They did my girl wrong... [BIG SPOILERS]

Knuckle Joe.7408

I wonder if it was the boneskinner. I happened on an "event" near the keep. Had the event tag, so went to talk to the Vigil soldier. Suddenly she screamed, the boneskinner appeared, and killed her. The map honestly needs more of this to make the boneskinner creepier. So maybe it did get her. Wasn't the cave near the boneskinner's lair?

@"whoeverxwins.1279" said:I wonder if it was the boneskinner. I happened on an "event" near the keep. Had the event tag, so went to talk to the Vigil soldier. Suddenly she screamed, the boneskinner appeared, and killed her. The map honestly needs more of this to make the boneskinner creepier. So maybe it did get her. Wasn't the cave near the boneskinner's lair?

Jhavi was taken to the Boneskinner's lair. Where Almorra died was across the map.

And there are multiple traps like that throughout the map. Like the buried vigil not far from that vigil recruit you found (further south); and there's an abandoned campfire near Aesgir's Legacy where the Boneskinner spawns.

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:TBH, Almorra's story was done. There was only downhill for this character from
here
the moment of Kralkatorrik's death.

Honestly, I wonder if there was a way to end her story that didn't result in any complaining, besides something related to Kralkatorrik's final battle.

If Bangar is the one who buried her, that's at least an interesting final act between the two.

I feel the same Bangar or Ryland had buried her.....

I have to say I knew she was dead from the get-go. Maybe it's being brought up on horror movies but when somebody you know calls you and talks to you in a slow, spooky voice you know it's not them. Even the PC knew it wasn't them. It's just some monster wearing their skin or something. She was dead before the episode started, so I never expected to see her die in front of me. As to whether her death was wasted or not heroic enough, I don't know. Eir's death wasn't heroic imho. It was pathetically executed, so maybe it's better for Almora that we didn't see her death. I'm not sure Anet could pull it off respectfully.

Maybe this is a bit too speculative, but I sort of have the feeling that Bangar might have killed her rather than the Svanir/Icebrood. She escaped from the Svanir, after all. I have a feeling Bangar's army was coming through and they found her. We already saw that Almorra and Bangar have a pretty tense relationship, and given that Almorra is the resident Dragonslayer, we can be pretty sure that she would not have approved of Bangar's plan to "tame" Jormag or whatever it is exactly he's gonna try to do.

I think Almorra found out Bangar's plan and was going to throw a wrench in the whole thing somehow. And he killed her. She may not like him, she may think the plan is reckless, but she probably didn't expect her own imperator to attack her like that, so she was caught off guard. "Slash marks" could easily be Charr claws.

But she's still Blood Legion, she's still Charr, so he felt some remorse and buried her. So far Bangar hasn't really done anything "villainous", he just has a really stupid plan that's going to get lots of people killed, but he does want to help his people. When we find out what happened, this will be the action that firmly pushes Bangar into "villain" territory.

This is all just a hunch, but I can't shake the feeling that this is what they're setting up.

@"Perihen the Thawk.9527" said:I think Almorra found out Bangar's plan and was going to throw a wrench in the whole thing somehow. And he killed her. She may not like him, she may think the plan is reckless, but she probably didn't expect her own imperator to attack her like that, so she was caught off guard. "Slash marks" could easily be Charr claws.

very unlikely,A backstab style atack would unfit Bangar character build up too much. There is also a built-up around the "bangar is not that bad" being pushed by Crecia Stoneglow. But of course, we have a history of writers throwing plots before, and then the thing had a 180º turn and Bangar simple turn into "evil guy need killed asap", but til now it will be very unfit. A backstab atack will enable the full rage of commander and the others.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Perihen the Thawk.9527" said:I think Almorra found out Bangar's plan and was going to throw a wrench in the whole thing somehow. And he killed her. She may not like him, she may think the plan is reckless, but she probably didn't expect her own imperator to attack her like that, so she was caught off guard. "Slash marks" could easily be Charr claws.

very unlikely,A
backstab style
atack would unfit Bangar character build up too much. There is also a built-up around the "bangar is not that bad" being pushed by Crecia Stoneglow. But of course, we have a history of writers throwing plots before, and then the thing had a 180º turn and Bangar simple turn into "evil guy need killed asap", but til now it will be very unfit. A backstab atack will enable the full rage of commander and the others.

Maybe... but it wouldn't need to be a backstab, would it? Blood Legion has a proud tradition of personal challenges, fought to the death. If Almorra called him out in front of his closest supporters, I could see that devolving into a showdown, and considering what Almorra had just gone through, it wouldn't be any surprise if Bangar won it.

@"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:What's up with the death of Almorra... that was a disgrace. Though a secondary, supporting character, Almorra has been with us since the beginning. She was far more important than other NPCs, yet some others like useless Eir at least have one last cinematic. She founded the vigil, she survived Kral's rise kitten, and you kill her off-screen just like that. Incredibly disssapointed and TBH kinda angry. So much potential wasted.

EDIT: Just noticed I posted this in lore. My bad lsot track of the subforum I was in, if a mod feels like this should be in general disc. please move!

Yawn. Hate to break it to you, Knuckle Joe, but aside from Almorra avoiding Kralkatorrik's branding I really didn't find her character all that interesting. And of course, no one in Anet was going to address that mystery. They just said she was "outside the dragonbrand". She was overdue to die, more likely. I guess Jormy just wanted Tom and Bobby to quit messing around.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

very unlikely,A
backstab style
atack would unfit Bangar character build up too much. There is also a built-up around the "bangar is not that bad" being pushed by Crecia Stoneglow. But of course, we have a history of writers throwing plots before, and then the thing had a 180º turn and Bangar simple turn into "evil guy need killed asap", but til now it will be very unfit. A backstab atack will enable the full rage of commander and the others.

Maybe... but it wouldn't need to be a backstab, would it? Blood Legion has a proud tradition of personal challenges, fought to the death. If Almorra called him out in front of his closest supporters, I could see that devolving into a showdown, and considering what Almorra had just gone through, it wouldn't be any surprise if Bangar won it.

I understand what you're saying. But I would imagine that any scenario like this would have to be private between Bangar and Almorra, because Almorra is very popular among the Charr, and I doubt it would go over well if he killed her in front of the warbands. Maybe not a backstab necesarrily, but relatively private. Maybe in front of a favored supporter or two like Ryland, which could start to seed Ryland's doubts.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:I think Almorra found out Bangar's plan and was going to throw a wrench in the whole thing somehow. And he killed her. She may not like him, she may think the plan is reckless, but she probably didn't expect her own imperator to attack her like that, so she was caught off guard. "Slash marks" could easily be Charr claws.

very unlikely,A
backstab style

I understand what you're saying. But I would imagine that any scenario like this would have to be private between Bangar and Almorra, because Almorra is
very popular
among the Charr, and I doubt it would go over well if he killed her in front of the warbands. Maybe not a
backstab
necesarrily, but relatively private. Maybe in front of a favored supporter or two like Ryland, which could start to seed Ryland's doubts.

She might be popular with most charr- but the ones that Bangar's taken with him are renegades or renegade sympathizers. Their old leader hated the Vigil in general and Almorra in particular, and they seemed on board for it then.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:She might be popular with most charr- but the ones that Bangar's taken with him are renegades or renegade sympathizers. Their old leader hated the Vigil in general and Almorra in particular, and they seemed on board for it then.

That's a good point I nearly forgot about Almorra's son. Still, some of the dialog around Grothmar Valley makes me think that at least a few of the Charr that joined the expedition were somewhat hesitant about it. It sounds like entire warbands went with Bangar rather than individuals, so some of them are probably going along with it more out of loyalty and thoughtlessness rather than having deeply held convictions.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:She might be popular with most charr- but the ones that Bangar's taken with him are renegades or renegade sympathizers. Their old leader hated the Vigil in general and Almorra in particular, and they seemed on board for it then.

That's a good point I nearly forgot about Almorra's son. Still, some of the dialog around Grothmar Valley makes me think that at least a few of the Charr that joined the expedition were somewhat hesitant about it. It sounds like entire
warbands
went with Bangar rather than individuals, so some of them are probably going along with it more out of loyalty and thoughtlessness rather than having deeply held convictions.

Just went through that part of the story today and it was several dozen war bands went with Bangar, with mixture of Ash, Iron, Bloid and Flame as well as the Renegades, which would probably be a good number of Charr. That as well as Crecia mentioning at the beginning of the episode, that the best of the best were at this gathering too. So Bangar has his pick of the best and brightest fighters of all the Charr with him potentially.

That's a good point I nearly forgot about Almorra's son. Still, some of the dialog around Grothmar Valley makes me think that at least a few of the Charr that joined the expedition were somewhat hesitant about it. It sounds like entire
warbands
went with Bangar rather than individuals, so some of them are probably going along with it more out of loyalty and thoughtlessness rather than having deeply held convictions.

At this point though whatever reasons they went with Bangar have probably already been replaced or reinforced by whatever Jormag is whispering to them, so I don't think many, if any, of them would be hesitant to follow Bangar anymore, even if he challenged and/or killed Almorra.