Mastery Help

Titus.7694

I'm just starting HOT and masteries have become a bit overwhelming. What is the best way to level them up? I have been doing events here and there just not cracking much of a dent on them. I'm also working through the story but I feel like I'm moving at a veryyyy slow pace when it comes to leveling. Trying to figure out what are the best ways to level up in the expansions.

Suggestions are welcome! Loving the story so far.

First: be aware that each category of masteries only gain xp when playing in the appropriate areas - HoT masteries in the jungle, Core masteries in core Tyria, PoF masteries in the desert.

Second: HoT and Core are meant to take time, so they are a lot slower than PoF masteries. Stack XP boosts from Boosters, Food, Utilities, Guild Tavern etc. They add up fast!For HoT, focus on what the story requires, and Gliding after/between that. see edit belowDoing metas are generally a good way to gain XP, especially Dragon's Stand when you get there!

For Core, Fractals give core XP, so if you like those they are a good way. Silverwastes RIBA is otherwise both effective and lucrative.Generally I recommend to focus on Pact Commander track because autoloot is an absolute game-changer, but if you enjoy Fractals, its mastery might be higher priority.

Edit: the order HoT masteries are required for story is Gliding 1, Itzel 1, Exalted 1, Gliding 2, Nuhoc 1.Priority after that I recommend Gliding up to 3, Nuhoc 2, Itzel 3, then gliding again to 5 or 6