sooo... 6 months playing and ive learnt GW2 PVP is purely RNG based

Scarybananas.6975

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Skill does matter in a legitimate environment where there is
no metagaming.

However, this is
no longer the case
in GW2 ranked.

If you want to have good competitive games that are fair, make a team and do ATs.

Ranked is such a gamble nowadays, that players who used to be solid plat 2, are now playing between bottom gold 3 and top plat 2, depending on their luck of the queue for the day. In other words, the effect you've mentioned is indeed very real.

I agree that the matchmaking is absolute RNG but there is more then just the meta. It just so that a lot people stopped sharing these on metabattle because1.) If they are really good Arena.NET will nerf them (like happened to my bleed condi ele -.-)2.) Everyone seems an expert these days I know if you are a beginner and have a little clue about your class the build is properly trash but there is a lot of people who know what they are doing and testing it but everytime you have something non-meta and new people going NO NO NO e.gMy shout warrior in pvp => platinStaff weaver in PvE for Sirens Reef #2 dps at the end boss only topped by reaper try to find a build now..The changes in wvw to go with quickness and alac which is indeed meta try to find the wvw built who gives quickness on meta battle..

I also would say the condi builds are to burst like in pvp

Metagaming in that case doesn't mean like playing the builds on metabattle.

Metagaming is players going outside the game itself to seek an advantage within. Most often top players doing everything in their human ability to bring down their chances of being matched against other top players. An exclusive game within the game.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Skill does matter in a legitimate environment where there is
no metagaming.

However, this is
no longer the case
in GW2 ranked.

If you want to have good competitive games that are fair, make a team and do ATs.

Ranked is such a gamble nowadays, that players who used to be solid plat 2, are now playing between bottom gold 3 and top plat 2, depending on their luck of the queue for the day. In other words, the effect you've mentioned is indeed very real.

I agree that the matchmaking is absolute RNG but there is more then just the meta. It just so that a lot people stopped sharing these on metabattle because1.) If they are really good Arena.NET will nerf them (like happened to my bleed condi ele -.-)2.) Everyone seems an expert these days I know if you are a beginner and have a little clue about your class the build is properly trash but there is a lot of people who know what they are doing and testing it but everytime you have something non-meta and new people going NO NO NO e.gMy shout warrior in pvp => platinStaff weaver in PvE for Sirens Reef #2 dps at the end boss only topped by reaper try to find a build now..The changes in wvw to go with quickness and alac which is indeed meta try to find the wvw built who gives quickness on meta battle..

Metagaming is players going outside the game itself to seek an advantage within. Most often top players doing everything in their human ability to bring down their chances of being matched against other top players. An exclusive game within the game.

I was not only talking about metabattle there are also players in my pvp team who started mimi about my build and other e.g a weaver played dagger/ dagger weaver and in wvw people are so conservative with their builds/ public builds they won't listen to you/me

What's the premise here? You're saying you play by different rules than everyone else? Matchmaking only messes with you and nobody else?

Low population, hard counters, stacked teams, etc. We're all dealing with that. Forget the unwinnable matches. It's making a difference when you have the chance to win. That's the difference between climbing and falling.

It just doesn't feel very satisfying when so many games are just a waste of time. But again, we are all dealing with that and better players will climb.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

no metagaming.

However, this is
no longer the case
in GW2 ranked.

I was not only talking about metabattle there are also players in my pvp team who started mimi about my build and other e.g a weaver played dagger/ dagger weaver and in wvw people are so conservative with their builds/ public builds they won't listen to you/me > @Ragnar.4257 said:

People legit think a team of Golds won't get smashed by a team of Legendaries, and that its all just random luck.

/facepalm

No its so what you have on your team and what are up to is random because the algorithm fills the spot when nobody is queueing near your rank. Also what team composition you get is mostly random which can very good and also very bad synergy effects

Its only RNG to a certain extent. I legit silver player's rating might fluctuate between silver and gold, but never reach mid - high plat.Similarly, Legendary players' ratings might change around high plat 2, plat 3 and Leg, but not lower. Skill still matters. And if you always think it is because of the match making, not your mechanical skills or rotation awareness, then you might not be able to improve.

I mean seriously, no matter what class you are playing, try to duel with someone top 100 or higher. You will notice the difference. In a 1v1 environment, a gold 3 - plat 2 thief will never win against Sind, similarly, war cannot 1v1 Boyce, Rev cannot 1v1 Trama. and there are other top players of course.