Regarding chrono

kraai.7265

Do you guys remember anet totally killed chrono a while ago?Now that we have a new team leader on balance, and communication is flowing again, why aren't we getting any response to the countless feedback asking for anet to take back this awful changes?Are you watching the decay of players using chrono on every game mode?If you won't take it back to how it was pre "rework" at least do you have plans on making it somehow better?

@"kraai.7265" said:Do you guys remember anet totally killed chrono a while ago?Now that we have a new team leader on balance, and communication is flowing again, why aren't we getting any response to the countless feedback asking for anet to take back this awful changes?Are you watching the decay of players using chrono on every game mode?If you won't take it back to how it was pre "rework" at least do you have plans on making it somehow better?

Chronos design is toxic and is holding back mesmer, F4 desigh wise is a mistake, chronophantasma is even bigger one.Immagine how many phantasm ideas could come to fruition if something as retarded as F4 and chronophantasma didnt exist?We have 0 good phantasms on utility slots, why? pecouse chrono with phantasma can use them 8 times over.Just look at pvphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Defender50s cd. 1s taunt. ITS UTTER GARBAGE.why its like that? becouse someone can have bright idea of making condi chrono with phantasma, and have single use taunt for 3s instead, reset it with f4 for another 3s.every meserm =1s chrono? 6s. disenchanter?5 boon rip 1s casttime. its baaad. but cant be buffed, becouse chrono with phantasma will abuse it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"kraai.7265" said:Do you guys remember anet totally killed chrono a while ago?Now that we have a new team leader on balance, and communication is flowing again, why aren't we getting any response to the countless feedback asking for anet to take back this awful changes?Are you watching the decay of players using chrono on every game mode?If you won't take it back to how it was pre "rework" at least do you have plans on making it somehow better?

Chronos design is toxic and is holding back mesmer, F4 desigh wise is a mistake, chronophantasma is even bigger one.Immagine how many phantasm ideas could come to fruition if something as kitten as F4 and chronophantasma didnt exist?We have 0 good phantasms on utility slots, why? pecouse chrono with phantasma can use them 8 times over.Just look at pvp
50s cd. 1s taunt. ITS UTTER GARBAGE.why its like that? becouse someone can have bright idea of making condi chrono with phantasma, and have single use taunt for 3s instead, reset it with f4 for another 3s.every meserm =1s chrono? 6s. disenchanter?5 boon rip 1s casttime. its baaad. but cant be buffed, becouse chrono with phantasma will abuse it.

A have to agree 100% People always point to Mirage but the fact is the balance issues that have caused core to suffer for so long and also in many ways limited what could be done to balance mesmer was always the chronic balance issues caused by chronophantasma, CS and danger time + chrono's ability to slow opponents. For ages this made it so that when Chrono was "balanced" core had to suffer; It made it so that damage had to be shifted from phants in the first place which is why clone spam has become basically essential.

@Levetty.1279 said:Chrono has been effectively deleted and people are still whining that it is too strong. This community is terrible.

not quite, simply pointing out that chrono's traits and anets original intentions (back when lw4 was rolling out) was to preserve chronophants dominance which lead to balance changes that overall where bad. Bad because they did things like nerf phants, and weapon damage to avoid just balancing chrono. In my opinion this started a long trend that has lead Mesmer to the point that its at now.

I think Mesmer balance should have been done in ways that didn't kill build options for core. However, the way chrono's could crank out phants caused anet to nerf phants and move us all to use clones, caused them to nerf the base damage on weapons, etc. That is the point of what I said, the fact that chrono isnt played now isn't relevant

Nice! an entire week since the post is up and no answer from any dev.... I see nothing has changed... as usual, im sure if this was about some bug on those stupid capes of the gem store this would be different story...EAnet you manage to dissapoint me even further, job well done guys! Nice to see how much you care about a 5 years old customer...

@Odik.4587 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Something might happen in the next 5 years.The game is on maintenance mode alrdy, what 5 years? (are you still playing?:D)

You're right, I meant 10 years as a fan project once it gets shelved or handed to public domain. xD

Currently not playing, but looking forward to Snowball Mayhem from tuesday - easily best ever game mode in gw2.

hmm i think im going to change my stance i don't think except maybe dodgy pu that mesmers are really a problem in power. The one mesmer build i saw with GS is open and visible and exposed, condi is whats nasty condi anything.

Even then that same condi mesmer i faced was exposed to the world and a good dps class would probably destroy them.

@Axl.8924 said:hmm i think im going to change my stance i don't think except maybe dodgy pu that mesmers are really a problem in power. The one mesmer build i saw with GS is open and visible and exposed, condi is whats nasty condi anything.

Even then that same condi mesmer i faced was exposed to the world and a good dps class would probably destroy them.

I dont know what you mean, legit didnt understand a sentence. Can you repeat what you mean more clearly ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:hmm i think im going to change my stance i don't think except maybe dodgy pu that mesmers are really a problem in power. The one mesmer build i saw with GS is open and visible and exposed, condi is whats nasty condi anything.

I dont know what you mean, legit didnt understand a sentence. Can you repeat what you mean more clearly ?

I was thinking about the fight i had a tough fight condi mes condi weaver condi guard and i think i hate condis more than anything I have ever faced.

I would rather fight power mes over condi anything, because condi classes just spaw mass filth and destroys too many people too fast in SPVP.

Last time i also faced this mes it wasn't too horrible to fight.

I think i understand why everyone wants condis to disappear, its just unnatural to put out that much condi that kills you so fast you cannot realistically react.

I have had games in SPVP where on my druid there were too many condis to cleanse en masse and spammed. I can understand in WVW you got a lot of people but 1 person should not be allowed to spam that much in spvp that you cannot deal with it, and its definitely burn thats the worse offender here EG weavers guards.

I was also playing as a heal druid hybrid,

@gannondorf.7628 said:I liked the way they reworked chrono shatters, more thematically adapted.Its not true at all. Its the same old F1-f2-f3 with no change at all, minor negligible effect added to it. F1 based on having slow to increase the damage... without a way to consistently to apply slow, especially pvp/wvw.But why have they remove the personnal shatter on F1 is beyond me… . Make illusionnary persona back!Ye, big F for chrono without actually reworking shatters and adapting traits/clones for its change :)

@gannondorf.7628 said:I liked the way they reworked chrono shatters, more thematically adapted. Also the f5 continuum split was pure power creep so having just 4 shatter would make it more in tune with base/mirage. But why have they remove the personnal shatter on F1 is beyond me… . Make illusionnary persona back!

This is the thing - I also like their attempt to differentiate the shatters, also aesthatically with new visuals and sound effects.

But this being an iterative process... well the rate of iteration is on par with the life cycle of stars.