Its time to replace Taimi with Councillor Phlunt — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Its time to replace Taimi with Councillor Phlunt

ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

Let's end this nonsense of carrying a child in a guild of inconsequential adventurers(Commander), addicteds to gambling (Canach), and alcoholics (Marjorie).
With the radio thing, councillor Phlunt can help us without leaving Rata Sum.
I bet he would be a better addition to the Dragons Watch guild.

Kill Taimi offscreen and let the old wise one inherit all her research assets.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Phlunt would be an awesome member of the group. He'd be even more snarky than Canach!

I never had an issue with Taimi, but yeah I'm on board with this suggestion now

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Loesh.4697Loesh.4697 Member ✭✭✭

Does drinking one ale make you an alcoholic now?

This episode started with one of our other team members vomiting most of his internal organs into a bucket after guzzling Charr booze.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Loesh.4697 said:
    Does drinking one ale make you an alcoholic now?

This episode started with one of our other team members vomiting most of his internal organs into a bucket after guzzling Charr booze.

And it was Braham, freaking Norn. It's the canon Norn drink alcohol xD

Braham, not Jory** @op

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Replace whinemaster Braham with Phlunt. Make Canach+Rytlock+Phlunt mandatory characters in every episode. Enjoy over the top levels of snark and cynism.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Replace whinemaster Braham with Phlunt. Make Canach+Rytlock+Phlunt mandatory characters in every episode. Enjoy over the top levels of snark and cynism.

Only if he grows some red tufts on his otherwise balding melon.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019

Can we just replace the entire guild with heroes or henchman of our choosing? I mean, I am the commander and it's supposed to be my guild. I would be ok with a system like in Gw1 where I can choose who I want to go do story stuff with. This would be a tremendous QoL improvement.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Ice Brood Saga would be abbreviated as IBS, which also stands for irritable bowel syndrome?

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

edited December 12, 2019

@Ubi.4136 said:
    has anyone else noticed that the Ice Brood Saga would be abbreviated as IBS

It's usually abbreviated as LS5.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

But, it isn't living season 5, they've said as much. Now they are doing sagas. This one is IBS (imo).

Edit: checking now I guess anet would abbreviate it TIS, since they have it as The Icebrood Saga (didn't think of Ice Brood as one word).
    My bad.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• @Ubi.4136 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

But, it isn't living season 5, they've said as much. Now they are doing sagas. This one is IBS (imo).

Edit: checking now I guess anet would abbreviate it TIS, since they have it as The Icebrood Saga (didn't think of Ice Brood as one word).
    My bad.

They actually do abbreviate it as LS5 with file names. The whole "saga" thing isn't redefining Living World Seasons - despite the PAX announcement's skit - but is just the name for Season 5, just as Season 1 is given the name "Scarlet's War"; Season 6 is named "The Icebrood Saga".

I don't remember the exact image, but one of the promotional content for Whisper in the Dark from Anet had "ls5-" abbreviation to it.

All these squares make a circle.

edited December 13, 2019

@Ubi.4136 said:

Remember them saying LS5 would have expansion-like features?
    These include:
    a new variant of mastery points,
    a new way of playing PvE (Strike Missions)
    AND drum roll having a name.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Replace whinemaster Braham with Phlunt. Make Canach+Rytlock+Phlunt mandatory characters in every episode. Enjoy over the top levels of snark and cynism.

and don't forget about Kas that will whine all the time that she misses Jory. :D

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Shes start the LS5 prologue tring finding a beer, and if im not wrong the LS1 shes was at a tavern in first time appeareance cinematic. my guess shes a addicted in disguise.

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    On a different note: have we ever known Marjory to be drunk? Braham, certainly, but I can't remember any of the rest of our current crew getting hammered.

Shes start the LS5 prologue tring finding a beet, and if im not wrong the LS1 shes was at a tavern in first time appeareance cinametic. my guess shes a addicted in disguise.

I realize the "beet" is a typo... but an incredibly funny one. Imagine getting a drinking habit from beet juice.

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

My bad.

Icebrood saga is just the name. It’s done for marketing and thematic immersion since saga sounds cool for the area we are in. It is still LS5

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019

I want to kill Taimi but only because she is surely now in the terminal phase of a debilitating disease since it went worse for a long time now... The joke was long enough, let that poor asura die, at this point it's almost a dead body talking. It really looks like she has a kind of "Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy" disease or a nervous system atrophy.
    I kinda agree with Phlunt, it seems to be a clever guy, that kinda strange he hasn't found Taimi lab a lab which has a door with a DRAGON drawn on it. Like he can't bring a laser cannon or golems to break the door? Well and we have gorrik, Taimi surely shared several data with him, so in case Taimi die, the story can simply continue with Gorrik-Phlunt duo. Will be as good as with Taimi. It's not that I hate her, but in that case, don't state she has a kind of debilating disease. (Reminder: Already hinted at rata primus LS4E2 where Taimi states Blish has the chance of being a golem)
    Should I also mention that, we have 0 news from Rata Novus since an asuran guide and ALL THE COUNCILLORS have visited it?

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    Phlunt, on the other hand? The blowhard that Taimi ran circles around for more than a year, the one who has shown himself to be manifestly more interested in taking credit for Taimi's discoveries than doing anything remotely useful himself? If Taimi's too young to make useful contributions, why would we want someone who just plagiarizes her work?

Do we have any proof that he claims credit for her inventions?
    All official statements I know of is that he is taking care of her inventions until she can properly claim ownership of them, as that seems to be the usual thing to do in Asuran society.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

No thanks, Phlunt is a royal jerk.. if I had to deal with him on a daily basis I'd consider using him to re-enact the death of Snaff with a real Elder Dragon.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    Phlunt, on the other hand? The blowhard that Taimi ran circles around for more than a year, the one who has shown himself to be manifestly more interested in taking credit for Taimi's discoveries than doing anything remotely useful himself? If Taimi's too young to make useful contributions, why would we want someone who just plagiarizes her work?

All official statements I know of is that he is taking care of her inventions until she can properly claim ownership of them, as that seems to be the usual thing to do in Asuran society.

It was one of those exchanges where the tone was as meaningful as the text. The timing (he only seemed to care about the 'proper procedure' after he'd seen it in use for herself), the insults, the threats, and the whole 'you're on your own with Mordremoth unless you do this for me' all would indicate something more than a legal concern for Taimi's best interests.

The argument could, and probably should, be made that something as vital as the waypoint recalibration shouldn't be left to an unsupervised progeny, but that's beside the point here. Instead of doing any research or working towards a solution of his own, Phlunt sat back for weeks while Taimi did her thing, then confiscated her device as soon as it was proven functional. Even if we were to take him at his word over Taimi and Zojja, and believe that he didn't intend to claim the credit himself, that's still not a promising first impression.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• @Fueki.4753 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

It's indirectly stated by Zojja during Reunion with the Pact:

Zojja: I got an earful from Taimi after her run-in with Phlunt.
    -> Phlunt is an...interesting individual.
    You're in a polite mood today. I'm more likely to say Phlunt is an interesting insect. But, I do appreciate your effort. You needn't worry. Everyone who matters knows the device is Taimi's invention.
    X. That's as it should be.
    -> Phlunt's handicap is greater than Taimi's. He was born without a heart.
    It's true. He has the empathy of a rat. If it soothes you at all, he also has the brains of a rat, and he hasn't been able to reverse engineer Taimi's device. Everyone knows it's her invention.
    X. That makes me feel better.
    -> He should be taken out behind his lab and shot.
    I'm beginning to see how you feel about him. Unfortunately, he's within his rights according to college tradition. As a student, Taimi owns none of what she invents. Everyone knows it's hers, though.
    X. Then I say it's time for traditions to change.

TL;DR, as dean of Taimi's college, he took credit and legal licensing for it. He attempted to reverse engineer it, but couldn't. Despite taking public credit under school rights, people are fully aware it was Taimi's work.

@anninke.7469 said:
    I realize the "beet" is a typo... but an incredibly funny one. Imagine getting a drinking habit from beet juice.

rofl...., :p
    i edited it lolz.

edited December 14, 2019

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

That's exactly what would make it very hilarious, our team is full of too much "talented people", the grumpy old man would make things more interesting, like was his participation in Flash Point.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    On a more serious note, though- complaints that our guild is irresponsible for bringing Taimi along go all the way back to her introduction seven years ago, but honestly, the case has weakened substantially since then.

in really i was a bit joking about it, im replaying LS2, the thing about Taimi being underage is is brought up, and is mitigated by her riding a robot(then technically more protected than the rest of the team), and Phulunt comments to the commander that he feels more relieved to see that she is hanging out with adults.

• @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    Let's end this nonsense of carrying a child in a guild of inconsequential adventurers(Commander), addicteds to gambling (Canach), and alcoholics (Marjorie).
    With the radio thing, councillor Phlunt can help us without leaving Rata Sum.
    I bet he would be a better addition to the Dragons Watch guild.

Kill Taimi offscreen and let the old wise one inherit all her research assets.

This. Taimi always felt like Anet's attempt to give us another, much less offensive, Scarlet. It smacks of a new attempt to market an old concept: a know-it-all, or would-be know-it-all, who can ease our discomfort as we learn about the 2ply toilet paper on which development wrote their lore and story.

Bring in Phlunt. I want sadistic, camp humor that mocks everything in the game and provides commentary on other franchises. It's about time my sides were smarting from more than Taimi's awkward hugs.

• Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

I prefer Gorrik; at least he knows what's going on and is intelligent enough to carry on her work. But, they are likely going to turn her into a golem like Blish.

@Gryphon.2875 said:
    I prefer Gorrik; at least he knows what's going on and is intelligent enough to carry on her work. But, they are likely going to turn her into a golem like Blish.

But dragons are no bugs, so I doubt Gorrik would be all that much of a helper.

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Gryphon.2875 said:

He did good work with the skyscales. And, before that, handling Pact logistics. He's not entirely a one-trick pony.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

That said, Gorrik could no doubt replace Taimi should they decide to kill her off via illness.Which I think they should do, not because I dislike her, but because it'd be a logical route for her character's story, and it would be nice to have a character death that isn't a) off-screen or b) during intense combat situations.

Sure, they could pull a MIG or have Aurene brand her, but why stuff in some nonesense when we have an ever-growing cast of characters as is, and a unique death scene potential?

I actually like Taimi, but a good death bed scene with her, a well executed bitter sweet moment? I would like that. A last good bye. Everyone who cares surrounding her. Then waiting..... realisation.... sobbing.

That would be a good end and would make the cast much more manageable.

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Sure, they could pull a MIG or have Aurene brand her, but why stuff in some nonesense when we have an ever-growing cast of characters as is, and a unique death scene potential?

I do think they'll at least try to put her in a golem like what happened with Blish (the most reasonable alternative option imo), but whether or not she agrees and the procedure is successful depends on if Anet wants to keep her in the story or not and could go either way at this point.

• Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Gryphon.2875 said:

He did good work with the skyscales. And, before that, handling Pact logistics. He's not entirely a one-trick pony.

IMO, he was too effective during Dragonfall. Where he was the one who invented and tested - with live field assistants - the various brandstorm disruptors and ley-line redirectors to help expose Kralkatorrik.

He shouldn't be a one-trick pony, but his specialty is insects. So how quickly he managed to figure out the ley line and brandstorm stuff was weird and immersion breaking to me. Felt just like typical "asura solve all problems".

That said, Gorrik could no doubt replace Taimi should they decide to kill her off via illness.Which I think they should do, not because I dislike her, but because it'd be a logical route for her character's story, and it would be nice to have a character death that isn't a) off-screen or b) during intense combat situations.

Aurene branding her is something I hadn't considered. 😕