Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

@Sobx.1758 said:And then what? How does it make it obligatory? If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao.

Whats the point of templates if you need to remember all small variations that are not worth spending 800gems on for just a few swapped pieces of armour and infusions with legendary gear? I'm pretty sure the majority of raiders who play more than one profession don't remember all the setups. Well of course if you only play open world with 1-2 sets and don't care about min maxing this doesnt matter but why using their loadouts in the first place then.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:And then what? How does it make it obligatory? If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao.

Whats the point of templates if you need to remember all small variations that are not worth spending 800gems on for just a few swapped pieces of armour and infusions with legendary gear? I'm pretty sure the majority of raiders who play more than one profession don't remember all the setups. Well of course if you only play open world with 1-2 sets and don't care about min maxing this doesnt matter but why using their loadouts in the first place then.

It was clear as day from the start that the templates will be monetized, people literally kept saying they'd throw money at anet for implementing them, so what exactly were you expecting that you're complaining about it now?And minmaxing or remembering your actual builds isn't really that hard, if you have troubles with that then, again, it's your own problem. Worst case scenario, grab a pen, piece of paper and get over it. Additional build/gear slots are still by no means obligatory or key for the gameplay, so the claim -from the thread that got merged here- about build slots making gw2 somehow "expensive to play" is as false as it was before.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:And then what? How does it make it obligatory? If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao.

It was clear as day from the start that the templates will be monetized, people literally kept saying they'd throw money at anet for implementing them, so what exactly were you expecting that you're complaining about it now?And minmaxing or remembering your actual builds isn't really that hard, if you have troubles with that then, again, it's your own problem. Worst case scenario, grab a pen, piece of paper and get over it. Additional build/gear slots are still by no means obligatory or key for the gameplay, so the claim -from the thread that got merged here- about build slots making gw2 somehow "expensive to play" is as false as it was before.

I and a lot of friends found a better solution. Stopped playing this garbage and moved to other games. They could be monetized but 10-20bucks for unlimited full deal is the most i would pay. This 200€+ nonsense needs to stop.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:It's not "expensive to play". I disagree with template pricing, so I don't buy them and I play like I did while freeing inventory slots from putting additional gear in the equipment tab. I swap manually when needed, it's not a problem and in no way it's obligatory.

Unless you have minmaxed gear and dont remember all the assassin pieces and precise infusions it needs with different runes

And then what? How does it make it obligatory? If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao.

Wow. All the time you insult other players. ALL the time. It's bizarre, really.

How did I insult anyone here? At which point
exactly
?

"If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao."

Almost every single one of your responses is a variation of the "you are a terrible player, so learn to play" theme. How was what you wrote constructive in any way?

@Nephalem.8921 said:

I and a lot of friends found a better solution. Stopped playing this garbage and moved to other games.

Cool, is this supposed to bother me in any way though? If that's what causes someone to quit the game, then maybe they actually didn't enjoy it in the first place.

They could be monetized but 10-20bucks for unlimited full deal is the most i would pay. This 200€+ nonsense needs to stop.

As I said, I disagree with the pricing so I don't pay for it. w/e

@misterman.1530 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:It's not "expensive to play". I disagree with template pricing, so I don't buy them and I play like I did while freeing inventory slots from putting additional gear in the equipment tab. I swap manually when needed, it's not a problem and in no way it's obligatory.

Unless you have minmaxed gear and dont remember all the assassin pieces and precise infusions it needs with different runes

And then what? How does it make it obligatory? If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao.

Wow. All the time you insult other players. ALL the time. It's bizarre, really.

How did I insult anyone here? At which point
exactly
?

"If you don't remember your builds then it's your problem lmao."

Almost every single one of your responses is a variation of the "you are a terrible player, so learn to play" theme.

Nothing in that quote is insulting anyone. Start using words according to their meaning, thanks.Saying "if you don't remember your builds then it's your problem" in no way means I think he's a "terrible player or can't play", what are you even talking about right now?

How was what you wrote constructive in any way?

And how is claiming that "buying template slots is obligatory and because of that playing gw2 is super expensive now" constructive in any way? It's just a lie. So what I said was "constructive" by pointing out OP's initial statement is false. Obviously talking about OP from thread that was merged into this one.

• Confused 1

So, around the time templates came out, I started playing swtor again. They made all their gear legacy, which was as huge qol change for the game.

But, you know, I love gw2, and haven't given it up altogether. So I thought, neat. Build templates. I happily went about setting up my power Holo sword shield, and rifle, and went to setup the wvw scrapper. I was like, NEAT. I no longer have to tediously remove and swap my legendary trinkets. I can't wait to start setting up my Chrono who has leg armor.

Except I look, and the trinkets aren't there for her to select. Wat. So I check. Yep, Ellie can't see the leg armor either.

So essentially this whole system is basically pointless. And no arc templates. Now I use Sticky notes and bank slots. Bah. I am still playing my twice a week raids but haven't finished either chapters achievements. I'll keep checking to see if this improves(why on Earth aren't shared equipment accessible to all characters??), But atm swtor is getting my money.

You can blame players for getting used to a superior product in ARC all you want, or tell them how gracious it was of Anet to allow that free solution as part of the game for years in the first place, but that doesn't change the fact that once people live with electricity, running water and high speed internet for years for free, provided by someone else, they probably are going to react poorly when you then turn around, take all of that away and charge them obscene amounts of money for a moldy cave to live in.

Unsurprisingly, a large amount of people is just going to walk away from that instead of putting up with it.Additionally, I would argue it was gracious of the developer of Arc to provide this service to Anet and GW2, keeping hardcore players engaged with the game for years with this necessary feature in place, rather than the other way around. Considering how most people I know barely play anymore or outright quit since this mess, clearly this was a valuable service Arc provided for the game. Not a grace of Anet.

And since this keeps coming up, no, these players didn't mind spending some money on a template system and they still don't.What they take issue with is paying literally hundreds of euros/dollars for a far inferior system which then still doesn't cover their needs just to somewhat keep playing the same old content similar than before with the much superior system. Strangely enough, people don't like getting milked.

~20-40€/$ for a full account unlock for a little QoL system to save some chatcodes to swap builds around quickly (which before a fan made better is his freetime)? Sure, okay, most can probably stomach that.10€/$ per chatcode per character, often used for just some minor stat and rune adjustments in Legendary Gear saving no inventory slots at all? That's mental to defend as good business practice.I would say that, if applied to future systems and ingame products, this route will eventually kill the game and leave nothing but a few whales to play with, but having spoken to some self declared high rollers, even they were appalled by this system and considered dropping off..

But by all means, keep running around in Open World a few times a week with blinders on, pretending the game is doing fine while blaming all the other consumers for the common dissatisfactions with the product. I'm sure that's going to improve things.

You can tell people "If you don't like it, quit" only so long before there aren't enough people left to keep going.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Well, templates can be free by converting gold to gems and then purchasing them.

We can argue this point until the cows come home but, That is not free(those Gems used in the conversion are gems bought by players with real money). Listen to Mike Z's announcement, "all these features brought to us for free".

@UnDeadFun.5824 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Well, templates can be free by converting gold to gems and then purchasing them.

We can argue this point until the cows come home but, That is not free(those Gems used in the conversion are gems bought by players with real money). Listen to Mike Z's announcement, "all these features brought to us for free".

Yes they are bought by someone. YOU don't have to buy them.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Well, templates can be free by converting gold to gems and then purchasing them.

Yes they are bought by someone. YOU don't have to buy them.

As I said we will disagree until the end of time.

It just puzzles me how they didn't show a version of the QoL for legendaries where said see saving so many clicks. Well with legendary items lets have to unclick every single piece of legendary equipment on every single tab and oh they want me to buy more tabs to have more things I need to click on?!!?

SO THEN you think you are done and then BAM you forgot ONE ITEM to unequip so then it goes and strips everything down and then plant my head into the keyboard then the tray breaks off so then I gotta go find more duct tape. So hopefully they come up with some kind of legendary vault where physically transferring legendary items is no longer required one just fills the slot if one can go there. Which I assume would then lead to legendary food, utilities, and infusions. So yeah would be nice if a majority of time spent isn't transferring items just to go do something lol. So maybe things will get better after I re-equip all this stuff again MAYBE.

@Klypto.1703 said:It just puzzles me how they didn't show a version of the QoL for legendaries where said see saving so many clicks. Well with legendary items lets have to unclick every single piece of legendary equipment on every single tab and oh they want me to buy more tabs to have more things I need to click on?!!?

SO THEN you think you are done and then BAM you forgot ONE ITEM to unequip so then it goes and strips everything down and then plant my head into the keyboard then the tray breaks off so then I gotta go find more duct tape. So hopefully they come up with some kind of legendary vault where physically transferring legendary items is no longer required one just fills the slot if one can go there. Which I assume would then lead to legendary food, utilities, and infusions. So yeah would be nice if a majority of time spent isn't transferring items just to go do something lol. So maybe things will get better after I re-equip all this stuff again MAYBE.

Just have to craft a set of legendary armor/weapons per character and your golden mate.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Klypto.1703" said:It just puzzles me how they didn't show a version of the QoL for legendaries where said see saving so many clicks. Well with legendary items lets have to unclick every single piece of legendary equipment on every single tab and oh they want me to buy more tabs to have more things I need to click on?!!?

Just have to craft a set of legendary armor/weapons per character and your golden mate.

Then you still either have to pay 6€+ for a gear slot per character just to change/save some minor variations (up to only 6), like swapping a few stats in your legendary gear and/or using different runes, for 0 - 1 Inventory slots saved, or you will still have to click and search everything by hand just like before, which was a nightmare to constantly do without Arc, especially for min maxed and hybrid stat builds.

With this system in place, especially if you buy into it, ascended gear (plus constantly swapping between a fleet of characters) is just much more "convenient" to swap around, both by hand and within the system, allowing you to also have different looks per Loadout, while not taking any more Inventory space.

Otherwise it's still well over 200€ for some gear Loadouts for all professions, for next to no saved Inventory space, just to save some different stats on your Legendary gear making use of that swapable functionality, which is thousands upon thousands of gold to get to begin with..Arc Templates and the associated convenience was the only thing making Legendaries worth it functionality wise.

There is no reason to still go for ingame goals like that, just buy stuff on the gemstore.

pros:-u can swap templates with buttons-swaps are instant

cons:-revenant legends are randomly changing very frequently, after loading build templates-u have to pay a lot of gold for every template-cap of 6 eq templates is joke, we need more.-if someone is using a lot of templates with leggy gear, it causes much more mess in inventory, than we had with arc templates

my conclusion:All this instant load by button is very helpfull in wvw, and in fractals for precast, but overall it gives me much disappointment, compared to what arc templates offered. as i use multiple builds on 1 character, its straight downgrade for me. manually precasting some skills from weapons in inventory is way worse than before

my suggestions:-reduce cost, or make equipment template unlock for whole account.-increase max cap of eq templates-increase storage for legendary gear users, or just delete it at all-properly fix revenant legends skills memory asap

-

@kharmin.7683 said:So.... you were able to play just fine before templates and now? If they are cost prohibitive, then don't buy or use them. Go back to the way you were playing before templates were released.

You could. But I don't think it speaks well about the health of the game or the goals of ArenaNet if they deliver build templates loadouts that are prohibitively expensive. Alongside a weak first episode that was considerably shorter and less engaging than the prologue after renting a stage to tell us how this time it'd be different.

Insult to injury. Implement a feature everyone's wanted in a way that's a slap in the face and then release content that should supposedly justify the price but...simply doesn't.

Can't fault people for being tired of ArenaNet asking us to dig into our wallets but giving us no reason to feel like our money's being spent on anything but their retirement.

Over a month in with build templates, heres some more feedback...

The gear template system wasn't bad enough to make me quit the game.I have stopped spending money on the game though, and play much less and have considered quitting weekly.

Trying to play multiple game modes or test builds just feels like being punished for not spending more gems, so I don't really do that anymore.I stopped working towards any legendaries as well, since those seem like a waste now.

Since my main issues with the build template system (high cost, low limits, not actually being templates, working poorly with legendaries) barely seem to be acknowledged at all, it feels like a waste of time to suggest or hope for any kind of improvement.

The copy/paste for trait templates mostly works though, even if both slot types are questionable at best and seem to be a tereible use of gems.I can copy them to a notepad file where they won't change, and usually pasting into the game from notepad works.It also is handy for sharing details with other players.

The paywall has been the biggest complaint about this new system for a while now (in this forum and especially outside of it) and that one point of criticism (the main point of criticism really) is conveniently ignored every single time. Color me surprised, just like every other time they've paywalled QoL features.

Mark my words, Taco is gonna be next. "Contract Black Lion Company scouts to map out and mark helpful routes, guides and icons on your map. For the low, low price of 500 gems per map".

@"Artits.2795" said:The paywall has been the biggest complaint about this new system for a while now (in this forum and especially outside of it) and that one point of criticism (the main point of criticism really) is conveniently ignored every single time. Color me surprised, just like every other time they've paywalled QoL features.

Mark my words, Taco is gonna be next. "Contract Black Lion Company scouts to map out and mark helpful routes, guides and icons on your map. For the low, low price of 500 gems per map".

Per character, of course.

@Asum.4960 said:

@"Artits.2795" said:The paywall has been the biggest complaint about this new system for a while now (in this forum and especially outside of it) and that one point of criticism (the main point of criticism really) is conveniently ignored every single time. Color me surprised, just like every other time they've paywalled QoL features.

Per character, of course.

Don't give them any ideas.

I love this feature. I really do. I WOULD really like to see savable keybind profiles to go with it rather than the one-set-for-all-builds-and-characters we currently have. I was hoping that we'd see something to address keybinds before wintersday and the bell events came out.

@Gatvin.6510 said:I love this feature. I really do. I WOULD really like to see savable keybind profiles to go with it rather than the one-set-for-all-builds-and-characters we currently have. I was hoping that we'd see something to address keybinds before wintersday and the bell events came out.

ARC Templates didn't have a keybind function, and I managed fine without.Then again, ARC was actually a really good templates system.I suppose the shitshow we have now differs from ARC in a number of ways.