December World Linking Update

Cal Cohen.2358

@fatal.8275 said:I hope next relink puts vabbi with another English speaking server all our commanders are German text and speaking for last few links ?

Every time at relinking the hope of getting an own language link, instead of trying to establish own commanders - very well, self owned ;)Most germans will have no problem at following an english lead. So english speaking vabbi players incl. some german players that understands english also should be zerg.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys would be here an hour after relinks crying how bad links or matchups are anyways, regardless of when they did it.

Real question you should be asking, if they're moving this as a convenience factor since relinks are done manually still and they don't want the holidays interfering, alliances is suppose to be automated, why would they need to change it beyond this holiday season when by next one it wouldn't matter since automated...... right?

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:They messed up NA relinks last year, so it's understandable, but I know many people are getting bored with T1 EU and how stacked Blacktide is compared to other links even though it's classified as Medium, so another month is bleh.

excuse me I have been out of the loop for a while......

BLACKTIDE?! STACKED?! when did this happen xD

@XenesisII.1540 said:You guys would be here an hour after relinks crying how bad links or matchups are anyways, regardless of when they did it.

Real question you should be asking, if they're moving this as a convenience factor since relinks are done manually still and they don't want the holidays interfering, alliances is suppose to be automated, why would they need to change it beyond this holiday season when by next one it wouldn't matter since automated...... right?

Many can’t think past today.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:They messed up NA relinks last year, so it's understandable, but I know many people are getting bored with T1 EU and how stacked Blacktide is compared to other links even though it's classified as Medium, so another month is bleh.

Well, when we were linked with Blacktide at the start it was dead, but since then more and more players transferred there, as Deso has still got a decently organized WvW Community compared to alot of servers, with a decent amount of Open tag commanders who use voice comms.

At first the influx of players and Guilds wasn't too bad until now. Obviously with us winning T1 every week by alot of points, quite a few pugs also transfer in for the 'glory' and reward', as it's only 500 gems to Blacktide.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:You guys would be here an hour after relinks crying how bad links or matchups are anyways, regardless of when they did it.

No?As written multiple times. There has been a lot of drama specially around this re-link, that have left servers like Piken empty and servers like Blacktide full. A lot of people were waiting for re-link because it would have balanced these extreme situations out.

I really do not understand your real question. Why would they need to move relinks after holidays, if the next one might be automated? Really not sure if you are asking some deep stuff that I do not know about, or if just this alliances stuff. If alliances, obviously it would matter if game mode actually died out before next christmas? (not the bs kind of died out, but the kind were people legit did not wvw anymore, but only used it for karma/exp train)

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

Well, when we were linked with Blacktide at the start it was dead, but since then more and more players transferred there, as Deso has still got a decently organized WvW Community compared to alot of servers, with a decent amount of Open tag commanders who use voice comms.

At first the influx of players and Guilds wasn't too bad until now. Obviously with us winning T1 every week by alot of points, quite a few pugs also transfer in for the 'glory' and reward', as it's only 500 gems to Blacktide.

Oh I see.....

Altho I find it kind of saddening that being linked to a "proper" server got blacktide more wvw players than months if not years of effort of most of blacktide active wvw guilds at the time.... :/

@zengara.8301 said:

No?As written multiple times. There has been a lot of drama specially around this re-link, that have left servers like Piken empty and servers like Blacktide full. A lot of people were waiting for re-link because it would have balanced these extreme situations out.

I really do not understand your real question. Why would they need to move relinks after holidays, if the next one might be automated? Really not sure if you are asking some deep stuff that I do not know about, or if just this alliances stuff. If alliances, obviously it would matter if game mode actually died out before next christmas? (not the bs kind of died out, but the kind were people legit did not wvw anymore, but only used it for karma/exp train)

I don’t have a question. It was clearly a statement as evidenced by the lack of a ‘?’.

There is drama around every relink. It just faces different servers.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You guys would be here an hour after relinks crying how bad links or matchups are anyways, regardless of when they did it.

I don’t have a question. It was clearly a statement as evidenced by the lack of a ‘?’.

There is drama around every relink. It just faces different servers.

Yeah, I meant real question to the:"Real question you should be asking, if they're moving this as a convenience factor since relinks are done manually still and they don't want the holidays interfering, alliances is suppose to be automated, why would they need to change it beyond this holiday season when by next one it wouldn't matter since automated...... right?"

This re-link is a bit more extreme, 1 server is basically dead and the other had like 100 points ahead of only ppt server and hardcore night server

That was the real question...Now wonder about it, if alliances which are automated and maybe out next year, there's no need to move relink date after this holiday since it shouldn't be problem for the next one holiday because of the automation, unless alliances maybe getting delayed beyond next holiday...

If they didn't want to run into another relink screw up from last year which couldn't be fixed right away because people were away on holidays, then they could have done the relink last friday instead and fix whatever this week if needed. Holiday time also probably screws up the activity hours since a lot of people are not playing the game or doing the winterfest event, and trying to relink first week in jan based on the previous 3-4 weeks which were heavily hit with that situation isn't good either. So probably why it's end of jan so they can use jan data to make appropriate links.

Again, doesn't matter when they relink someone is going to be in here the first hour and complain about it anyways, both sides might as well suck it up and get it over with.

@Mil.3562Nobody cares if you quit.

There are things called Christmas and New Years holidays and people have off... Believe it or not, the devs are really human beings who might like to enjoy the holidays with their family and friends, and are given time off by the company. The devs are not robotic slaves who need to take orders from whining people who can't wait a month on things... And it makes most sense to do next month bc there will be staff on hand if there are issues, unlike around the once per year holiday time when anet is probably closed up...

@XenesisII.1540 said:That was the real question...Now wonder about it, if alliances which are automated and maybe out next year, there's no need to move relink date after this holiday since it shouldn't be problem for the next one holiday because of the automation, unless alliances maybe getting delayed beyond next holiday...

If they didn't want to run into another relink screw up from last year which couldn't be fixed right away because people were away on holidays, then they could have done the relink last friday instead and fix whatever this week if needed. Holiday time also probably screws up the activity hours since a lot of people are not playing the game or doing the winterfest event, and trying to relink first week in jan based on the previous 3-4 weeks which were heavily hit with that situation isn't good either. So probably why it's end of jan so they can use jan data to make appropriate links.

Again, doesn't matter when they relink someone is going to be in here the first hour and complain about it anyways, both sides might as well suck it up and get it over with.

Interesting take on it, but basically what Mil wrote. It simply does not matter what happens before next christmas, if the game mode is dead (WvW turning to some sort of karma/exp train) Since last month I have seen some pretty incredible players leave the game all together (top 5 cleansing/strips). I mean it is good that you are thinking ahead about alliances (personally I can not even see how it would change the current situation), but I think that delaying this re-link is a heavy hit. I might be wrong though, I guess we will see

The transfers should be closed 4 weeks after re-link or so expensive that people really have to think twice before transfering. I already know what is happening after the re-link in january and I'm not at all interested in that.Meanwhile I sit on two completely dead servers linked to dead German server hosts. That's fun... not.

@gebrechen.5643 said:The transfers should be closed 4 weeks after re-link or so expensive that people really have to think twice before transfering. I already know what is happening after the re-link in january and I'm not at all interested in that.Meanwhile I sit on two completely dead servers linked to dead German server hosts. That's fun... not.

Or almost dead Piken. They lost a lot of players.

Alliances will make it worse. They will kill wvw for good.

All the so called 'fight' guilds will stuck together, face roll every other group a couple of times, which then stop login in. Then these bandwaggoners-now-allies will complain about 'no fights' and 'Dead game' and it will be over.

To fix wvw, randomly put people on servers, let them transfer once. If too many high hour guilds are on one server, take one or two off.

That would be the only fix.

But the bandwaggoners would make such a fuss, I doubt it is worth it.

Lovely a communication that they are doing something later , just like all the other stuff they are doing later ,like Alliances, Balance Patch later, and because they cannot be bothered to do relinks we have to suffer more ffs , why do they not just come out and say we do not have a clue how to fix this mess we will refund you and move on. Another ban coming I can feel it in my water that won't come later lol.