LS2 Mordremoth: after years this horrible build-up continue.

ugrakarma.9416

i created a new charac. and then I replayed the LS2, i had forgeted about this, the commander coming with the name of Mordremoth from nowhere:

Speaking with Marjory DelaquaMarjory Delaqua: I feel like the whole world is falling out from under us.Commander: I think we all feel that way. We've got a new dragon to contend with.Marjory Delaqua: Nothing will ever be the same.Commander: No. It won't. Mordremoth did this. And it's only just starting.Kasmeer Meade: M-M-M-Mordremoth? (hic)Marjory Delaqua: Raises the stakes to a whole new level of awful, doesn't it?Kasmeer Meade: Gods, we need a plan. What are we going to do?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet%27s_Secret_Room

A cheap fix to this, would be put a note, book or everything on this scarlet room, with a map marking Mordremoth possible location with his name... and the dialogue with marjorie itsnt voiced, so will be not hard to fix it too.

• Like 1

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:i created a new charac. and then I replayed the LS2, i had forgeted about this, the commander coming with the name of Mordremoth from nowhere:

Speaking with Marjory DelaquaMarjory Delaqua: I feel like the whole world is falling out from under us.Commander: I think we all feel that way. We've got a new dragon to contend with.Marjory Delaqua: Nothing will ever be the same.Commander: No. It won't.
Mordremoth did this.
And it's only just starting.Kasmeer Meade: M-M-M-Mordremoth? (hic)Marjory Delaqua: Raises the stakes to a whole new level of awful, doesn't it?Kasmeer Meade: Gods, we need a plan. What are we going to do?

A cheap fix to this, would be put a note, book or everything on this scarlet room, with a map marking Mordremoth possible location with his name... and the dialogue with marjorie itsnt voiced, so will be not hard to fix it too.

Ah, yes, that blunder. Bobby's probably still shaking his head over it. No one is ever going to fix that, you know. The delivery broke immersion completely.

@"Stephen.6312" said:Ah, yes, that blunder. Bobby's probably still shaking his head over it. No one is ever going to fix that, you know. The delivery broke immersion completely.

i even checked if the name was bring before in LS1, nothing, the best we have is a dialogue where is mentioned the "possibility" of Scarlet trying awake the other dragons, then Jormag, Primordus and Kralky are mentioned.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Stephen.6312" said:Ah, yes, that blunder. Bobby's probably still shaking his head over it. No one is ever going to fix that, you know. The delivery broke immersion completely.

i even checked if the name was bring before in LS1, nothing, the best we have is a dialogue where is mentioned the "possibility" of Scarlet trying awake the other dragons, then Jormag, Primordus and Kralky are mentioned.

It was brought up in the original ending of Season 1, the rendition where Marjory dies and Taimi was gallivanting about on the Breachmaker (causing a separation of proto-Dragon's Watch which put Marjory in a vulnerable situation, and they decided to go with the name Destiny's Orphans). You can hear some of the original ending here.

But the fact they changed the ending, and forgot the new ending didn't mention Mordremoth, was a major oversight leading to this issue.

Also, all the Elder Dragons were awake by GW2, except for Mordremoth. That's why the other Elder Dragons are mentioned - even the DSD gets mentioned here and there, just not by name, in the core game. Beyond that, it's "six Elder Dragons". So we already knew of Mordremoth, we just didn't know its name (unless you knew of Subject Alpha's skill names). Basically, the only Elder Dragon Scarlet could wake up, was the Elder Plant Dragon.

• Like 1

For the record, the Commander was already familiar with Mordremoth. Keep in mind that Crucible of Eternity was part of the Personal Story, and then we go back to it several times in the explorable, and the weapons developed there were used against Zhaitan.

This included some research on Modremoth, whose energy was integrated into several champions we fight. We literally get hit by several attacks from the Jungle Dragon's power, have them named in the combat log, and there's even a hero point area in CoE that is dedicated to researching Modremoth's minions, curiously populated by Sylvari seed turrets

On top of this, the "Dwarven Tome" we recovered during a key Pact mission specifically contained information on the Elder Dragons. I don't remember the details, but the tome is kept within the Priory and contributed alot to the Pact's advantage.

More information:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:For the record, the Commander was already familiar with Mordremoth.

Yes, but the issue is that the players were never exposed to Mordremoth's name. Unless we delved into combat logs of a very specific boss. There was never any dialogue talking about Mordremoth.

Even Crucible of Eternity - both story and explorable - never actually mention Mordremoth's name. They just have some plant creatures, which doesn't tell much beyond the first domain of the sixth Elder Dragon. Even though we were exposed to the name "Mordremoth" we have zero indication that it was the DSD's name, the plant dragon's name, or some all together separate entity's name.

Not until Season 2's abrupt method of bringing it up.

Point is: No one is disputing the fact the characters would know the name. What's disliked is how the name comes out of nowhere, in a manner that acts as if players are expected to have known the name all along.