What is the class you do not want to face in a 1v1

zengara.8301

@Zexanima.7851 said:I say warrior but a referring mostly to really good warriors since average/bad warriors are easy to fight.. Really good thieves or mesmers are annoying but a good warrior will make you think you're crazy. They time all their blocks/evades/invulns perfectly to where they seem untouchable while using whirlwind/burst skills when you least expect it. They are few and far between but a really good warrior usually takes me apart no matter the profession I'm on.

Fought one last night that had a CRAZY amount of regen while dishing pretty good damage. Was hard to take down with 2 of us.

Imagine being able to ignore all incoming damage. Imagine being able to ignore all incoming CC. Imagine having two passives that do the exact same things for you, for free. Think you can go Condi Damage to counter all of these? Nuh-uh, Runes of Durability, Healing Signet and Featherfoot Grace exist. Now, add to the equation the following : Spellbreaker's F2 that has a super small cooldown + offhand shield + Rampage + Defiant Stance. What do you get? Oh yeah, you guessed it ; EVERY warrior in WvW. Screw "fighting" them and screw that class in general, not gonna waste my precious time waiting for your tantrums to end and get an incredibly small window of opportunity to damage your baby's first PvP class.

Of course thief. A mechanic of endless fight resets is obviously stupid in a competitive game.

Even playing it feels stupid since HoT (I have 2500 hours playtime on the class) because you can not be punished for anything. The worst that can happen is that you can not kill your target. Playing thief is basically 24/7 bunker meta:

Either you can kill your target if you outnumber it,or you can't kill your taget because it has huge sustain or counterpressure and you have to disengage (or even reset) over and over again,and your target can't kill you at any time.

(The possibility of messing up and die accidently is not an argument!)

Condi mesmer and permastealth DE. If they screw up their rotation, disengaging is never a problem with them thanks to short in-combat range. Good Daredevils and Power mesmer are annoying to some extent but never been as problematic as first two in my opinion. (unless they are in group with equal lvl of hit-n-run-or-stealth bullshit).

Personally, I despise mesmers the most on any builds. Not just because that class tends to attract different types of trash human beings but also because it had too much of Anet's favour for years that seems to never run out despite repetitive nerfs.