Newbie player in Anvil rock

Threvus.7196

@Aramis.2675 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:AR has several pugmanders who run open squads, many of whom run with 10-15 guildmates, but leave the group open to others, provided they are willing to join discord (no mic needed) so the commander can give direction. It's a good way to find players/comms that you 'click' with.

How can i find them tho ?

If they are running open squads, they would likely have a tag up. Know that they may be on one of the other borders, so just popping in isn’t always the answer.

Team chat, asking if there is a squad on map can help though don’t be shocked at the responses...

And as a hint: don’t say it’s just for pips or GoB...

@"Aramis.2675" said:Hello guys!I'm playing GW2 for a week now, just lvled to 80 two days ago, and i really want to play the WvW with a good group, i'm very active and i learn fast...

I started in anvil rock, i woud like to know if there is any guild that coud guide me and help me grow

=)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild

@Aramis.2675 said:Hello guys!I'm playing GW2 for a week now, just lvled to 80 two days ago, and i really want to play the WvW with a good group, i'm very active and i learn fast...

I started in anvil rock, i woud like to know if there is any guild that coud guide me and help me grow

=)

looking for group is the better option since they normally dont allow us to talk server stuff in wvw forum. best shout via /t. and look for a wvw guild.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:AR has several pugmanders who run open squads, many of whom run with 10-15 guildmates, but leave the group open to others, provided they are willing to join discord (no mic needed) so the commander can give direction. It's a good way to find players/comms that you 'click' with.

How can i find them tho ?

If they are running open squads, they would likely have a tag up. Know that they may be on one of the other borders, so just popping in isn’t always the answer.

Team chat, asking if there is a squad on map can help though don’t be shocked at the responses...

And as a hint: don’t say it’s just for pips or GoB...

As Strider says, go into chat and type: /t to get into Team chat (visible on ALL WvW maps) and just ask "Any open squads". In my experience most commanders who run open squads will want more players to come follow them...which is why they run open. A response will point you to which map to move to (usually EBG, but could be a borderland).

I made a habit of adding commanders I enjoyed following to my friends list so I could check that list when I logged in, and then I knew if I zoned into WvW I'd have a tag to join.

You'll soon start to recognize names and what time zones they tend to play in.

This thread will probably get moved but I hope it doesn't. We WvW guys love to see fresh blood in WvW and the forums.

Watch for tags during your typical play time and ask if they have any openings. They typically require specific builds and such but it is a great way to fast track WvW play experience.