Guild Missions : More Please!

Svarty.8019

TL;DR: I loved guilds missions and want Arenanet to either expand or rebuild the Guild Mission system.

I don't like PvE much. I do the story, but I'm here for WvW. When guild missions were new we used to run them on a weekly basis, but after a time we grew bored with them and stopped doing them. If Arenanet had expanded the system with regular new guild missions, I think our guild might still be playing together.

Players play together when they aren't bored with the content - the lack of variety in guild missions could be seen as a big part of why a lot of our guild stopped playing the game entirely. That's a few potential gem store customers instead paying Blizzard or whomever. I think the Guild Mission system is superb, but it NEEDS CONTENT!

Guild missions, first agree we need more. Second, as said in the past, remove the player count and make the challenge itself determine the number of players required. An example from this week, capture 3 sentries in 15 minutes. Easy for a single player to complete. Kill 15 sentries in 15 minutes, you will need a group just to cross the distance involved. I understand the attempt to was to get people together but in reality it just means that it limits access. Don't limit that guildmate that might play on off hours from others, if they are up to the challenge, let them go for it.

Third, we need new types of missions. Example, create weekly missions that grant a bonus for the upcoming week, and these should be tiered. Each level granting more boons for the guild for the upcoming week. Example, capture 'x' camps for the bronze reward, 'y' camps for the silver, 'z' for the gold reward. These rewards could also be in the form of guild buffs for the week. 'x'% karma gain, 'y'% karma gain, 'z'% karma gain. Giving guilds weekly goals to work towards create more reason for people to work together on goals and gives a bit more meaning to the guild. What made the guild halls fun was the collective effort needed to upgrade them. It wasn't in the material cost but allowing something that people could contribute to together. The reason for that tiered challenge again is also to support guildmates that might be playing a different timezone, tiered challenges let them contribute as well to the larger goal.

@Metasynaptic.1093 said:The PvP need their timers removed. Just waiting in the queue can cause you to fail them.

In an ideal world, timer would pause while in queue. If that is too much to code then either removing the timer or extending it to fit the actual play time or adjust it to counting wins and loses in the equation of the achievement.

Yes! We really need new Guild Missions, alot of new PvE missions. We could use the ideas of Strike Missions(Like the Puzzles, but a bit harder), have some special ones for Guilds. Weekly ones, simples ones and a few harder. Some Open map legendary enemy would be cool as well.I know this is really hard to happen, but, some new guild armour would be awsome coming with those new missions.Seeing some guild missions with chapters would be cool too, imagine, first, you trek something, second you do a puzzle connected, third you hunt some enemies, and at least you have a "strike like mission" boss fight. Well, just some ideas.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Liston.9708 said:Let me complete them solo as well....

yeah, at this moment only soloable guild mission to date is WvW Challenge....

and waiting for this one to pop this week can get tiresome :/

Lol what?! I solo a bounty, a trek and some rushes every week (well, to be completely fair, I leech the rushes from other guilds who are doing a rush, but I think it still counts as solo). It’s time that people become a bit more resourceful in this game. Ya’ll want everything by pressing 111111 while jumping back and forth a bit.

@FOX.3582 said:

Lol what?! I solo a bounty, a trek and some rushes every week (well, to be completely fair, I leech the rushes from other guilds who are doing a rush, but I think it still counts as solo). It’s time that people become a bit more resourceful in this game. Ya’ll want everything by pressing 111111 while jumping back and forth a bit.You listed pve. We were talking wvw missions that physically require 3. I did unlock the pve opportunity hoping for a bounty or trek yesterday hoping for another shot

@Liston.9708 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Lol what?! I solo a bounty, a trek and some rushes every week (well, to be completely fair, I leech the rushes from other guilds who are doing a rush, but I think it still counts as solo). It’s time that people become a bit more resourceful in this game. Ya’ll want everything by pressing 111111 while jumping back and forth a bit.You listed pve. We were talking wvw missions that physically require 3. I did unlock the pve opportunity hoping for a bounty or trek yesterday hoping for another shot

Well do you want the favor or not? I don’t see a problem here.

We do need more guild missions tho, but for other reasons. To bad Arenanet got rid of the team that was working on guild features. I think they forgot that the word; “GUILD” is in the title of their game. Hey, it’s Arenanet right?

I'm one of those people who ended up having the need to have a storage guild for claiming purposes in wvw as long as having my own place to store things because for the most part if you join a guild you can have it disband and pretty much lose the only decent rewards which it has from skirmish boxes which is the tactics. Then people who just waste them and such. So that 3 player thing is just to prevent people from doing this very thing not to mention the heavy cost of even building one up to even be able to craft them yourself and it being tied into guild halls to begin with.

I do figure though the day I actually completely finish this as far as wvw aspects are concerned the game mode will be completely and utterly dead which is about 380 mystic coins and 2700 favor from that point.

More guild missions would be fun, but it's not happening. This topic has been brought up before, and was officially addressed. ANet has a limited number of developers, and adding new guild missions would take devs away from other, more important content. They also had some stats about how few players actually do guild missions compared to other content, and showed (from their perspective) that it just wasn't worth the time and resources.

The BEST we could hope for as far as guild missions is a slight revision of existing missions. I'd love to able to run WvW missions solo instead of having to have 2 other players participate. I'd love some easier to solo PvE missions.

@FOX.3582 said:

@"Liston.9708" said:Let me complete them solo as well....

Lol what?! I solo a bounty, a trek and some rushes every week (well, to be completely fair, I leech the rushes from other guilds who are doing a rush, but I think it still counts as solo). It’s time that people become a bit more resourceful in this game. Ya’ll want everything by pressing 111111 while jumping back and forth a bit.
  1. I was speaking of WvW missions, thought it was obvious by context, but apparently was wrong, my bad, will try to be clearer in the future,

2. Personally I'd not count leeching other guild runs as "soloing" the mission.

As for bounties I can't really tell, since from the last time I actually tried a bounty, the simplest one was able to wipe a full party at exotic/ascended gear. I'll admitt tho that whole concept of guild missions was new back then, alot of powercreep happened as well, and the first iteration of bounties was way more difficult than it is now, afer two if memory serves revamps for it.

1. Your assumption that I want everything "by pressing 111111 while jumping back and forth a bit" is wrong. I just dislike when mission is designed as perfectly soloable, and then receives arbitrary restriction that screams "lazy way to force it to not be soloable" ;)

Please remember when we are talking about former replies that was pre-team re-arrangements, we need to stop assuming old limitations are current ones. For all the player base knows is that some teams might have dual roles and one of those might be on guild updates. So keep on suggesting people. As SAB should have shown everyone, if you don't ask they don't think about it, so ask away and depending on interest may impact if it makes it on the target list.

• 1 month later...

@TheGrimm.5624 said:For all the player base knows is that some teams might have dual roles and one of those might be on guild updates. So keep on suggesting people.

Whilst this is true, I think it's safe to assume nothing is being done, since that's the track record. If there is communication or evidence to the contrary, I'll believe.

I have zero faith.