What are your ideas to reduce toxicity?

Zexanima.7851

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Eliminate all chat except team. In team after match starts you can only use basic words like home far near mid. Before match starts where you can discuss builds etc

They did that in RF Online it actually made customers more toxic and hateful.. Also people would attack others after the matches.

Personally my view would be to remove pvp completely, not popular view i know, but cannot be toxic if its no longer there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dante.1508 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Eliminate all chat except team. In team after match starts you can only use basic words like home far near mid. Before match starts where you can discuss builds etc

They did that in RF Online it actually made customers more toxic and hateful.. Also people would attack others after the matches.

Personally my view would be to remove pvp completely, not popular view i know, but cannot be toxic if its no longer there.

Removing the gamemode we love would just end in that anet will Loose every play that plays pvp

Pve and WvW are boring

My fav way of dealing with it...beat those who are producing toxicity. Knock em down a peg or 2. Couldn't tell ya how many times someone was toxic to me, I turned it around and after 2, maybe 3 more beat downs, i never saw them again.

If they come back again after and brought enough to outnumber, for "security", it makes me giggle and know that I have ultimately won and they look more pathetic, which is actually counter productive to their cause (which makes it more ironic)

You have to be a verified postgraduate student with 100% transparent genuine profiles detailing where they live and where they work in order to queue for sPvP and use the PvP subsection of the forums.

Every downvote you put on them in the forums has the potential to destroy their real-life social reputation forever.

The forum collective will then deem such a person unworthy of the communistic crowd, and the player is then exiled with the tasteful majority decision of furious retribution for virtual, perceived slight in a competitive mode made to offend.

! Just be more open and interactive with sanctions and bans.!! MMOs are tricky in that you have lots of players not really ready for the harsh world of competitive kids. Unlike true e-sports games. So you need to have things leaning more to the fun than the competitive side. Which is why we have these posts.!! So enforcing better online manners requires quite a bit of tact that a team of devs are not trained for.