Hey Thiefs, what kind of sacrifices you all willing to make to the class mechanics for elite spec?

Knighthonor.4061

I like Initiative, it lets us work an area into our favor even partially off target beyond having a good poker face with cooldowns and don't think I'd have much fun without it. I could go without stealth and even Steal maybe but at this point I don't feel like we need different for the sake of being different. Stealth mechanic could turn into a non stealth combo primer active for stealth duration that would let you combine like two weapon skills or three depending on the placement of Dual Wield skills or something into a big payoff but it would need to be reliable, it would still keep mostly the same resource sink. A problem we run into right now changing anything too major like Steal is that it's pretty critical to core and elites for it's engage or other mods and all of it's forms work really well along side Initiative.

• 1 month later...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Stealing mechanics and stealth for an elite spec that can do more aoe damage. I was thinking about more mobility and teleporting behind the enemies.

more mobility for thief o.O

This just shows the current state of the forum -it doesn't matter if something is deserved or needed, what matters is that "I want moremoremore".And then after a month I'll start crying on the boards about everything being power crept to oblivion. Don't try to disagree with those buff proposals though or you'll be called a "hater". :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Stealing mechanics and stealth for an elite spec that can do more aoe damage. I was thinking about more mobility and teleporting behind the enemies.

This just shows the current state of the forum -it doesn't matter if something is deserved or needed, what matters is that "I want moremoremore".And then after a month I'll start crying on the boards about everything being power crept to oblivion. Don't try to disagree with those buff proposals though or you'll be called a "hater". :D

as it stands right now, if they buff thief mobility. they can legit deal 0 dmg and be op. just by runing between nodes like monkeys ( in pvp )

I'll be willing to trade offhand for an entire Spec revolving around Mainhand weapon usage.

Empty Offhand can be simulated by a Focus for stat reasons.

The mechanic change will be that in exchange for losing Offhand and Duel Wield skills, they are allowed to slot 2 more utilities into their 4 and 5.

This will allow players to field more utilities to aid their Mainhand only plays.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Stealing mechanics and stealth for an elite spec that can do more aoe damage. I was thinking about more mobility and teleporting behind the enemies.

Because main source of mobility is in Shortbow. For mobility I meant teleporting between/to the enemies in short range (so we can stop hit dagger 2 to jump these 450 units).

• 3 weeks later...

Uhhh... what class mechanic?

Stealth? Everyone's got that, nowadays.

Mobility? Nope.

Dodges are right out, even with Daredevil.

Stealing is kind of moot when bundles exist, too (unless you're running Trickery/Deadeye and use it for boon generation / group-hug builds).

Initiative is just Energy before Revenant was cool.

The only thing we genuinely have are somewhat lackluster stealth attacks that have been repeatedly degraded over the years (regardless of what Deadeye did), and the dual-wield weapon skills. That's ... that's it.

So unless that means more two-hand weapons like longbow or magic staves, or giving us some kind of Warrior Lite™ spec that eschews stealth entirely, I'm not really sure what there is to be sacrificed.