Condi Scourge written rotation?

Majy.6792

Anywhere I can find a written out rotation for condi scourge? I understand generally it's about prioritizing certain skills over others, but it seems with most builds there is a preferred rotation which takes cd's into account to maximize dps. I'm having trouble breaking ~21k dps on golem with nearly a full ascended gear set (missing back, 1 accessory and 1 ring). I somehow doubt those 3 pieces make up for 7k worth of damage loss.

Watching videos has been not super helpful, even when slowed down, I don't really get an idea of why people are using certain skills at certain times, and every video I've watched has differences in the rotation which would make me think it's not an exact science but then I come up so short on dps so there's obviously something I'm missing...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

It's really just that:

1. Try to not interrupt your autoattack chain
  2. Look at the list of which skills to prioritize
  3. Manage to press a f-ability every second for dhuumfire procs
  4. And there's some minor things like scepter 3->2 the other way round is bad, because it can interior your 2, due to some strange aftercast/animation.
  5. Also learn your conditransfer.

That's pretty much it

• 3 months later...

For anyone else that finds this and reads it, have since gotten pretty good w/ scourge. My biggest issues were:

1. Managing shade uptime - try to make sure you always have 3 and prioritize that when one is about to drop off
  2. Really making sure to use a punishment skill before generating a shade since sadistic searing is important for dps
  3. f ability management / trying to use every 1s or as close to that as possible (as mentioned by Nimon above, thanks to him for pointing out how important that is)

Otherwise it's just basically skill spamming w/ the order of priority that snowcrows has. I don't like how snowcrows lists "manifest sand shade" as last in priority bc while that's true assuming you have 3 shades up, if you go through that rotation with 1 or 2 shades you just missed a bunch of dps. I think the priority is:

1. Maintain 3 shades
  2. Feast / Harrowing / Grasping / Oppressive / Blood is Power with Desert Shroud / Blood is Power w/o desert shroud
  3. When generating a shade, use a punishment skill

With those 3 rules alone you should be able to hang in any raid.

I am learning to avoid placing shades. Trait for one big shade and be that shade.

It feels like Arenanet busted a good mechanic and that degraded several others.

Regarding rotations, Necromancer has never had too much to gain from them. Skill use tends to be more about choosing the right skill at the right time.

For example, use barrier when an opponent prepares a large attack. Choose Epidemic when add mobs or another elite or boss gets within range. Use a LF generation skill when you need LF but save it when you do not.

The current meta build on snowcrows have less of a reliance on Sadistic Searing, due to only having one punishment skill. Taking the barrier heal, shadow fiend, signet of undeath, bip and plaguelands. The shadow replaced with epidemic when needed.

I wish Ghastly Breach was more competitive in pve, with it having a much larger area of effect on par with Sand Savant. But yeah, its not wise to get dependent on sand savant in pve, as it makes life much more difficult for you if not used to 3x shades.

And regarding Dhuumfire from Nimon

1. Manage to press a f-ability every second for dhuumfire procs

Shroud skill 1 inflicts burning on your target.

So that seems to be at odds with your statement, Nimon. or am I missing something?

@"LucianDK.8615" said:The current meta build on snowcrows have less of a reliance on Sadistic Searing, due to only having one punishment skill. Taking the barrier heal, shadow fiend, signet of undeath, bip and plaguelands. The shadow replaced with epidemic when needed.

I wish Ghastly Breach was more competitive in pve, with it having a much larger area of effect on par with Sand Savant. But yeah, its not wise to get dependent on sand savant in pve, as it makes life much more difficult for you if not used to 3x shades.

So that seems to be at odds with your statement, Nimon. or am I missing something?

Basically, every shade ability f2-5 trigger an attack of f1, and that's counted for dhuumfire procs.

If you read the skill description carefully, it says: "whenever you use a shade ability, your shades strike nearby does"

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:The current meta build on snowcrows have less of a reliance on Sadistic Searing, due to only having one punishment skill. Taking the barrier heal, shadow fiend, signet of undeath, bip and plaguelands. The shadow replaced with epidemic when needed.

Basically, every shade ability f2-5 trigger an attack of f1, and that's counted for dhuumfire procs.

If you read the skill description carefully, it says: "whenever you use a shade ability, your shades strike nearby does"

Yes, but it doesnt imply that Dhuumfire works for those. When reading the trait, it appears strictly to be based on F1 casts.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The current meta build on snowcrows have less of a reliance on Sadistic Searing, due to only having one punishment skill. Taking the barrier heal, shadow fiend, signet of undeath, bip and plaguelands. The shadow replaced with epidemic when needed.

Yes, but it doesnt imply that Dhuumfire works for those. When reading the trait, it appears strictly to be based on F1 casts.

Well it says shroud skill 1 inflicts burning on target, and as every shade ability triggers a shroud skill 1 attack... Dhuumfire procs

Those attacks that trigger also made power source good in wvw and introduced the faceroll meme for necro, as you were basically pressing f1,f5,f2,f3 basically at the same time

@Nimon.7840 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The current meta build on snowcrows have less of a reliance on Sadistic Searing, due to only having one punishment skill. Taking the barrier heal, shadow fiend, signet of undeath, bip and plaguelands. The shadow replaced with epidemic when needed.

Well it says shroud skill 1 inflicts burning on target, and as every shade ability triggers a shroud skill 1 attack... Dhuumfire procs

Those attacks that trigger also made power source good in wvw and introduced the faceroll meme for necro, as you were basically pressing f1,f5,f2,f3 basically at the same time

I know now, but its not clear and misintepretable. I needed an explanation before I understood it. And Ive started to practice with free placing of shades instead of snapping to target.

And regarding shades when none is up, you have to place all 3 first before casting anything else, yes? The SC page have nothing on opener.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I know now, but its not clear and misintepretable. I needed an explanation before I understood it. And Ive started to practice with free placing of shades instead of snapping to target.

And regarding shades when none is up, you have to place all 3 first before casting anything else, yes? The SC page have nothing on opener.

I hope that I'm allowed to copy this from SC discord, but since everyone can join there: