overall evade up time needs shave

Lighter.5631

Give everyone the exact same sustain if evades are not allowed to be prevalent in low sustain classes.Or just leave as is and learn to cope as people will always cry about something as proven by the pistol whip fiasco. Builds barely mentioned if at all in last few yrs and with no changes happening to it now that more people are trying it hence players dying to it more often NOW it's a problem lmaoSo pathetic but not surprising.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Give everyone the exact same sustain if evades are not allowed to be prevalent in low sustain classes.Or just leave as is and learn to cope as people will always cry about something as proven by the pistol whip fiasco. Builds barely mentioned if at all in last few yrs and with no changes happening to it now that more people are trying it hence players dying to it more often NOW it's a problem lmaoSo pathetic but not surprising.

Yes PW thief wasnt buffed hmmexept swipeand stolen skills interruptand then ALOT of other builds got nerfed, see the point ?

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:I, too, don't want to waste effort in timing my interrupts. They should die while I please so.

One of the main problems is that a lot of the builds that have a lot of evade/block/invulnerability uptime reaching beyond 30 seconds of evade frames and above within the first minute of combat also tend to also be absolutely loaded with stun breaks or ways to get out of danger while stunned.

Daredevil: 2x Stunbreaks with Shadow Step, Roll For Initiative, Can steal to a distant target, Instant Reflexes if Traited.

Mesmer: Blink, Decoy, Desperate Decoy of Traited, Distortion,Mirage: Illusionary Ambush, Jaunt, Dodge While Stun plus core mesmer tools,Spellbreaker: Shake It Off X2, FrenzyFire Weaver: Twist of Fate x2, Obsidian Flesh,Power Herald: Legend Swap, Riposting Shadows, Gaze of Darkness, (Glint Shiro Herald can pop 6x stunbreaks across 25 seconds of combat)

And for all of the above builds except Mesmer and Mirage they are breaking 30 seconds of evade/block/invuln fames through out the first minute of combat, which mirage at least getting fairly close and core mesmer lagging pretty far behind but making it up with very high stealth uptime. Fire Weaver and Pistol Whip Daredevil are getting close to 40 seconds of evade frames per minute of combat.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:I, too, don't want to waste effort in timing my interrupts. They should die while I please so.

One of the main problems is that a lot of the builds that have a lot of evade/block/invulnerability uptime reaching beyond 30 seconds of evade frames and above within the first minute of combat also tend to also be absolutely loaded with stun breaks or ways to get out of danger while stunned.

Daredevil: 2x Stunbreaks with Shadow Step, Roll For Initiative, Can steal to a distant target, Instant Reflexes if Traited.

Mesmer: Blink, Decoy, Desperate Decoy of Traited, Distortion,Mirage: Illusionary Ambush, Jaunt, Dodge While Stun plus core mesmer tools,Spellbreaker: Shake It Off X2, FrenzyFire Weaver: Twist of Fate x2, Obsidian Flesh,Power Herald: Legend Swap, Riposting Shadows, Gaze of Darkness, (Glint Shiro Herald can pop 6x stunbreaks across 25 seconds of combat)

And for all of the above builds except Mesmer and Mirage they are breaking 30 seconds of evade/block/invuln fames through out the first minute of combat, which mirage at least getting fairly close and core mesmer lagging pretty far behind but making it up with very high stealth uptime. Fire Weaver and Pistol Whip Daredevil are getting close to 40 seconds of evade frames per minute of combat.

I don't think evade is an issue if there's clear tradeoffs.

Take PW, for example: it's a completely stationary skill with a cast time and an aftercast. Long evade frames and invulnerability with little to no tradeoffs should not be accessible, though. Which is why I have an issue with elementalist - they already have access to stability (unlike thief), why are they allowed 1+ seconds of evade frames on top of that?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Give everyone the exact same sustain if evades are not allowed to be prevalent in low sustain classes.Or just leave as is and learn to cope as people will always cry about something as proven by the pistol whip fiasco. Builds barely mentioned if at all in last few yrs and with no changes happening to it now that more people are trying it hence players dying to it more often NOW it's a problem lmaoSo pathetic but not surprising.

Yes PW thief wasnt buffed hmmexept swipeand stolen skills interruptand then ALOT of other builds got nerfed, see the point ?

Tbh the change that allowed for taking condi cleanse and pulmonary impact is the only real reason this is emerging now. Also the way weakness works now helps it. The fact steal was changed to swipe also gives an argument to play a sword build on daredevil since infiltrators strike. The build isn’t really much better compared to any pistol whip in the past it’s just re emerging version that is unfun to play against and it has an abusable bug on jump which staff bunker used

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Tbh the change that allowed for taking condi cleanse and pulmonary impact is the only real reason this is emerging now. Also the way weakness works now helps it. The fact steal was changed to swipe also gives an argument to play a sword build on daredevil since infiltrators strike. The build isn’t really much better compared to any pistol whip in the past it’s just re emerging version that is unfun to play against and it has an abusable bug on jump which staff bunker used

Tbh if pistol whip is unfun to play against, I wonder if the person saying that has ever been +1'd by a good rev. Thief is stationary while unloading their burst on both DE and DD.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Tbh if pistol whip is unfun to play against, I wonder if the person saying that has ever been +1'd by a good rev. Thief is stationary while unloading their burst on both DE and DD.

Lol comparing to rev seems pretty far off the acro build is a close to perma dodge build with almost no damage. As far as DE, it’s like 3/4 rifle which is all from a range. W.e your talking about is pretty far off from a rev and yes is unfun to play against. It’s not even good just unfunEdit: also I pointed out the exploitable bug on pistol whip which makes it non stationary

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Lol comparing to rev seems pretty far off the acro build is a close to perma dodge build with almost no damage. As far as DE, it’s like 3/4 rifle which is all from a range. W.e your talking about is pretty far off from a rev and yes is unfun to play against. It’s not even good just unfunEdit: also I pointed out the exploitable bug on pistol whip which makes it non stationary

I struggle to understand how a build that isn't even good is unfun to play against. I mean, if we really want to go down that route; every build is 'not fun' to play against. Learning curve ---> things change.

If something is truly unfun, it's the pure, 0-tell OS builds.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

I struggle to understand how a build that isn't even good is unfun to play against. I mean, if we really want to go down that route;
every
build is 'not fun' to play against. Learning curve ---> things change.

If something is
truly
unfun, it's the pure, 0-tell OS builds.

Hmm maybe the fact that the build is either click 1 button(and hopefully you get a desync too to be extra effective) and dodge a lot plus a completely exploitable bug? Overall I say the build forces you to play in a way that’s not even good... The build isn’t that good in this meta and is toxic at the same time. Completely unlike rev btw I honestly don’t get what your try to argue about tbh

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:I, too, don't want to waste effort in timing my interrupts. they should die while i please so

I, too, don't want to waste effort in timing my evades, they shouldnt kill me at all?first of all most interrupts has cast times, while evades don't. evades should be timed in respawn to skill animation incoming.second of all, i do time my interrupts and most of time, are dodges by RANDOM evade. With no sign of prediction because there's none, they just dodged, because they can.