About the Broken Caladblog

I completed the Hot a few years ago. Do I need the actual broken sword or can I finish this with the broken caladblog skin I have the skin in the skins inventory.

Also, how would I proceed to starting this quest, I did get the letter from Warden Leide but did not follow up on it, I deleted the letter. Wiki says I need to talk to the Warden, I tried and he says nothing. Do I need the letter to start this or is there something else I can try?

You could always try completing HoT on a different character. Not sure if replaying the story on a character which already completed HoT would work, you could give it a try. Make sure to use gw2efficiency to search your account for the Caladbolg in case it somewhere in a bank tab or so.

Also make sure to check your home instance for the NPC Ridhais (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ridhais). You might have started the quest line without remembering it.

If all else fails, you can contact customer support.

@Dragonweaver.7951 said:Yes, I am using the character I used for Hot, Sylvari, that is the only one I had at the time when I started hot and gw2 with, now I do have another character. I guess I have to start Hot with the other one, thankyou.

You dont need to do the story again to get a broken caladblog. You should be able to get one PER character that has completed it. I have a few of the ascended versions from repeating it. As mentioned above you may need to talk to a few NPCs to recover your broken caladblog item if you deleted it, but they added a menthod to reobtain them because they added the Caladblog quest much later and many/most people deleted the rare quality caladblog long before it had a use.

from the wiki:AcquisitionCompleting the story chapter Hearts and Minds.OtherTrading 10 Bottles of Elonian Wine with Miyani. This can only be done if you no longer have the original sword and have talked with Ridhais.So just talk to Miyani and buy then give her 10 bottles which will be about 2g I think, no biggie. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem in that for like a year after I finished HoT, I didn't know there even was a Caladbolg quest. Just kept the broken Caladbolg in my bank not knowing what to do with it. Then I found out about the quest on the wiki, but couldn't figure out how to start it. Apparently the problem was that I hadn't soulbound Caladbolg to a character.

No idea whether you have to soulbind it on the same character you took through HoT (I did), but once you get it back from Miyani, you might make sure it's soulbound.