Revenant needs more weapon choices ASAP

JayAction.9056

Title

From a pvp perspective Revenant is severely lacking any real choice.

Hammer is unviable in pvp and has always been even at its strongest in 2015.

Mace mainhand is only useful against people In gold as the way it targets and the lack of a snare makes the main source of damage from this weapon (#2 and #3) unreliable.

Shield is underpowered

Staff is underpowered and is never a weapon you will use other than to break pressure.

Shortbow is still a meme.

Axe is only really useful to a condo build as the power damage coefficients are too low.

Sword mainhand has been nerfed from a high burst high sustain main hand weapon to a 0 burst, moderate sustain only weapon.

The choices are basically made for you if you know how to do math and can logically assess how to combat flows in this game.

We need new weapon choices ASAP. AT LEAST 3 -THREE-

GreatswordDagger main hand and off handPistol

It’s bad enough that legends are stagnant choices and the trees can not be alternated much as most trees fulfil a dedicated conflicting role.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl another greatsword thread !

! Knighthonor would be proud

Kinda reminds guardians they wanted bow cause ranger was low effort pew pew.Anet gave them pew not so pew.

Melee power GS for next elite would be amazing but imo current rev problem isn’t elite weapon so i would request a CORE weapon like secpter or some offhand.

Wich imo rev lacking weapon issues is in its core structure.

tbh staff isnt about to do damage, but it still doing quiet high damage .... its one of the best multi-functional damage weapons in the game (right after the scrappers hammer)

shortbow is kinda op, it should do a bit more power-dmg and less condi damage tho

shield =bad indeed!

mace is pretty good even without auto-attacks , but still only condi

axe is a good power & condi-weapon , maybe even better than sword offhand (wish axe4 wouldnt be so weird)

hammer.

after all... revenant in pvp compared to all other gamemodes is a whole new class. Its only a viable pvp-class through its buggy teleports. They should redo every balance from rev & make it a bit more equal between the modes.

(bonus comment: please no pistol. Its nothing a warden from the mists should have. How about an Mainhand axe or a horn?)

Would be nice with a second condi weapon that's properly useable against players, or for shortbow to get reworked.

Staff getting some condis on it's skills (like 1/1/2 stacks of torment on auto, 1 stack of burn on 3 and maybe 1 stack of torment/hit from 5) would be the lazy solution.

Getting something like condi greatsword (ideally as a melee weapon) would be amazing. As far as power goes revenant has enough options imo.

@lodjur.1284 said:Would be nice with a second condi weapon that's properly useable against players, or for shortbow to get reworked.

Staff getting some condis on it's skills (like 1/1/2 stacks of torment on auto, 1 stack of burn on 3 and maybe 1 stack of torment/hit from 5) would be the lazy solution.

Getting something like condi greatsword (ideally as a melee weapon) would be amazing. As far as power goes revenant has enough options imo.

So does condi

Let’s wait to see how Anet will shaft all classes gimmicks with the streamlined balance they want to do, only after that IMO we can request changes.

Maybe rev is actually decent and its the other classes that ended having a bit more than intended due how game was being built based on awfull iteration/balance process.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

! Knighthonor would be proud.

I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

I play condi bow, pve and wvw only a few classes can defeat me, it is a very good player or some class builder on low effort gimmicks like holo and Mesmer lamers.Firebrands weavers tempest, are easy to deal maybe a bit more that I was expecting.Scrapers are my counter so it’s possible I can’t do nothing to them or get defeated easilly.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I don't like Knighthonor guy but is wishing GS as new power weapon for revenant a bad thing? We got shortbow last time local hipster revenant society begged for ranged condi weapon.Any VIABLE VARIETY would be really good.

I play condi bow, pve and wvw only a few classes can defeat me, it is a very good player or some class builder on low effort gimmicks like holo and Mesmer lamers.Firebrands weavers tempest, are easy to deal maybe a bit more that I was expecting.Scrapers are my counter so it’s possible I can’t do nothing to them or get defeated easilly.Basically, everyone wrecks the shit out of you unless it's some lame match up with people like BB server on EU which is mostly populated by zerglings that can't 1v1, no offense.I have some of my own untraditional builds up in my sleeve that only work against that CERTAIN BUILD some class has but when I said viable I meant viable vs more than just one pick from meta box.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I play condi bow, pve and wvw only a few classes can defeat me, it is a very good player or some class builder on low effort gimmicks like holo and Mesmer lamers.Firebrands weavers tempest, are easy to deal maybe a bit more that I was expecting.Scrapers are my counter so it’s possible I can’t do nothing to them or get defeated easilly.

I'm running hybrid shortbow in wvw and have a similar experience. I'd say most melee builds are easy to handle, even warriors if you master dodging their telegraphed attacks. Scrapper fights aren't really a counter for me, just a drawn out because Bulwark Gyro carries them. Overall I think the bad rep shortbow gets is due to lack of effort to learn a different play style.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:Would be nice with a second condi weapon that's properly useable against players, or for shortbow to get reworked.

Getting something like condi greatsword (ideally as a melee weapon) would be amazing.
As far as power goes revenant has enough options imo.

So does condi

Power has a viable bar swap, 2 if you count hammer. Condi doesn't, I have tried shortbow extensively and it's really mediocre.

Power rev has sword/sword+staff for a melee build, or hammer as a ranged option.

Condi rev has mace+axe which are fantastic but there's no second set of melee weapons for what is a very melee oriented class. Shortbow is mostly a pve weapon, hell I'd much rather have a second offhand weapon for condi even if you're locked to running nacre on 2 bars then, but there isn't

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Im inactive player who roam in wvw sometimes maybe once in a month out of bored and i have yet to run into a renegade that wouldnt be a free kill for my core condi rev. If they run shortbow i dont even dodge, that thing has no damage nor utility. But hey, keep providing free bags

@lodjur.1284 said:

Getting something like condi greatsword (ideally as a melee weapon) would be amazing.

So does condi

Power has a viable bar swap, 2 if you count hammer. Condi doesn't

Shortbow is as viable as hammer.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

So does condi

Nah hammer is much better overall, both are fairly poor for melee though.

Either way power rev has sword+staff which are both good weapons

Condi rev has mace+offbar for stack sigil, the offbar options are staff (for 2 defensive skills and 9 sec of 0 dmg) or bow which is very much not a pvp weapon

@lodjur.1284 said:

So does condi

Condi rev has mace+offbar for stack sigil, the offbar options are staff (for 2 defensive skills and 9 sec of 0 dmg) or bow which is very much not a pvp weapon

Staff is used for utility (projectile block and CC) and not DPS.

Hammer is used in WvW for Coalescence and it being a ranged weapon. It can be used in PvE but it’s suboptimal. I don’t think it’s used at all in sPvP.

Sword is only used in PvE and sPvP. It’s not used in zerg fights in WvW.

For sb, there are a few builds on metabattle but I don’t believe condi is really meta for anything but PvE.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

So does condi

Staff is used for utility (projectile block and CC) and not DPS.

It's a normal block and the damage isn't fantastic but it isn't nonexistent on power rev, staff 5 is even after the nerfs a fairly high dmg skill. It's the default secondary weapon for power rev in smallscale fights, because it's a versatile weapon that can be defensive or have bursty cc and okay-ish autos.

Hammer is used in WvW for Coalescence and it being a ranged weapon. It can be used in PvE but it’s suboptimal. I don’t think it’s used at all in sPvP.

Ye see it has a use against other players and it's better than shortbow there by a lot.

Sword is only used in PvE and sPvP. It’s not used in zerg fights in WvW.

WvW is more than zergfights almost every single power rev runs sword+staff for smallscale.

For sb, there are a few builds on metabattle but I don’t believe condi is really meta for anything but PvE.

Condi rev might not be meta but for smallscale WvW it's fairly strong. If it had a second weapon it would be a lot better.

I currently run bow over staff on condi rev because at least I can kill guards on it for my stacks shudders and use it if stuck pirate shipping, but that should hardly be the only option for condi rev when power rev has a good staff.

More weapons would always be good but condi rev is far worse off

Note: Talking about the wvw version of staff when I say staff 5 does good dmg.

Agreed that condi needs more options than power. Sword can be pseudo-hybridized thanks to Abyssal Chill, but it has no offhand to pair with it. Running Shortbow/Mace+Axe is obviously the best for DPS, but for actual effectiveness and viability, having a block goes a long way. The kiting potential of staff is indescribably helpful in WvW especially, when at any chance you will be outnumbered and will have to reposition; staff allows this to happen. Condi Rev isnt in as bad of a position as it used to be: Embrace the Darkness allows for sustained damage output with any weapon, which is a really wonderful thing. I still stand by my assertion that the core class would benefit more than anything from a defensive offhand weapon that synergizes with both power and condi builds. The old sword 4 block was invaluable, but core Rev wasn't as viable as it is now, so it didn't see as much value or play. Restoring that block via a new offhand weapon would go miles for the core class. Perhaps a bit redundant when considering Herald, but IMO Herald's shield should be geared more towards boon support and healing. Give it some boonrip or energy manipulation and we have ourselves a properly up to date offhand weapon.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Agreed that condi needs more options than power. Sword can be pseudo-hybridized thanks to Abyssal Chill, but it has no offhand to pair with it. Running Shortbow/Mace+Axe is obviously the best for DPS, but for actual effectiveness and viability, having a block goes a long way. The kiting potential of staff is indescribably helpful in WvW especially, when at any chance you will be outnumbered and will have to reposition; staff allows this to happen. Condi Rev isnt in as bad of a position as it used to be: Embrace the Darkness allows for sustained damage output with any weapon, which is a really wonderful thing. I still stand by my assertion that the core class would benefit more than anything from a defensive offhand weapon that synergizes with both power and condi builds. The old sword 4 block was invaluable, but core Rev wasn't as viable as it is now, so it didn't see as much value or play. Restoring that block via a new offhand weapon would go miles for the core class. Perhaps a bit redundant when considering Herald, but IMO Herald's shield should be geared more towards boon support and healing. Give it some boonrip or energy manipulation and we have ourselves a properly up to date offhand weapon.

Agreed on missing the sword block, being able to access a defensive skill without crippling your damage for 10 sec was very nice.

A defensive+boonrip offhand would be amazing, or a second offensive, or a pure defensive tbh. Mace cooldown are short enough to main hand it on both bars.

But ye overall I agree condi rev is in an okay spot just imo missing weapon swap

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Im inactive player who roam in wvw sometimes maybe once in a month out of bored and i have yet to run into a renegade that wouldnt be a free kill for my core condi rev. If they run shortbow i dont even dodge, that thing has no damage nor utility. But hey, keep providing free bags

Loot bags is good. But making shortbow good is better imoI actually ran into some renegade trailblazer/dire fucknuggets this week. One of them even kept chasing me after 20 minutes of me repetedly humiliating him and some guardian at SW camp of alpine border trying to prove something while bombarding my private inbox. The only other as miserable spec as renegade I know is probably staff ele though I must agree that renegade is still more powerful that it at some point kek

@Clownmug.8357 said:

I'm running hybrid shortbow in wvw and have a similar experience. I'd say most melee builds are easy to handle, even warriors if you master dodging their telegraphed attacks. Scrapper fights aren't really a counter for me, just a drawn out because Bulwark Gyro carries them. Overall I think the bad rep shortbow gets is due to lack of effort to learn a different play style.

Are you all guys playing on NA? I have some EU wars right here glaring menacingly at your posts

I guess everyone has already realiced it at this point but ill say it just in case.In PvP the condi range weapon is mediocre(not too bad but not good), while in raid, fractal the bad weapon is the hammer (too litlle dps because its too slow) , and shield is simply too bad.So 2 options either balance hamer for pve and sb for pvp or give us a new pair of weapons (double daggers condi medium range,gs power dmg close range)Also i think it would be great if the debs talked more in the forums