New Hairstyles Soon?™

Chasind.3128

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just want some longer hairstyle for the males. It's pretty unlikely that anet will because they haven't done anything for so long that even if you don't have the permanent hairstyle kit, you propably have 10 onetime versions saved somewhere, so no sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Could we expand the hairstyle options in the game for the hairstyle kits. The more options the better.

Personally I'd love to see more of the norn/human hair crossovers again, as i am a fan of the norn hairstyle... just not their enormous size.Since these are already in game and use a simular skeleton, I cant see how it would cost a huge amount of time coding in.

More styles of hair for all races would let people finally use up those kits!

Until they officially put new faces/hairstyles on their roadmap I will wholeheartedly welcome every single new thread asking for more of those.Calling some of the existing ones hideous is an understatement, way too many characters look the same due to a lack of decent choices.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:We already have hairstyle request threads. Please check the search feature.

Do you actually see a thread and your first instinct is to search and see if another thread has ever existed so you can jump in with the first comment like your helping?

No, actually, I remember reading threads that have come before. What would actually be helpful would be for people to use the search function to review existing threads on their chosen topic and either add relevant comment to those or, if they must start a new one, then not to echo things that have already been said. The purpose of a forum is for discussion. How can we discuss a topic without adding anything new to it? That would seem to be pointless.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:We already have hairstyle request threads. Please check the search feature.

Do you actually see a thread and your first instinct is to search and see if another thread has ever existed so you can jump in with the first comment like your helping?

No, actually, I remember reading threads that have come before. What would actually be helpful would be for people to use the search function to review existing threads on their chosen topic and either add relevant comment to those or, if they must start a new one, then not to echo things that have already been said. The purpose of a forum is for discussion. How can we discuss a topic without adding anything new to it? That would seem to be pointless.

Yeah but if he necroes a thread with 60 comments and I or anyone who hasn't been here for 2 years sees it I am not going to read the 60 comments of a 2 year old thread to get to his. I got some insight into you by accident once searching old threads about moderation and you mention in one you were a forum mod in another game so I see even as a very casual GW2 player you are an avid forum participant. Do you think even if you reported this thread a mod would merge it with a thread from 2 years ago? I will tho use your bot answer against you. How does a new thread about a topic months or years ago affect you being able to read/participate in the forums?

I do hope that more options are added to the game, letting players pick out of many hairs rather than just the 4 main ones we see over and over again on every character.

With regards to the CoC.. I see that as an easy way to hide players wants/needs, shove it all in one forum topic and let it go to page 12.

@"Jilora.9524" said:Yeah but if he necroes a thread with 60 comments and I or anyone who hasn't been here for 2 years sees it I am not going to read the 60 comments of a 2 year old thread to get to his.That's what the search function is for.I got some insight into you by accident once searching old threads about moderation and you mention in one you were a forum mod in another game so I see even as a very casual GW2 player you are an avid forum participant. Do you think even if you reported this thread a mod would merge it with a thread from 2 years ago?No, IMO it should be closed because it doesn't add anything new to the discussion.I will tho use your bot answer against you. How does a new thread about a topic months or years ago affect you being able to read/participate in the forums?It affects all forums participants by adding superfluous threads with no value. That violates the CoC.

It does add something new, it shows that there is more support for the addition of more hairs. Please tell me you would actually want to see a greater selection in the game?

What isnt adding anything new is going on and on about CoC.

==== Back to topic ====

Even if as a quick fix the chinese client hairs and the norn hairs / human hairs were swapped between the races/added to the game this would be a start of an expanding set of options.

Which I can't see being a huge strain on reasources to pull off. Unless there is an underlying reason to not do this, then we'd love to be informed as to why not.