Why do so few people care about figthing?

Sansar.1302

@Liston.9708 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:What pisses me off is people from my own server who will not step outside when there is 5 enemy using a cata on a wall.Just yesterday before few hours from reset this happened, i know that the other 2 teams can't catch us in points, but just fight.Worse thing was i managed to get couple down and went down myself, all they could have down is just atleast mount stomp them.But no, they just stand and hug walls.

It the pippers just want to repair for participation....... sad, but I’ve seen it as well.

I repair for pips but its only when the enemy isn't being aggressive enough, since I mostly defend, build, and patrol. I only go to enemy objectives in small groups, and since most players follow the commander's blob that's a little rare.

I find myself joining the blob more and more lately just to have anyone to play with.

Even when occasionally roaming on my own, its hard to keep pips up without repairing or such, the timer is just too low for encounter frequency. Maybe its better in the larger servers since even my host server is down to T2 now, but I don't know. And sure one could just not care about the rewards but that also makes WvW quickly lead to burnout due to focusing entirely on fighting for nothing for hours on end.

This is the problem with WvW itself lacking an end-game in general, that chest is all I have to look forward to.

Imagine if fights actually lead to something.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:What pisses me off is people from my own server who will not step outside when there is 5 enemy using a cata on a wall.Just yesterday before few hours from reset this happened, i know that the other 2 teams can't catch us in points, but just fight.Worse thing was i managed to get couple down and went down myself, all they could have down is just atleast mount stomp them.But no, they just stand and hug walls.

You didn't really lose anything though, and you got to fight. Just run back, fight some more. It's probably fair to assume that if someone wasn't willing to jump off the wall, they would have been a liability if they had . . .

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:You guys are seeing things from a fight oriented roamer perspective.You guys roam for challenging solo / small scale fights. That’s all good.

But we got to see things from the other side. Scouts especially roam not to engage in solo / small scale fights as his primary purpose. They defend camps, structures and call out enemy positions as their main goal.

Their goal is to survive and delay or kill the enemy with whatever means possible. And if it means running from you until he outnumbers you, then he would do it.

At least that’s what I do when I scout and defend places =D

I will run and shout for help in chat until my allies come then I turn and gank the enemy.

And sometimes our builds are not for solo fights so...This is my fight oriented roamer...if you meet him, he is looking for fights...but I have 20 other Necro toons and they're all fun theme builds so if you meet them, just know that I'll run until I outnumber you =D

qnJt8at.gif

I should have realized you are more into RP than WvW.

If anyone remembers from the good ol days... This guy seemed to care the most. Still don't get it, but am thankful for the laughs.Anyways, I may as well reverse the question and ask "Why should anyone care about fighting (especially with WvW's status as it is today)?"

To me, this is just musical keeps (without the music) running around in circles till you've had your fill, but not having actually achieved anything more from where we've begin (because we will just rinse and repeat without a almost necessary call to action to try to win). Conflict, regarding player against player, only seems to exist because we can choose to make it happen. Not because WvW initially/ultimately entice's us to do so... And that's my issue with WvW. Really, WvW just lacks substance and therefore meaning in my eyes. Therefore, no "care to fight" can exist for me because I'm not well enticed to do so. I will be better enticed to participate before fighting a player is one way to look at it. However, Enjoy WvW if you do... Fair warning, I just probably won't get why given what I've said, but more power to you if that's the case B)

I blame mounts giving people the option to opt out of fights easier and the fact anet cant balance worth a kitten so they dont wanted fight unless the odds are heavy in their favor. I mean theres so many skills that pull u,hold u in place while ur insta burst, aoe condi garbage etc etc, the anet designed skills that are almost impossible to balance so it's not entirely the balance teams fault.

@crepuscular.9047 said:fighting? i think you mean ganking? having 3-5 guys chasing you around is not exactly fun

That is what kills the fun, most ppl will swarm you down with as many as possible, cant relate to that at all.Many servers also form gank squads even if they only play against soloers :(They are so afraid you gonna get a kill, actually worse if you solo roam on a necro (or anything not meta roamer) get a kill or two then they ALWAYS form a gank squad.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:fighting? i think you mean ganking? having 3-5 guys chasing you around is not exactly funWhatever do you mean?

youtube video

exactly the sort of behaviour that's turning the newcomers away from the game mode

@Anput.4620 said:And this is the reason mounts need deletion from existence, just toxic situations, thats all it creates.

not really the mount is the issue, it's anet bow down to the whining from the roamers and added lancing

was perfectly fine without lance, if roamers meets roamers, they dismount and fight each other, they whining because they can no longer conduct their anti-social behaviours

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:fighting? i think you mean ganking? having 3-5 guys chasing you around is not exactly funWhatever do you mean?

youtube video

exactly the sort of behaviour that's turning the newcomers away from the game mode

@Anput.4620 said:And this is the reason mounts need deletion from existence, just toxic situations, thats all it creates.

not really the mount is the issue, it's anet bow down to the whining from the roamers and added lancing

was perfectly fine without lance, if roamers meets roamers, they dismount and fight each other, they whining because they can no longer conduct their anti-social behaviours

Anti-social behavior? In a game mode designed to pit players against each other? Surely not ! ! !

There were problems before mounts, there were problems after the introduction of mounts, and there are problems now that the dismount skill has been introduced. Players just need to be able to adapt to the existing ruleset . . .

I will say that the current state of things is better than either of the previous two, however . . .

@Anput.4620 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:fighting? i think you mean ganking? having 3-5 guys chasing you around is not exactly funWhatever do you mean?

And this is the reason mounts need deletion from existence, just toxic situations, thats all it creates.

And there is no way a heavy hitting class and heavy armor no less should be able to run away like that. Guardians need the most gutting in the game but warriors aren't far behind.. any and all of their mobility skills need to be removed and so does the majority of their invulnerables. It's only a matter of time, and the sooner the better.

The devs added a mechanic that allows players to basically pick and chose their battles in a ow pvp game mode, even still after spear.Weird that it doesn't feel as dynamic or the same in any way really now when playing the mode.They were warned by alot of wvw mains but chose to listen to wvw players that chose zerg/low mobility classes that couldn't see past the band aid fix to their mobility issues that the mounts would result in and the pve'rs who disliked the fact it was a ow pvp mode to begin with lol as the mounts make it feel that much more pve like.They got their wish and I'm betting on wvw population to continue to dwindle with a few pve players joining the mode for a short while to get mount before returning back to pve resulting in zero actual gain in population.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

youtube video

Engagements should be decided by class balance, not some arbitrary function, like every open world PvP game, most of the time when someone engages they should be able to attack or get some heavy damage in some way or another, the only thing is that in this game you don't lose anything if you escape.

Mechanics that promote inactivity are inherently bad.

The only thing i see as anti-social is heavy outnumbers but thats also part of the game.

@Anput.4620 said:Engagements should be decided by class balance, not some arbitrary function, like every open world PvP game, most of the time when someone engages they should be able to attack or get some heavy damage in some way or another, the only thing is that in this game you don't lose anything if you escape.Yeah, skill and tactics should never decide engagements, that would just be ridiculous.

Something to start with would be to remove gift of battle from legendary crafting so all those PvE ppl dont NEED to go to this game mode as clearly dont want to fight second would be to make WvW daily the slowest daily to get not the fastest as many I talk to only come to do a fast daily.Perhaps this would result in a better WvW with players that actually want to be here and play the mode in all from smal scale to blob fight.

@"Sansar.1302" said:Something to start with would be to remove gift of battle from legendary crafting so all those PvE ppl dont NEED to go to this game mode as clearly dont want to fight second would be to make WvW daily the slowest daily to get not the fastest as many I talk to only come to do a fast daily.Perhaps this would result in a better WvW with players that actually want to be here and play the mode in all from smal scale to blob fight.

Sure, let's remove anything that might require/motivate people to get into WvW - I'm sure that will push those numbers!

I mean, it's true - many poof in and out of WvW and will not stay.

But every single player that might stumble into WvW for a daily or a Gift of Battle and goes "oh, that's acutually kinda fun" and ends up staying is a win. And if they don't stay, they do not affected the queue (if there even is one) for very long anyway.

This attitude (many WvWers sadly share) that only "real WvW players" (whatever that's supposed to be) should be on those maps and everyone else should stay out is what actually keeps many players from trying it in the first place...

However, back to topic - interest in fights:This always depends on the situation.

If I am asked to urgently help defending something, I will not stop in my tracks and waste my time with someone who is looking for a 1on1 (which his/her server mates might or might not respect - more likely you'll end up in a 1vX anyway). If I'm defending a camp and pushing Dolyaks, I'm doing exactly that - until you try to hurt my Dolly or take the camp.

If there's nothing else to do and/or I feel like it though - why not? As a roamer, I usually wear the right gear for small scale fights anyway.

But I understand every single zergling traited for group play if they are trying to avoid being fodder for some roamer's ego. -> "Staff Ele (often to be found in some variation of Origami armor) vs. insert roaming build + half decent player(s) here - Gee, I wonder who will win this one...? "

because its not necessary to win. because it is optional. because if your team is bad, you dont want them to lose morale.

wvw is not a fight zone. it is a pve are which allows an option to pk the opposing team.

any newbie, i tell you, if you go zerging. stick with wanderer armor and diviner and durability runes, everything else, you will be useful.

this is the current pug setup that works for all classes thats easy as 1 2 3 bomb.

you're welcome.

you want to win fights. get atleast 35 with this setup. of course u can go minstrel fb scrapper, diviner wanderer alacrity jalis malyx rev, warrior and scourge. you will win. its as easy as 111 but spaming skill 2 and alacrity and quickness and stealth

@Rayti.6531 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:Something to start with would be to remove gift of battle from legendary crafting so all those PvE ppl dont NEED to go to this game mode as clearly dont want to fight second would be to make WvW daily the slowest daily to get not the fastest as many I talk to only come to do a fast daily.Perhaps this would result in a better WvW with players that actually want to be here and play the mode in all from smal scale to blob fight.

Sure, let's remove anything that might require/motivate people to get into WvW - I'm sure that will push those numbers!

I mean, it's true - many poof in and out of WvW and will not stay.

But every single player that might stumble into WvW for a daily or a Gift of Battle and goes "oh, that's acutually kinda fun" and ends up staying is a win. And if they don't stay, they do not affected the queue (if there even is one) for very long anyway.

This attitude (many WvWers sadly share) that only "real WvW players" (whatever that's supposed to be) should be on those maps and everyone else should stay out is what actually keeps many players from trying it in the first place...

I agree as to GoB and similar content that requires players to come and try the mode then decide for themselves whether to stay or go once they have what they need, but I'm with the quoted poster on the idea of making dailies more time consuming. Players coming in just for dailies doesn't really do anyone any good . . .