ADD A CAST TIME TO THIEFS WHEN THEY CAST THE SAME SKILL

SeikeNz.3526

@Axl.8924 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Is a 450 heal really worth talking about? You would need about 5 successful evade heals to heal a single auto from most power classes. Almost every class has an uninterruptible heal, thief is no different. Heal on initiative is less than regen.

Thief isn't a problem. It has less damage than most power classes, less health and healing, and the only two things it do well are evade spam and map mobility.

You people are kitten at reading.I said thief doesnt have bad sustain, I said they have strong healing skill.And they have good passive that keep them healthy.Then guys like you appear WELL OTHER CLASSES HAVE GOOD HEALS TOOOO.NO kitten sherlock, thats my point. Thiefs sustain is not bad.

Numbers aren't in a vacuum. You compare them against other classes to get a benchmark of good and bad. Thief has very mediocre sustain WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CLASSES. because what the kitten else are you going to compare it against. Yes, they have those abilities. No, they are not very relevant as their numbers aren't high enough to make significant differences in pvp. Daredevil has reasonable sustain due to evade frames, not heals. Core thief and Deadeye have very little sustain.

What are you talking about, you can make thief builds with perma regeneration.15s CD withdraw450 heal every time you evade somethingkitten ton of evades.Sustain is not just raw healing. Sustain is EVERYTHING that lets you stay in the fight.Its mobility, Its CC, Its stealth.The only thing thief is really lacking is1 Aegis2 Protection3 Big toughtness numbers ( forced into HP amulet )And makes up for it with extra evades, alot of the builds dont heal like weaver.Warrior vs Thief, who heals more in that duel?Thief vs Cmirage, who heals more?Thief vs DG/Core guard, Who heals more?People come here and say thief sustain is BAD, im not saying its amazing or overpowered, im just saying its not bad.

Thief sustain is a whole heck lot better than necro is, and when i played chrono seemed limited amount of sustain.

Anet every time they change something it seems like they nerf our sustain or mobility somehow and make us more of a free kill.

It's almost as if ANET is saying: We would rather you don't play SPVP, now go play open world PvE and WVW.

Or maybe the consensus is: We would rather you not play necro at all

Thief sustain is not better then necro but different. Core necro for example can eat literally 10x if not more hits than thief could dream of eating but if thief is good with enough knowledge of its opponents class and its skills the can actively and reactively evade that damage. Imagine a necro or reaper having thiefs mobility or close to while being able to eat the hits it currently can all with the dps it can do lol especially reaper, it would be unstoppable hence why necro had less mobility and why classes with high mobility naturally counter it. Those aspects of the game are actually somewhat balanced surprisingly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Is a 450 heal really worth talking about? You would need about 5 successful evade heals to heal a single auto from most power classes. Almost every class has an uninterruptible heal, thief is no different. Heal on initiative is less than regen.

Thief isn't a problem. It has less damage than most power classes, less health and healing, and the only two things it do well are evade spam and map mobility.

You people are kitten at reading.I said thief doesnt have bad sustain, I said they have strong healing skill.And they have good passive that keep them healthy.Then guys like you appear WELL OTHER CLASSES HAVE GOOD HEALS TOOOO.NO kitten sherlock, thats my point. Thiefs sustain is not bad.

Numbers aren't in a vacuum. You compare them against other classes to get a benchmark of good and bad. Thief has very mediocre sustain WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CLASSES. because what the kitten else are you going to compare it against. Yes, they have those abilities. No, they are not very relevant as their numbers aren't high enough to make significant differences in pvp. Daredevil has reasonable sustain due to evade frames, not heals. Core thief and Deadeye have very little sustain.

What are you talking about, you can make thief builds with perma regeneration.15s CD withdraw450 heal every time you evade somethingkitten ton of evades.Sustain is not just raw healing. Sustain is EVERYTHING that lets you stay in the fight.Its mobility, Its CC, Its stealth.The only thing thief is really lacking is1 Aegis2 Protection3 Big toughtness numbers ( forced into HP amulet )And makes up for it with extra evades, alot of the builds dont heal like weaver.Warrior vs Thief, who heals more in that duel?Thief vs Cmirage, who heals more?Thief vs DG/Core guard, Who heals more?People come here and say thief sustain is BAD, im not saying its amazing or overpowered, im just saying its not bad.

Thief sustain is a whole heck lot better than necro is, and when i played chrono seemed limited amount of sustain.

Anet every time they change something it seems like they nerf our sustain or mobility somehow and make us more of a free kill.

It's almost as if ANET is saying: We would rather you don't play SPVP, now go play open world PvE and WVW.

Thief sustain is not better then necro but different. Core necro for example can eat literally 10x if not more hits than thief could dream of eating but if thief is good with enough knowledge of its opponents class and its skills the can actively and reactively evade that damage. Imagine a necro or reaper having thiefs mobility or close to while being able to eat the hits it currently can all with the dps it can do lol especially reaper, it would be unstoppable hence why necro had less mobility and why classes with high mobility naturally counter it. Those aspects of the game are actually somewhat balanced surprisingly.

Your blows and blows of warrior and even PU mesmer and soulbeast and even deadeye eat through necros like butter because of pure might gen and also the build bonuses to damage. Between all those even if you got a ton of toughness, you still die in a few hits because everyone hits way too hard and is power creeped to kitten and back.

Also mobility you got plus stealth which is practically limitless counts as sustain as well as the evades and heals from dodges you got.

If a necro is caught by mobile class he might as well put the control down and give up, because he isn't going to live through it. A class like deadeye with malice build up and stealth will destroy him before he can escape as well as condi thief. You put too little on the reset buttons you have as a teef.

For us, only reset we got is wurm and once its used, we are done for. If we get caught right after teleporting or if some enemy sees the wurm and kills it, we got no escape.

Stability is severely limited, to the point that the amount of cc spam and conditions will kill us before we could ever get away.

All you gotta do is press a direction button twice to dodge to get rid of cripples and immobs to get away then stealth.

Also reaper can be bursted down fairly easy, which is why we were given the death magic because we are literally food for every class because of how easy necros are to kill.Anyone and his mother can kill a necro fairly easy since mobility teleports and cc are so power creeped, that necro with reaper is still living in 2015 cannot keep up, and even then, they messed up so bad, that it only really works in big fights where we have enough poison ramped up to build up carapace.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:this will fix thiefs spamming the same skill forever, add +1s for every cast of the same skill, they need to be more skilled and use other buttons

I refuse to think you guys are for real. This is a troll, you just want to trigger anyone with even the faintest idea about balance... there is no way you could seriously suggest something like this! ...right? RIGHT???

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:this will fix thiefs spamming the same skill forever, add +1s for every cast of the same skill, they need to be more skilled and use other buttons

I refuse to think you guys are for real. This is a troll, you just want to trigger anyone with even the faintest idea about balance... there is no way you could seriously suggest something like this! ...right? RIGHT???

When its regarding thief it wouldn't surprise me in these forums in the slightest.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Your blows and blows of warrior and even PU mesmer and soulbeast and even deadeye eat through necros like butter because of pure might gen and also the build bonuses to damage. Between all those even if you got a ton of toughness, you still die in a few hits because everyone hits way too hard and is power creeped to kitten and back.

Also mobility you got plus stealth which is practically limitless counts as sustain as well as the evades and heals from dodges you got.

If a necro is caught by mobile class he might as well put the control down and give up, because he isn't going to live through it. A class like deadeye with malice build up and stealth will destroy him before he can escape as well as condi thief. You put too little on the reset buttons you have as a teef.

For us, only reset we got is wurm and once its used, we are done for. If we get caught right after teleporting or if some enemy sees the wurm and kills it, we got no escape.

Stability is severely limited, to the point that the amount of cc spam and conditions will kill us before we could ever get away.

All you gotta do is press a direction button twice to dodge to get rid of cripples and immobs to get away then stealth.

Also reaper can be bursted down fairly easy, which is why we were given the death magic because we are literally food for every class because of how easy necros are to kill.Anyone and his mother can kill a necro fairly easy since mobility teleports and cc are so power creeped, that necro with reaper is still living in 2015 cannot keep up, and even then, they messed up so bad, that it only really works in big fights where we have enough poison ramped up to build up carapace.

Gotta love these exaggerations coming from people who never play thief. They should know it's always a trade-off for a thief to perform a certain action.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Gotta love these exaggerations coming from people who never play thief. They should know it's always a trade-off for a thief to perform a certain action.

Oh i have played a thief, in fact i defended thief not once but multiple times against mesmers demanding nerf.

Not only that, but i am fully against nerfing stealth completely, heck i even said that. I used a sindrener build S/D and have pvped with D/P and you are the one this time who is ignorant about necro.

You say necro's defenses are as good as thief? are you high or something? You literally have the ability to disengage carefully that is but still disengage you got easy access to multiple stealth abilities for positioning, necro has no such things.

Your damage isn't that bad either. I saw pistol whip doing 3-4k which is decent, plus on top of that you can always take assasins signet for the damage bonus if you see a opportunity to land a big hit, plus good heals.

A necro is very limited in what he can take.

Right now reaper is mostly power and limited to either axe warhorn or maybe axe/Focus.

Core necros are still very easy to kill and generally food for most classes, and easy to outplay. If you can't kill a necro then im sorry you probably have the reflexes of a corpse and need to get better.

Thief on the other hand while a lot more limited than it used to be has S/D at least and the pistol whip build with D/P.

so thats: S/D /D/P and maybe S/P with side weapon of Shortbow.

Thats quite a bit of options.

Your damage isn't that bad either. I saw pistol whip doing 3-4k which is decent, plus on top of that you can always take assasins signet for the damage bonus if you see a opportunity to land a big hit, plus good heals.

Warrior deals the same damage with one dodge roll.

Also, mages and mesmers spam evades and invuln frames without any cast times. Complainers need to git gut, honestly.