Please let Chronos shatter without requiring clones again.

shippage.1983

Every since the Chrono rework (aka mass nerf), the class feels extremely awkward to play. I get needing to be nerfed for being top tier for so long, and it's at a decent place balance wise right now. I can get used to the new shatters, but the requirement of having a clone up to be able to shatter makes the class feel so incredibly clunky and bad. It feels this way in every single gamemode . In PvP, Chrono is just absolute dumpster tier right now, so it could use all the help it can get. In PvE, adding back the regular shatter mechanic of needing no clones wouldn't change much.Please just make the class fun again, it wouldn't buff it too much to make it meta defining again.

@shippage.1983 said:Every since the Chrono rework (aka mass nerf), the class feels extremely awkward to play. I get needing to be nerfed for being top tier for so long, and it's at a decent place balance wise right now. I can get used to the new shatters, but the requirement of having a clone up to be able to shatter makes the class feel so incredibly clunky and bad. It feels this way in every single gamemode . In PvP, Chrono is just absolute dumpster tier right now, so it could use all the help it can get. In PvE, adding back the regular shatter mechanic of needing no clones wouldn't change much.Please just make the class fun again, it wouldn't buff it too much to make it meta defining again.

Actualy It would make a huge diference in pve. Especialy with new stm.

'Please let Chronos shatter...' Pun intended. Sadly, chrono is gutted...Only still viable in raids but that's about it. Earlier nerfs / overhauls like SOI changes were necessary as the class was ridiculously overtuned. However, the 'trade-off' mechanic is just kitten, and I don't think anet will revert the changes.

I dont play pvp/wvw but I can imagine full boons with 13 phantasm burst be completely balanced.

I dont know what more parts of the game are there. As I have said, i get that chrono is weak in pvp or wvw. But when I play openworld, chrono is my choice because i can buff myself with all boons withou giving up defense or that much damage.when I play raids, chrono is great because it still provides so much utility.on strike chrono is great because it can provide alacrity to 5 players while giving high uptime on quickness to all 10 players. It can take reflect too. in dungeons chrono is great because of perma uptimes on both quickness and alacrity while providing portal, invisibility, cc and pullsOn fractals chrono is good. Not as powerful as fb + ren but certainly better in runs without speedclearing strategy because it can carry harderand on world bosses chrono is great because it can provide quickness to more then 10 players.

Also there is I guess no better class for JPs.

So what have I missed. I guess I havent tried something.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Scourges have a similar problem. If we have any shade up, no effects appears around us when using sand shade skills. They only do with no shades up. Used to always pop around the necro too.

Yeah, very much agree. The shade nerf made sense in PvP, it made no sense whatsoever to extremely low tier class in PvE.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I dont play pvp/wvw but I can imagine full boons with 13 phantasm burst be completely balanced.

I dont know what more parts of the game are there. As I have said, i get that chrono is weak in pvp or wvw. But when I play openworld, chrono is my choice because i can buff myself with all boons withou giving up defense or that much damage.when I play raids, chrono is great because it still provides so much utility.on strike chrono is great because it can provide alacrity to 5 players while giving high uptime on quickness to all 10 players. It can take reflect too. in dungeons chrono is great because of perma uptimes on both quickness and alacrity while providing portal, invisibility, cc and pullsOn fractals chrono is good. Not as powerful as fb + ren but certainly better in runs without speedclearing strategy because it can carry harderand on world bosses chrono is great because it can provide quickness to more then 10 players.

Also there is I guess no better class for JPs.

So what have I missed. I guess I havent tried something.

It was balanced in PvP before by the fact that it hit like a wet noodle. Mirage is just better then Chrono in it's current state in PvP currently.

I took a couple month break at the time of the Chrono rework and came back to an awful surprise.

I think the shatter rework is fine in fractals/raids, but picking Chrono for WvW or PvP is a no-go with the way it is now. Mirage is fine, but I'd love to run around with a shield and wells every now and then. However, the lack of the important mesmer tools such as instant F3 interrupt and panic distortion evade has really handicapped the class to the point where it's basically always the underdog in every 1vX.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:I took a couple month break at the time of the Chrono rework and came back to an awful surprise.

I think the shatter rework is fine in fractals/raids, but picking Chrono for WvW or PvP is a no-go with the way it is now. Mirage is fine, but I'd love to run around with a shield and wells every now and then. However, the lack of the important mesmer tools such as instant F3 interrupt and panic distortion evade has really handicapped the class to the point where it's basically always the underdog in every 1vX.

Isnt it only chrono that have that issue? I think i heard something about core mesmer not having a reliance on clones for shatters, or am i wrong?