try relinking every matchup instead of every few months so that people don't get stuck in bad links forever? Two months is already just a massive amount of time in the gaming world, most AAA games don't even last that long for their entire run, but you want people to stick around for a single game mode for a seven-year-old game in the hopes that next time, it'll be better (only to get worse again).

I'm the last person to complain about anything but please rethink your whole strategy for WvW.

Remove links, let under populated links have a free move to a server of their choice, with less servers more poulation in EU YAY and now you can add tournaments. I never get why this was not done long ago when we realised that links are shit for WvW and Arena Net said when they were adding them that if it does not work we can remove them. Yes please do, and remove the lowest servers, there are too many of them and too few players!

@Leaa.2943 said:Remove links, let under populated links have a free move to a server of their choice, with less servers more poulation in EU YAY and now you can add tournaments. I never get why this was not done long ago when we realised that links are kitten for WvW and Arena Net said when they were adding them that if it does not work we can remove them. Yes please do, and remove the lowest servers, there are too many of them and too few players!

They left links to juggle pops, but we all know it doesnt work.

Thank you for not relinking during the holiday again. Hope people remember that last time they relinked during the holiday it bugged out and there was a 4 server pairing, meanwhile the anet representative argued with people on the forums that there was nothing wrong without even checking for themselves. That was the worst pairing i've been in, as a server in the 4 person linking, i never bothered logging in after reset because we owned everything on every map non stop.

i dont really understand why you guys would wait an entire month instead of just doing it like a week earlier. waiting a month is just going to make more people not play the game because they're stuck in boring and bad matchups. NA prime in t1 right now is just people losing 1 fight then sitting in their keep and just using siege. its so unbelievably boring to play